Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What software do you use?

photoworks 12 317 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2003 12:48PM
Well, there is a software which is as powerful as photoshop and which has some interesting options. have anyone heard about the gimp.

you can find it here and it is absolutely free :

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bppowell 13 2.1k 2 England
12 Jan 2003 2:22PM
I think the Gimp is well known and liked by all people who use versions of UNIX.

Barry
photoworks 12 317 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2003 11:01PM
Yes Barry, there is also a version for windows and it is still free.
pablo perez 12 67
15 Jan 2003 7:39AM
the gimp is about 10 time smaller than photoshop, i believe.irfan view is less than 900 kb and allows all filter factory plugins and flash media.i have been in touch with harald heim and compatibility is one of the toughest points nowadays regardind adobes new policies.
photoshop is great,no doubt about it,but if you can have more memory available,all filters just work best.L view pro accepts photoshop non compatible plugins as well.
IanD 11 148 United Kingdom
3 Feb 2003 5:39PM
I use Photoshop Elements myself. I try to run through bits in a book I bought but I think some online tutorials specifically for the different range of packages would be ideal. Perhaps you could set up something in your sites so that people could share their wisdom and give us with "L" plates some good tips and hints.
2 Mar 2003 12:21AM
I see a mention of Corel Photopaint over a year ago on this forum.

I have used Photopaint for many many years for my image manipulation and it does everything that I want to do.

Version 7 Select edition is available for under 10.

I have photoshop but found it too unwieldy after the simpler interface with photopaint. I also had great difficulty in finding how to do some things which were very easy in photopaint
PeterL 11 26
3 Mar 2003 11:01AM
Is anyone using or has tried Microsoft Picture It! The latest version is called Digital Image Pro 2003 (or v7). I've heard some good comments, but unlike other photo software you cannot download and try it out for 30 days.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.