Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What's The Best Website hosts or builders for Photographers?

ade_mcfade Plus
11 15.2k 216 England
27 Mar 2012 8:17PM

Quote:The rates are just like photograpy Ade

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Pricing is the hardest thing ever!

Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ray1 10 545 1 England
27 Mar 2012 8:21PM

Quote:Pricing is the hardest thing ever!
try sorting out a database conflict Smile
ade_mcfade Plus
11 15.2k 216 England
27 Mar 2012 9:13PM
seen it, done it, fixed it....

used to do it for a living...

hated it....

tedious...

pricing... now that's exciting and cheeky, how much can you get away with Wink

Start high... they may just go for it, or they may disappear
Too low.... you're working for bugger all and that's not a good vibe

Database.... you're getting paid, no rush, just bang out those queries till you suss it out... Wink
ch9sab 3 10 United Kingdom
21 May 2012 6:03PM
avoid clikpic.

i have a site with them and it was stupidly unintuitive to build.

serves me right for going at the cheap end of the market.
Tooth 10 5.8k 227 Ireland
22 May 2012 4:45PM
Anyone mind if I hijack this for a second? I hear a lot of good about Will and Photium. We're looking to launch a website for our equine business, nothing to do with photography. Is Photium purely a photographic template site or would it be suitable for more general stuff (no shopping cart involved..)

(I'm asking on here instead of looking as at the moment my connection is going at snail's pace...)

Stephen
22 May 2012 4:53PM
@Tooth

I can't speak for Photium, but foliopic is pretty flexible.
Paul1972 7 46
1 Mar 2014 7:34PM
Does any one know any good sites to show images I am currently with Clikpic and looking to find somewhere new to show my work.
Any pointers would be welcome.
Cheers
Paul
searlem Plus
8 38 1 England
3 Mar 2014 8:51PM
I have been using foliopic for a few years now, and it seems fine, easy to set up, a range of mobile friendly templates, and at a reasonable cost. It does slide shows and you can pick the cost appropriate to the level go functionality that you want from the site, you can also link it to your own domain name. It's probably not the best example but feel free to take a look at mine, www.searlephotography.co.uk

Mark
foliopic also has an easy template designer which means your site can be completely custom without any knowledge of code. Click 'Create a Template' and choose Template Designer.
9 Jan 2015 9:05PM
2000 is a very good budget and you can allow yourself a not big custom website. Why don't to use WordPress - it's a very good solution by price-quality ratio. Or do you still want to use website builders? Check this review of website builders for photographers, perhaps it's exactly what you're looking for.
JGarfield 1 1 Australia
10 Jan 2015 8:44AM
Give Creative Motion Design a look if it hasn't already been mentioned? Lots of great templates, great customer support and very reasonably priced. Save your cash or spend it on equipment instead Smile
ade_mcfade Plus
11 15.2k 216 England
10 Jan 2015 10:01AM
I use a full screen wordpress theme which is very easy to use....

www.leedsfoodphotographer.co.uk

I've got 4 which use it

Dead simple really - though it's one I use to sell a service, rather than market photos for sale. If you're selling lots of photos, maybe look at piling your photos into FLICKR then using a wordpress plugin to pull them on to your site - you get 1TB of free space on there, if you put them on your own site, the disc space may cost a fortune!
hobbs 11 1.3k United Kingdom
10 Jan 2015 12:05PM

Quote:
Quote:I'm confused who the bloody hell is Lucian lol

Don't worry Jodie. I think some people have Lucian on the brain............ you'll soon come across him on here - he's a slightly, er, controversial character! Wink

Is he still about? Not been around myself for a while.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.