Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's The Best Website hosts or builders for Photographers?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Naughtybutnice666

Hi Can someone help please?? I need to find a good website host but need it to look really professional or can you recommend a really good website builder but my budget is only 2000 Smile x

Jodie

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
24 Mar 2012 - 7:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ray1
ray1  10518 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2012 - 7:27 PM

Depends on what you want.

Naughtybutnice666

Hi Ray i was looking at Photobiz as i thought they looked quite classy. Smile

ray1
ray1  10518 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2012 - 7:52 PM

You have a number of options with websites, have someone build you something from scratch, use a template system such as wordpress or go with a system such as photobiz. They all have there benefits and your 2k is way over the top for a good website. The most expensive will be a build from scratch with the cheapest being a system such as photobiz. You then need to consider site maintenance and whether you want someone to do your uploads etc if you are thinking a photo site. A system will be the easiest with a web designer being the most expensive. A shop will cost you more. My money would go to a template/wordpress site as there are 1000,s of great templates and you have more control over things. Having a site on your own hosting is better in my mind as well. The hardest things about a great site is its content. Lots of people will say I want a site but have not considered what they really want so that is always a good start point.

Naughtybutnice666

Thank you ray all the quotes i have had coming in for a basic website to be built like the photobiz ones have been around 3000 plus then they want me to pay over 100 per month?????????? now that is not going to happen lol but i have looked at clik pic and know its great value for money but looks really cheap and gives off the wrong impression and i know that some sites look really good but are really bad for seo? sorry to be a pain but feel like there are a lot of dodgy sites & company's out there Sad and i am thinking about going to photobiz but cant find enough valid reviews on them and when i have tried to phone them they have never answered so that has put me off a bit.

Miles Herbert
24 Mar 2012 - 8:51 PM

Have a look at Photium or Ephotozines own Foliopic.

Both give the option of monthly payments at a budget to suit your needs and both operate a pretty good template system.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96339 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2012 - 8:55 PM

I have been getting some e-mails promoting a Company called Zenfolio.

Took a browse round their website and the various packages, templates & support appear to be quite good.

Whether they are or not, I have no idea Sad

Britman
Britman  81669 forum posts England
24 Mar 2012 - 8:58 PM

Squarespace is another decent service, although their CMS (site building back end) can take a little getting used to. However their customer service is excellent.

Naughtybutnice666

Thanks Miles have had a quick look at them and they both look like they need to be explored Wink

Naughtybutnice666

Thanks Britman & JJ Smile

Eviscera
Eviscera e2 Member 81105 forum postsEviscera vcard United Kingdom149 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2012 - 9:11 PM

Hi Lucian ,

Going by your first image , maybe spend a bit of time learning photography so you can upload quality shots to your your 3k website.

And dont forget the basics.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2012 - 9:29 PM

Quote: Hi Lucian

Eh? confused2-dark.jpg

Naughtybutnice666

Quote: Hi Lucian ,

Going by your first image , maybe spend a bit of time learning photography so you can upload quality shots to your your 3k website.

And dont forget the basics.

?????????????? I'm confused who the bloody hell is Lucian lol ?????????????

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139544 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
24 Mar 2012 - 9:42 PM

Quote: I'm confused who the bloody hell is Lucian lol

Don't worry Jodie. I think some people have Lucian on the brain............ you'll soon come across him on here - he's a slightly, er, controversial character! Wink

Naughtybutnice666

Quote: I'm confused who the bloody hell is Lucian lol

Don't worry Jodie. I think some people have Lucian on the brain............ you'll soon come across him on here - he's a slightly, er, controversial character! Wink

lol tell him to stay away from me then lol But is his work good or is Eviscera trying to say my work was bad????

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.