Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What should i expect ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    freewilluk
    5 Dec 2012 - 12:41 PM

I recently bought a Fuji finepix 4500 for only 150.00 and i'm quite happy with it,but i'd like to know how much price affects the final photo result.Are there any websites pages whatever where i can compare the photo qualities of different camera's ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Dec 2012 - 12:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Dec 2012 - 12:53 PM

Quote: Are there any websites pages whatever

You have arrived at the best site around.....LOL....Smile

Look under the " Review " Tab at the top, There is tons of stuff, So you might need a degree of patience to find what your looking for.

Or dare I say it, Google for direct comparisons, Trouble is looking at stuff on the web, Can be very misleading at best, Image Quality is a kinda " How long Is Piece Of String Question.

Wink

freewilluk
    5 Dec 2012 - 12:58 PM

Thanks Smile I asked really as you see so many photos that have been manipulated with photoshop etc its difficult to seperate the originals from the ones that have been touched up.

MikeRC
    MikeRC e2 Member 93488 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
    5 Dec 2012 - 1:59 PM

Quote: its difficult to seperate the originals from the ones that have been touched up.

....you got that right Smile

GarethRobinson

The experience of the user will affect the final result in most cases, rather than the price of a camera. A lot of people buy expensive gear and cant use it, they expect it to produce amazing results and then think oh im going to have to learn this dam thing. I have personally seen members of my local club with 2k+ camera bodies and they don't even know how to put the camera in manual mode. If you are happy with the images you get from your current camera that's all that matters, when you learn it inside out and out grow it then it is time to look for better gear.

As for editing images we live in a world where it seems that being a graphic artist / manipulator and the understanding of photoshop is more important than producing a master piece in camera. 20 plus images to make a final print seems to be acceptable as some say the final image is all that counts.

Editing of images from most dslrs is required to get the best out of the raw file, sharpness, contrast etc, that is expected.

Each to their own..

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 5 Dec 2012 - 2:43 PM
    User_Removed
    5 Dec 2012 - 2:36 PM

Quote: I recently bought a Fuji finepix 4500 for only 150.00 and i'm quite happy with it,but i'd like to know how much price affects the final photo result.Are there any websites pages whatever where i can compare the photo qualities of different camera's ?

All you are seeing on an internet site are low-res Jpegs. It really is impossible to make any meaningful comparison of the image quality from different cameras from pics on the web.

But to help with your original question.

Last month my wife and I produced our 2013 calendar (using Lulu.com). We used six of her photographs and six of mine. Hers were taken with a cheap compact camera; mine were taken with an expensive full-frame 36Mp digital SLR.

In the high quality 11"x8" images printed in the calendar it is completely impossible to detect any quality difference between the images from each of the cameras.

GarethRobinson

Ps RANT over...lol

capto
    capto e2 Member 2989 forum postscapto vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Dec 2012 - 3:14 PM

Never forget that the photographer does play an important part. The best kit in the wrong hands can easily produce rubbish, and the opposite is equally true.

ivor

LVanDhal
    LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    5 Dec 2012 - 6:59 PM

"i'd like to know how much price affects the final photo result"
    just to clarify, when i use the term "You" I don't mean specifically You because you posed the question, I mean it in the broadest sense of the term.

In my experience price has zero effect on the actual photography produced because if the camera hands you a picture and you don't know why or how it was achieved, or why you got there, then, you don't have diddly.
    I have found that there are no short cuts in photography.
    if you want results that you are proud of, you have got to understand how and why they came about, the camera will do exactly what you tell it to do, and if you don't know what to tell it, then no camera is good to you.
    All the impassioned debates i have ever read about equipment and Photoshop come down to the same thing, if you don't know how to use it,and why you would use it, then you ain't got diddly even in terms of a point to make.
    sometimes sheer luck hands an amateur a picture on a plate ( all photographic puns intended ) but you will wait a very long time for that to happen again, and its about as fulfilling as watching paint dry.
    All images are manipulated, choosing a point of view, an exposure time and or aperture, is a manipulation, and only hard earned learned knowledge makes the choices or manipulations work.
    There are no short cuts, just graft, and from my experience it is weirdly strangely incredibly satisfying when you reach that moment when you understand some aspect of what you are actually doing.
    For me photography is not about being a print factory, the final result is not a product, its an amalgamation.
    Keep your fortune in your head not the bank.
    kindest regards.
    liz

GarethRobinson

Liz well said and welcome to EPZ

freewilluk
    6 Dec 2012 - 1:14 PM

Thanks everyone Smile
    They're the kind of answers i expected but like i said with all the different photoshoped creations its not always easy to judge.I always tend to go for quantity when shooting outdoors and nearly everytime i get at least 6 photos im happy with Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.