Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What sites used? Locked Topic - Why?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Boyd
Boyd  1011213 forum posts Wales11 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 9:49 PM

Quote: I wonder what this "Ban User" button does...?

Put your glasses on Doug - it says Bag User. Don't touch it until you need to empty it.

Smile

Last Modified By Boyd at 6 Jan 2009 - 9:49 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jan 2009 - 9:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Strobe
Strobe  61254 forum posts United States
6 Jan 2009 - 9:51 PM

Quote: Put your glasses on Doug - it says Bag User. Don't touch it until you need to empty it.

LOL, I thought you said Bang user

steve_kershaw

to be fair we do get away with a lot of links to other photography sites, forums, shops etc, especially when helping somebody,
you have to remember this is a commercial site, and as such has to look after its interest.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1013937 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2009 - 9:55 PM

Quote: To be fair we do get away with a lot of links to other photography sites, forums, shops etc, especially when helping somebody,
you have to remember this is a commercial site, and as such has to look after its interest.

We do try to moderate in moderation.....

Except for Boyds posts - we delete every third post he makes. Its just spite but it makes me laugh Wink

Last Modified By lobsterboy at 6 Jan 2009 - 9:56 PM
yellowduke
7 Jan 2009 - 12:46 AM

I still maintain that this site isn't a gallery site but an ezine and as such isn't really in competition with such sites. Besides, space on a gallery site is pretty cheap in comparison. I'm on a couple of model/tog sites and they are really sharp on any references to their competitors. This site is pretty indulgent in comparison.

uggyy
uggyy  82104 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
7 Jan 2009 - 1:16 AM

Quote: I remember Pete saying about being happy to link to something on dpreview so long as dpreview gave a link back, but they wouldn't.

I remember that post too Chris. I think Pete even contacted them over it lol.

EPZ is a business, its easy to forget that with the community atmosphere and banter at times but its got to put the food on the plates for the peeps who provide us the service. If other sites wont allow links to here then why would you let them get free advertising here Wink

Leightonhs
7 Jan 2009 - 3:18 AM

I'd feel like a traitor leaving EPZ haha. I've been here to long to disregard it.

ckristoff
ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
7 Jan 2009 - 10:29 PM

Friends,

thank you for all your comments and input. As I stated last night, I'm not looking to start a problem - I guess I was simply looking for clarification.

I understand this wonderful site needs support. At present I personally feel I ain't good enough to be an E2 member. Anyway, I'm too chicken to go out in this damn freezing weather, never mind how beautiful the sunshine has been.

Thanks also for your concerns for my health. I need to sign-off now as I go to beddy-byes for a 5.30am start!! Damn alarm clock! Smile

Frank.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.