Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What software do you use?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
27 Mar 2001 - 7:31 AM

Let me know what techniques you would like using which software program and I will try to get these covered. Jim 'l fix it or what?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Mar 2001 - 7:31 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

tom hardwick
8 Aug 2001 - 1:28 AM

If you can do us a tip-of-the-day for Photoshop that would be so useful, bring people to this page on a regular basis
and generate feedback.

icphoto
icphoto  12561 forum posts England
8 Aug 2001 - 1:28 AM

Most Photo Mags only cover the use of the full version of Photoshop 5/6, the article that you have provided in Photography Monthly is one of the few that I have seen covering the use of Photoshop 5LE. More please!

niallthealy
28 Sep 2001 - 7:25 PM

Has anyone got any sesible discussion concerning the different types of digital manipulation softwatre out there or what.I use "Adobe Photoshop 5.0" myself and I also use micrografx picture publisher 8.I find both of these products very good considering I am a professional photographer here in Ireland.Anyone got any other favourites out there in the digital photography world.By the way I also use the good old 35mm film medium also.I believe that it will be a very long time indeed before the good old 35mm disappears if it does at all.

shashin
shashin  12
29 Sep 2001 - 3:30 PM

I use photoshop5.5 at work, and photoimpact6 at home. I prefer using photoimpact6(U-Lead). If you want a good set of plug-in filters to use, instead of the stupid `funky` effects filters most software supplies, I recommend nik-multi media Efex filters. They were designed with photographers in mind. You can find them at www.tech-nik.com (no I don't work for the company, I just like their products.

klakto
klakto  12
21 Nov 2001 - 10:05 PM

As an alternative to Photoshop, has anyone considered using Photopaint that comes packaged with Corel Draw. Although little known about and understated software. This in my opion has just as much power as Photoshop if not more. It has been some time since I used it as my job requires me to use Photoshop (being the industry standard) but I think that if you get the chance to use it, you will be quite supprised at its capabilities.

Little Jo
Little Jo e2 Member 122272 forum postsLittle Jo vcard United Kingdom
4 Feb 2002 - 8:01 PM

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements and Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7.04 installed. The latter is a great program, lots of features and a bit more complex than PS Elements.

I could do with some tutorials on photo editing, particularly when dealing with all the complexities of hue and that sort of thing.

A lesson on using layers perhaps that goes beyond the basics?

Some things look easy in the book, but are not so easy in practice.

brucemainsmith
25 Feb 2002 - 3:58 PM

I have PSPv7 bought from Jungle for 34 (yes you read that right!) which claims it can work with 256 colours but this is not true though so what? I also have Photosuite III and Photo It. The two latter are user friendly though the clone tool in the former is a bit clumsy.

There is Photosuite 4 and Platinum but nobody seems to know the difference......

PSPv7 is very fluent but hideously complex. It needs a 504page basic manual, a 150page supplementary and a User Group (ask Google to find PSPUG for you) which indicates just how hard PSPv7 is.

Is Elements easy? All want is to be able to retouch both b&w and colours photos, caption them either in a panel below or stripped on a transparent overlay, and that's it. PSPv7 cannot handle the captioning on b&w unless you increase the colour depth to 24bits (16m colours) or 32bits which is 24 anyway plus an alpha channel.

My equipment generates 16million so no sweat for me but it could throw many out there. PSPUG also recommends 200Hz refresh which I repudiate but I have no technical knowledge so my opinion on that irrelevant. This help anybody? Bruce +++

Bruce Crosby
23 Mar 2002 - 2:43 PM

I use Photoshop Elements. I tried PSP, Serif's package (forget the name) and loads of others. Tried a trial version of Photoshop 6 - way too complicated!

Elements seems to be just about right for me. I'm fairly computer literate, use a laptop for work (engineering), use CAD, but not really an artist. I started with a Nikon F60 SLR and a scanner, then bought a Minolta Dimage 7 last year(shame about the new 7i) and have been playing with it ever since.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

pablo perez
20 Dec 2002 - 10:04 AM

i use L View Pro.it features a numerical filter matrix and graphic colour control.it gives me great results for texturizing.

pablo perez
20 Dec 2002 - 10:08 AM

i actually would like to get older and much more simple software.im just starting to experiment with some downloads i got along the way recently, so i may have a comment in a few days.
althoug i understand it is different working on pro comercial photo than on experimental art.

photoworks
photoworks  11317 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Jan 2003 - 10:10 AM

i use photoshop 7.

bppowell
bppowell  122119 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jan 2003 - 11:37 AM

I use PhotoShop 7 at work along with Paint Shop Pro. I have used Corel Photopaint v8 and it is just as powerful as PhotoShop but a lot harder to use and magazines tend not to offer advice for it. If you take the trouble to lean it you would be well pleased with the results. Now they are up to version 10 or more.

Barry

pablo perez
12 Jan 2003 - 2:17 AM

but does it actually has more to do with the program itself or the bunch of plugins you can load?
i'm usin irfan view as well and image enhancer.

i have tried by all possible means to get pearls girl,a plugin from the filter factory series,but havent succeded.
as i understand there are many more programs able to do what photoshop does,but using about a half less memory space.

bppowell
bppowell  122119 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2003 - 10:22 AM

I think the main benefit of these programs is they coast about 1 tenth or less than the price of PhotoShop, but if you are in business and can claim back the cost as a legitimate business expense than why not go for the very best.

Barry

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.