Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What sites used? Locked Topic - Why?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

ckristoff
ckristoff  10941 forum posts Wales
6 Jan 2009 - 7:32 PM

When I came across the locked topic yesterday afternoon, I wondered why is EPZ becoming so paranoid? And the past few months, some other members have left in a huff!

Perhaps I understand why. Is EPZ a closed shop - no democracy, especially regarding other websites?

Well, I don't see similar problems on 2 other sites I've been frequenting. EOS- forums, because I have a Canon camera and BetterPhoto.com, because they are as good as, or dare I say it, better than this forum.

Also on a personal level, I seem to be experiencing that my posts are being ignored, eg, not being commented on, or no further comments placed. Take a look at the Digital Camera section - you ought to see my user-name twice.

I don't bear a grudge to anyone, I'm not that way inclined.

Anyways, Happy New Year to everyone. Smile

Frank.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jan 2009 - 7:32 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GreyMoonRising

BetterPhoto.com? I will have to check it out Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014170 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 7:44 PM

Quote: I wondered why is EPZ becoming so paranoid?

No change in policy at all. Check the forum T&Cs - rule 3 it has been this way for as long as I can remember.

GreyMoonRising

I joined BetterPhoto.com then decided..."I don't like it"

Sad

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93455 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 7:54 PM

The real question is, why do we need a second thread asking the same question that got another one locked yesterday? Wink

Anthony
Anthony  135645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 8:02 PM

Its not about being paranoid Frank, its in the T and C's for one thing, and another is, why should those other sites get free advertising on here? They do not, and Im sure Pete has confirmed at some point in the past, allow you to advertise this site over there, so why should they get free advertising here?

Its competition, and no business whoever they are, will advertise another companies product. You wouldnt go to M and S, and buy something specific to Next or somewhere else.

When you sign up here, the T and C's are available, we all have to folloow them, so thats that.

Hope that makes some sense, lol

Anthony

sut68
sut68 e2 Member 111998 forum postssut68 vcard England76 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 8:03 PM

Looks like your post here isn't getting ignored Frank Wink

ckristoff
ckristoff  10941 forum posts Wales
6 Jan 2009 - 9:03 PM

About time too!! Smile)

I only posted this thread, because I couldn't understand the reason why the previous thread was locked. I couldn't see that the poster said anything wrong.

Perhaps my Dab signal is weak!

And to Anthony, I take your point my friend. I'm not out to cause problems. At this moment in time, due to work pressures, I can't seem to see the wood for the trees! Smile

I think I need to go and lie down. Just got back after locking up my brother's store - he's on the sick. I've been up since 5am this morning, and tomorrow I'm up at 6am for another shift.

That's my problem - lack of photos!

Frank.

Boyd
Boyd  1111213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 9:06 PM

Sounds like you're spreading yourself a bit thin there Frank.
Have you considered trying to cut down on the number of websites you visit?

Smile

Anthony
Anthony  135645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 9:14 PM

blimey Frank, you need a holiday, and a gold star for helping your brother out, lol

Best of luck

Anthony

Strobe
Strobe  71254 forum posts United States
6 Jan 2009 - 9:18 PM

Quote: The real question is, why do we need a second thread asking the same question that got another one locked yesterday?

hear hear

IanA
IanA  113048 forum posts England12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 9:31 PM

I posted a link to an article on ePz in another forum once. It got deleted and I was banned! Tongue

Seems to me just locking them on here is quite a mild action!! Smile Smile

Boyd
Boyd  1111213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 9:39 PM

Maybe that's the answer?
Start a thread on a rival site linking to ePz extolling it's virtues and how good and fair it is compared to the rival site you're posting on, if the thread survives then post a link to that rival thread on ePz to prove that the moderators on here are the black-hearted curs that we all love to tease?

Last Modified By Boyd at 6 Jan 2009 - 9:40 PM
Strobe
Strobe  71254 forum posts United States
6 Jan 2009 - 9:42 PM

Quote: Maybe that's the answer?
Start a thread on a rival site linking to ePz extolling it's virtues and how good and fair it is compared to the rival site you're posting on, if the thread survives then post a link to that rival thread on ePz to prove that the moderators on here are the black-hearted curs that we all love to tease?

I am up for that Smile

dougv
dougv Site Moderator 108378 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 9:45 PM

Hmmm.
I wonder what this "Ban User" button does...?

Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.