Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What sites used? Locked Topic - Why?

Boyd 11 11.2k 11 Wales
6 Jan 2009 9:49PM

Quote:I wonder what this "Ban User" button does...?

Put your glasses on Doug - it says Bag User. Don't touch it until you need to empty it.

Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Strobe 7 1.3k United States
6 Jan 2009 9:51PM

Quote:Put your glasses on Doug - it says Bag User. Don't touch it until you need to empty it.

LOL, I thought you said Bang user
steve_kershaw 9 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2009 9:53PM
to be fair we do get away with a lot of links to other photography sites, forums, shops etc, especially when helping somebody,
you have to remember this is a commercial site, and as such has to look after its interest.
lobsterboy e2
11 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2009 9:55PM

Quote:To be fair we do get away with a lot of links to other photography sites, forums, shops etc, especially when helping somebody,
you have to remember this is a commercial site, and as such has to look after its interest.

We do try to moderate in moderation.....

Except for Boyds posts - we delete every third post he makes. Its just spite but it makes me laugh Wink
yellowduke 6 303 United Kingdom
7 Jan 2009 12:46AM
I still maintain that this site isn't a gallery site but an ezine and as such isn't really in competition with such sites. Besides, space on a gallery site is pretty cheap in comparison. I'm on a couple of model/tog sites and they are really sharp on any references to their competitors. This site is pretty indulgent in comparison.
uggyy 9 2.1k 9 Scotland
7 Jan 2009 1:16AM

Quote:I remember Pete saying about being happy to link to something on dpreview so long as dpreview gave a link back, but they wouldn't.

I remember that post too Chris. I think Pete even contacted them over it lol.

EPZ is a business, its easy to forget that with the community atmosphere and banter at times but its got to put the food on the plates for the peeps who provide us the service. If other sites wont allow links to here then why would you let them get free advertising here Wink
Leightonhs 8 155 1
7 Jan 2009 3:18AM
I'd feel like a traitor leaving EPZ haha. I've been here to long to disregard it.
ckristoff 10 959 Wales
7 Jan 2009 10:29PM
Friends,

thank you for all your comments and input. As I stated last night, I'm not looking to start a problem - I guess I was simply looking for clarification.

I understand this wonderful site needs support. At present I personally feel I ain't good enough to be an E2 member. Anyway, I'm too chicken to go out in this damn freezing weather, never mind how beautiful the sunshine has been.

Thanks also for your concerns for my health. I need to sign-off now as I go to beddy-byes for a 5.30am start!! Damn alarm clock! Smile

Frank.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.