Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What's your favourite wildlife? (group forum)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
alianar
alianar  482 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2010 - 4:44 PM

very nice photos guys Wink

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
15 Jul 2010 - 4:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
15 Jul 2010 - 5:20 PM

Local Kingfisher. Very strong sunlight means that the iridescence of the feathers causes a troublesome metering issue...

kf07.jpg

lawbert
lawbert  71694 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2010 - 5:52 PM

My Favourite Bird would be the humble Chaffinch.
splendidchaff-copy.jpg

That said I have the greatest of respect and admiration of all our feathered friends....Even Pigeons!!....You cant blame them for being succesful!!Smile

Dave_E
Dave_E  5125 forum posts United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 - 6:04 PM

I'm with mohikan in that there is something special about raptors, my favourite at the moment are the kestrel chicks I've been privileged to see develop and fledge.
But I get pleasure out of being able to see and photograph any wildlife as long as I can do it without disturbing them.

Geoffphoto
15 Jul 2010 - 6:08 PM

Quote: I'm with mohikan in that there is something special about raptors,

I know, they scared the cr*p out of me in Jurassic Park !!!!!!! Smile

mohikan22
mohikan22  102187 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2010 - 6:25 PM

lol

NeilS
NeilS e2 Member 7828 forum postsNeilS vcard United Kingdom
15 Jul 2010 - 6:42 PM

1-img-1460.jpg

Birds

Even seagulls can be amazing

alianar
alianar  482 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
15 Jul 2010 - 8:04 PM

i agree with you, a bird doesnt have to be beautiful to be great Grin

mohikan22
15 Jul 2010 - 8:21 PM

Very true just look at a vulture! one UGLY bird but can be very intelligent and ferocious.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
bigalguitarpicker

I was going to say that my favourite wildlife is the tasty ones! I spent many years doing the other sort of shooting, prefer the camera now. I used to wonder when I heard people say that, but now I'm older, I understand. Rather watch them fly and run free. I love the pic of a bird on a fence post, but I can't decide if it's a Snipe or a Jack Snipe, I'm more experienced in the rear view as they zigzag away. I think the Snipe has longer tail feathers than the Jack Snipe but they're not clearly visible here. I remember standing on the shore of Lough Neagh with my Labrador at heel, when a Snipe flew in and proceeded to feed not two feet away. Grouse ( my long departed, never to be forgotten companion) was quivering from nose to tail, but remained steady. When the wee bird realised we were there, I swear it did a double take of the scene before giving a squawk and clearing off!

mohikan22
16 Jul 2010 - 8:45 AM

Just by mear chance THIS is what i meant by ferocious ........I hope he is well too.

cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104000 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
21 Jul 2010 - 5:04 PM

my favourite wildlife are the one's that sit still whilst I take a photo Wink
King of the Castle

peggyb
peggyb  4 United States
8 Nov 2010 - 2:21 PM

Lions, whether they are in the wild or captive. They are so majestic and offer great photo opportunities. Here a a few I've taken:

mother-lion.jpg

Taken in Kenya

untitled-3.jpg

Taken in Tanzania

untitled-2.jpg

Also Tanzania

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110181 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
8 Nov 2010 - 4:43 PM

I don't think I have a particular favourite species but I do like shots that show behaviour rather than more static record shots (that's not to say that I don't do a lot of the latter Wink )

If pushed to make a choice I suppose it would have to be Baboons (but my shots are really captive animals, not "Wildlife" as we don't have many free-roaming baboons in Dorset (a few driving cars round here though! Tongue )

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.