Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's gone wrong with the upload facility?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Canonshots
3 Jun 2011 - 7:27 AM

For the last two days my attempts to upload have been met with the dreaded "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. The rest of the site works fine and so do all other sites so the problem is not at my end. Anyone else having this problem?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Jun 2011 - 7:27 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

franken
franken e2 Member 113104 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 8:16 AM

Worked fine when I uploaded yesterday.

Ken

baclark
baclark  53740 forum posts United Kingdom24 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 8:33 AM

Quote: For the last two days my attempts to upload have been met with the dreaded "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. The rest of the site works fine and so do all other sites so the problem is not at my end. Anyone else having this problem?

Yep me!! Couldn't upload versions yesterday, got the same message or 'error' and very slow last night, despite hubbie, clearing the cache and cookies (no idea what it means he's the IT man!) This morning uploaded .... fine, tried to add a version, same message again despite several attempts.

Now the image has disappeared altogether from my pf!! I'd had a comment so people could see it, not now though!
I've put in a report, well 2 after I'd discovered the photo had gone!

Good luck solving that one chaps!
Barbara

Last Modified By baclark at 3 Jun 2011 - 8:33 AM
deetvstudio
3 Jun 2011 - 12:11 PM

I've just tried one myself (which worked) but I wasn't online to try one yesterday, so it's difficult to comment apart from stating that I use Firefox as opposed to Explorer. That could be the difference - but without going into differences between operating systems, what software is installed, firewall settings, etc., we may have to wait to see if Admin. provide an answer.
Dave L.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 12:53 PM

The main problem I have found with Upload is that it often (about 50% of the time) mangles the photo, putting a strong colour cast over about half of it, but oddly never all of it. I have had to re-upload once or twice before the photo shows as it should.

Anyone else found this?

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104015 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 1:05 PM

have uploaded multiple shots today without any problem...my main beef is still the time it takes to load epz (to my pf page) on the first call. All oher sites zoom away..takes about 10 secs to load epz Smile

I use Firefox with W7 Smile

MalcolmS
MalcolmS e2 Member 91069 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 2:11 PM

Quote: 10 secs to load epz

Only 10 secs., luxury. If it was consistantly 10 secs. I could cope with that, more like 20 secs for me.

Last Modified By MalcolmS at 3 Jun 2011 - 2:11 PM
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 2:52 PM

Quote: ..takes about 10 secs to load epz

I've been having the same problem...this IS an epz issue. I've spoken with the IT guys and they have a plan to resolve.

MODERATOR POST
cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104015 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 3:08 PM

Quote: ..takes about 10 secs to load epz
I've been having the same problem...this IS an epz issue. I've spoken with the IT guys and they have a plan to resolve.

thanks, Pete Smile

strokebloke
3 Jun 2011 - 3:12 PM

Well done Pete. For the last two days I've been blaming Firefox.
It'll be nice to have it up & running again Grin

Jestertheclown

I've had a problem for some time with the Critique gallery re. speed and hanging which was resolved yesterday by Richard and the result was that the whole site was working better than I think it ever has done here. Every page I went to was loading in an instant.
Today though, it's not working properly at all. I'll asume then,that it's something to do with whatever you're referring to Pete?
Having seen how well this site can be made to operate, I'd be really disappointed to see it slip back into its old ways.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 3 Jun 2011 - 3:27 PM
baclark
baclark  53740 forum posts United Kingdom24 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 5:07 PM

We've also discoverd that Virgin our ISP is experiencing problems with a router. They are working on it but it means at present EPZ is either painfully slow or pages just fail to upload or present an 'error' when trying to load a page.

On the upside, after my upload vanished this morning David has been brilliant, great communication and he found and reinstated my photo! Many thanks for that. Smile

However, if EPZ is not an option, might have to do some housework....... Sad Sad
Barbara

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jun 2011 - 5:10 PM

EPZ slow at present - but inconsistently so. Quite unpredictable really.

Jestertheclown

What is "pan2.ephotozine.com?"

When I try to access the site via an email link, it hangs while I'm being told I'm waiting for the "pan" thing.

Any ideas?

strokebloke
3 Jun 2011 - 7:29 PM

Quote: However, if EPZ is not an option, might have to do some housework

Don't do it Barbara Sad

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.