Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's Your Favourite 'Own' Photo?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61587 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
7 Aug 2011 - 7:57 PM

venetian-magic.jpg

this one is my favourite, reminds me of a fabulous trip to the venice carnival, its been exhibited in salons, won a competition on epz, won club and interclub competions and was in my lrps panel.

more importantly, i had been in a photographic wilderness having dropped out of the club circuit for a while, had seen colour popping (corny i know but new at the time) but didnt know how to do it. the world had gone digital and i was struggling with a new bridge camea and no photoshop. i met an old club friend who persuaded me to go back to my former club and it was to start a new fire inside of me.

taken during the carnival, it was a fleeting moment that happened in front of me and the refraction in the glass was fabulous and caught my eye, the picture was grabbed by instinct and was uncropped as on slide i neither had that possiblility and had less than 1/3 stop exposure to, play with. this was taken on slide in a nikon f2 or a pentax mx, i dont recall, but i remember making hard work of this after scanning to achieve this result. it won first time out on my return to the club. it would be so easy to do now in retospect

Phil

Last Modified By NEWMANP at 7 Aug 2011 - 8:00 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Aug 2011 - 7:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brrttpaul
brrttpaul  3203 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Aug 2011 - 7:06 AM

heres mine as im an absolute beginer, took it this week. Its my fav cos I can see a woman,s face in it but if you rotate it twice to the right then it changes to a blokes face.dsc-0255.jpg

JackAllTog
JackAllTog e2 Member 53651 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
15 Aug 2011 - 9:22 AM

With an eye for detail like that Paul i doubt you'll stay a beginner for very long - welcome to ephotozine.
Cheers
Stuart

GavChap
GavChap  330 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Aug 2011 - 9:44 AM

dsc-2774.jpg

This is one of my favourites, it's my son and his friend on a treasure hunt.

perkyjude
perkyjude  346 forum posts England11 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2011 - 11:32 AM

october-05-158.jpg
This was taken 5 and a half years ago with a little compact, I loved the natural sun light and, as it's my daughter it has happy memories too, and I guess this was the beginning of becoming more interested in photography and wanting to have more control over the light etc.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2011 - 11:49 AM

At the moment it is this one, not because it is amazing photography or anything, but because after the the awful year I have had I seriously thought I would never find anyone again and I would end up on my own for the rest of my life. This photo represents a very significant moment in my life, one I could never imagine.

dsc-0035asm.jpg

digicammad
digicammad  1121988 forum posts United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
22 Aug 2011 - 11:56 AM

This is mine, has been for quite some time now.

75029.jpg

As a kid I was fascinated by Terence Cuneo paintings of steam and I believe this captures some of the atmosphere (but not the mouse) of those images.

Ian

KeithLockwood
24 Aug 2011 - 3:01 PM

Hello all. I'm a newby here and this is my current favourite. Taken at Sweethearts Abbey near Dumfries on a Sony point and shoot and part of a set I took on our grand tour (mad dash Grin) around the north of England and Scotland last month.

img-0062---2011-07-25-at-17-53-31.jpg

Last Modified By KeithLockwood at 24 Aug 2011 - 3:01 PM
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72366 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
24 Aug 2011 - 3:04 PM

My favourite changes quite often. But at the moment, I would say this one, entitled 'I want to be tall tall tall':

lrg-52194-1302459027.jpg

Last Modified By davidburleson at 24 Aug 2011 - 3:05 PM
collywobles
25 Aug 2011 - 10:32 AM

Quote: Terence Cuneo

There is a name from my past.

My Father was a spotter in WWII with him and he used to make sketches of the enemy target positions. As a child I had a model aircraft made from wood and painted by Cuneo. Wish I still had it.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.