Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What's Your Dream Photo Shoot?

28 Mar 2014 9:17AM
What is your dream photo shoot if money, time, etc was no object?

Mine:

Location: Well equipped studio including a car size ceiling light box.
Subject: Ferraris and Lamborghinis (preferably Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Countach, Lamborghini Diablo)
Why: These cars were featured on the posters which covered my bedroom walls as a kid. They have always been highly desirable cars to me and I'd love to try to replicate these posters as well as take a few new angles on these beautiful works of art.

So, what's yours?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
28 Mar 2014 9:36AM
Event: Mens Downhill Ski Racing
Why: Looks so spectacular on the television just like to have a go at photographing it... in perfect conditions, of course ! !
I did attend the race in Kitzbuhel one year but was not really into photography in those days. ( c January 1984 I think )
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2014 9:47AM
Fastnet race from sea and helicopter

Start of the Cowes Torquay Cowes powerboat race, as above

That will do for the moment but there are many and various shoots I would love to do (but know I have absolutely no chance of ever achieving - still, its good to dream Grin )
JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
28 Mar 2014 9:49AM
Interesting, so far there appears to be a theme related to speed / sports.
altitude50 e2
10 2.3k United Kingdom
28 Mar 2014 10:04AM
The perfect night shot at the LeMans 24 Hour, a combination of speed, colour, detail, occasion and drama!
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
28 Mar 2014 11:52AM
Subject: - Super cars in a city of sky scrapers... I love sky scrapers, I'm lucky to have been up some of the best and seen the biggest (in Dubai). New York is an amazing place where I got a strained neck from looking up all the time.

I'd love a street to closed for a few hours so I could create some cool shots with that skyline as backdrop... maybe with steam coming out of the sidewalk and some strategically places yellow cabs in the background.
Why:- a combination of having been to new york BEFORE I had a camera, and longing to go back... plus the joy I get from shooting super cars.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
28 Mar 2014 12:03PM
I'd like to go back in time when cameras were a rarity and people were always willing to be in a shot rather than wanting to attack you or be rude. Your work would be more valued than it is today and all the genres would still be open to interpretation because they hadn't been done before.
28 Mar 2014 12:44PM
1. Place: Monaco - During the F1 weekend. Free access to photograph cars/drivers in the Pit lane plus later in the press areas.
2. Place: Grand Canyon - to spend a year living in the Grand Canyon taking photos at different seasons and times of the day.

Both are clearly just dreams as 1. would not be allowed and I do not seriously think I could do 2. given that I have never been camping in my life but think of the photo opportunities.

Dave
TanyaH e2
11 687 79 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2014 12:55PM
This is the current dream ...

Location: Somewhere where there wasn't any dodgy person(s) who wanted to cosh me over the head in order to nick my camera equipment! (I have a real phobia about being out and about on my own with a camera ... which probably doesn't aid my photography any ... Sad)

Subject: Woods/forests with a plethora of trees (birches, gnarly old oaks and the like), with fog/mist and endless possibilities for truly magical images. Oh, and some crows and other 'dark' birds would go down well too Smile

Why: Because I love those places that have a sense of mystical isolation, where anything can happen and you could slip through the layers of worlds and encounter things you wouldn't find in this one.

I think I'm just an old hippy at heart! Grin
JohnParminter
7 1.3k 14 England
28 Mar 2014 1:15PM
I've already fulfilled all of my dream photo shoot locations and subjects.

Night out on the Cuillin ridge for sunset and sunrise - Strenuous but not technically too hard.
Sunrise on CMD overlooking Ben Nevis - Most difficult of the iconic Scottish hills to photograph well.
Midwinter sunrise over the Five Sisters of Kintail - Sheer unbridled euphoria, never felt more alive in the hills.
View from A' Mhaighdean in remote Letterewe - Remote, no tripod holes here!
Alone on An Teallach in gathering dusk - Emotional.
Scary moments photographing the Liathach pinnacles in snow and ice - Just scared.
Exhausted but elated after a full day for a handful of photos of Ben Alder - A big achievement after years of planning.
A weekend roaming Knoydart and listening to local banter in the remotest pub in Britain - Life at a different pace.

...to name but a few dream photo shoots.

Why Because mountains are my passion, photography itself isn't that interesting for me but it is a way of expressing my interest and passion in the hills.

I've achieved my photo ambitions now and haven't picked up a camera in over year, and no real desire to...

Smile
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2014 1:35PM
Location, a crisp clean studio space with enough related props to complement a group of interesting people (ages and face styles) in a fashionably related but slightly alternative style against a clean muted background.
A series of snoots to pick out individuals, and a high speed flash pulse to properly freeze human movement (1/800s) for one of two of the models. And a lens with a shallow enough DOF to lose items not in the focus plane, so probably a 24-70 F2.8 with about 10 feet background separation.
A MUA and a small smoke machine is a bonus.
28 Mar 2014 2:53PM

Quote: I've achieved my photo ambitions now and haven't picked up a camera in over year, and no real desire to...

Smile

Wow...for such a talented photographer, that's really sad! - new goals required!
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2014 4:10PM
Subject: In order of likelihood - orang utans, tigers and the Sumatran rhinoceros
Why: three magnificent animals - little else to be said, really
Coast e2
6 1.5k 292 United Kingdom
28 Mar 2014 4:23PM
Subject: Tour de France

Dream job to be one of the TDF or Pro bike team official photographers. All area pass and access to pillion position on one of the Camera bikes.

Grin
dark_lord e2
10 1.5k 145 England
28 Mar 2014 4:58PM
There are many. But let's stick to the topic and go for one. When I've domne thast, i'll come up with anotherGrin

Following Pink, Lady Gaga, Rhianna or Christina Aguilera on tour for a year like the rock and pop photographers of the 1960s and 1970s.

SmileSmileSmile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.