Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What software do you use?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

photoworks
photoworks  11317 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Jan 2003 - 12:48 PM

Well, there is a software which is as powerful as photoshop and which has some interesting options. have anyone heard about the gimp.

you can find it here and it is absolutely free :

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Jan 2003 - 12:48 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bppowell
bppowell  122124 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Jan 2003 - 2:22 PM

I think the Gimp is well known and liked by all people who use versions of UNIX.

Barry

photoworks
photoworks  11317 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Jan 2003 - 11:01 PM

Yes Barry, there is also a version for windows and it is still free.

pablo perez
15 Jan 2003 - 7:39 AM

the gimp is about 10 time smaller than photoshop, i believe.irfan view is less than 900 kb and allows all filter factory plugins and flash media.i have been in touch with harald heim and compatibility is one of the toughest points nowadays regardind adobes new policies.
photoshop is great,no doubt about it,but if you can have more memory available,all filters just work best.L view pro accepts photoshop non compatible plugins as well.

IanD
IanD  11148 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Feb 2003 - 5:39 PM

I use Photoshop Elements myself. I try to run through bits in a book I bought but I think some online tutorials specifically for the different range of packages would be ideal. Perhaps you could set up something in your sites so that people could share their wisdom and give us with "L" plates some good tips and hints.

photomaster
2 Mar 2003 - 12:21 AM

I see a mention of Corel Photopaint over a year ago on this forum.

I have used Photopaint for many many years for my image manipulation and it does everything that I want to do.

Version 7 Select edition is available for under 10.

I have photoshop but found it too unwieldy after the simpler interface with photopaint. I also had great difficulty in finding how to do some things which were very easy in photopaint

PeterL
PeterL  1126 forum posts
3 Mar 2003 - 11:01 AM

Is anyone using or has tried Microsoft Picture It! The latest version is called Digital Image Pro 2003 (or v7). I've heard some good comments, but unlike other photo software you cannot download and try it out for 30 days.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.