Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What sites used? Locked Topic - Why?

ckristoff 10 959 Wales
6 Jan 2009 7:32PM
When I came across the locked topic yesterday afternoon, I wondered why is EPZ becoming so paranoid? And the past few months, some other members have left in a huff!

Perhaps I understand why. Is EPZ a closed shop - no democracy, especially regarding other websites?

Well, I don't see similar problems on 2 other sites I've been frequenting. EOS- forums, because I have a Canon camera and BetterPhoto.com, because they are as good as, or dare I say it, better than this forum.

Also on a personal level, I seem to be experiencing that my posts are being ignored, eg, not being commented on, or no further comments placed. Take a look at the Digital Camera section - you ought to see my user-name twice.

I don't bear a grudge to anyone, I'm not that way inclined.

Anyways, Happy New Year to everyone. Smile

Frank.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GreyMoonRising 6 1.5k 1
6 Jan 2009 7:43PM
BetterPhoto.com? I will have to check it out Smile
lobsterboy e2
11 14.3k 13 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2009 7:44PM

Quote:I wondered why is EPZ becoming so paranoid?

No change in policy at all. Check the forum T&Cs - rule 3 it has been this way for as long as I can remember.
GreyMoonRising 6 1.5k 1
6 Jan 2009 7:51PM
I joined BetterPhoto.com then decided..."I don't like it"

Sad
discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2009 7:54PM
The real question is, why do we need a second thread asking the same question that got another one locked yesterday? Wink
Anthony 13 5.6k 17 Scotland
6 Jan 2009 8:02PM
Its not about being paranoid Frank, its in the T and C's for one thing, and another is, why should those other sites get free advertising on here? They do not, and Im sure Pete has confirmed at some point in the past, allow you to advertise this site over there, so why should they get free advertising here?

Its competition, and no business whoever they are, will advertise another companies product. You wouldnt go to M and S, and buy something specific to Next or somewhere else.

When you sign up here, the T and C's are available, we all have to folloow them, so thats that.

Hope that makes some sense, lol

Anthony
sut68 11 2.0k 76 England
6 Jan 2009 8:03PM
Looks like your post here isn't getting ignored Frank Wink
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
6 Jan 2009 9:03PM
About time too!! Smile)

I only posted this thread, because I couldn't understand the reason why the previous thread was locked. I couldn't see that the poster said anything wrong.

Perhaps my Dab signal is weak!

And to Anthony, I take your point my friend. I'm not out to cause problems. At this moment in time, due to work pressures, I can't seem to see the wood for the trees! Smile

I think I need to go and lie down. Just got back after locking up my brother's store - he's on the sick. I've been up since 5am this morning, and tomorrow I'm up at 6am for another shift.

That's my problem - lack of photos!

Frank.
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
6 Jan 2009 9:06PM
Sounds like you're spreading yourself a bit thin there Frank.
Have you considered trying to cut down on the number of websites you visit?

Smile
Anthony 13 5.6k 17 Scotland
6 Jan 2009 9:14PM
blimey Frank, you need a holiday, and a gold star for helping your brother out, lol

Best of luck

Anthony
Strobe 7 1.3k United States
6 Jan 2009 9:18PM

Quote:The real question is, why do we need a second thread asking the same question that got another one locked yesterday?

hear hear
IanA 11 3.0k 12 England
6 Jan 2009 9:31PM
I posted a link to an article on ePz in another forum once. It got deleted and I was banned! Tongue

Seems to me just locking them on here is quite a mild action!! Smile Smile
Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
6 Jan 2009 9:39PM
Maybe that's the answer?
Start a thread on a rival site linking to ePz extolling it's virtues and how good and fair it is compared to the rival site you're posting on, if the thread survives then post a link to that rival thread on ePz to prove that the moderators on here are the black-hearted curs that we all love to tease?
Strobe 7 1.3k United States
6 Jan 2009 9:42PM

Quote:Maybe that's the answer?
Start a thread on a rival site linking to ePz extolling it's virtues and how good and fair it is compared to the rival site you're posting on, if the thread survives then post a link to that rival thread on ePz to prove that the moderators on here are the black-hearted curs that we all love to tease?

I am up for that Smile
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
6 Jan 2009 9:45PM
Hmmm.
I wonder what this "Ban User" button does...?

Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.