Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What tablet please? Apple I pad mini 16gb, or Google nexus 10?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    LouiseTopp
    15 Nov 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hi I would like atabletfor I Player, U Tube and Spotify or Last Fm. Facebook games: e.g. bookworm, bubble witch, tetras, scrabble etc. Also want to read emails and surf the net.

Do you think the Apple I padminiis better then the Google Nexus 10 please? I have been told that if I put a Avastvirus guardon the Nexus, then it could slow it down?

Many thanks and hope you can help me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Nov 2013 - 10:13 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
    15 Nov 2013 - 11:47 AM

apple is fine if you like to be locked into having to use itunes imessage etc and have friends with apple products. android is wide open do what you like very little restraints. The nexus 10 is a great device.

derekhansen
    derekhansen e2 Member 5169 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom19 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2013 - 12:32 PM

I cant give you a comparison but I have the Nexus 7 and its superb as far as I am concerned. Does everything I want.

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45766 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2013 - 12:44 PM

I would not be too bothered about size of the screen - I am happy using the 7" tablet for surfing (including EPZ and email) as I am using the 10"
    I bought Samsung because I refuse to buy into the Apple approach of telling you what programs you will use and how you will use it (I also think it is horrendously overpriced for what it is), but I would happily have bought Apple if the Samsung if did not do what I wanted.

cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2013 - 1:12 PM

Nexus, Samsung, Asus are by far the better options, Period!

LouiseTopp
    16 Nov 2013 - 9:47 AM

Thanks for your replies. I don't use Itunes, I would love the Google nexus ten but at the moment its about 286.99 on Amazon, do you know where else I culd get it please?

I wandered into Maplins and saw a 10.1" quad core tablet at 169.99. The only downside is that the battery is not as long as the Apple or the Nexus. I think its only 8hrs, as the Nexus is 9hrs. Have provided link below.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/prestigio-10.1inch-wifi-quad-core-android-tablet-black-8...

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92967 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    16 Nov 2013 - 11:34 AM

Battery life quoted by many are often overstated plus it depends on its use of course.
    My original Kindle e reader died that took me by surprise. The Kindle HDX 7 attracted my attention as it is hailed as a respectable e reader with a good screen.

PC World are offering it at 199 that has a cashback of 20 for a limited period.
    I took the plunge and await its delivery I shall have to see if the hail of adverts that Amazon throw at you when switched on can be tolerated. You can have them removed for a small charge.

dcash29
    dcash29  81870 forum posts England
    16 Nov 2013 - 12:34 PM

Maybe a thought to wait for either the Asus memo Pad 8 or 10. Similar spec to the Asus memo pad hd7.

Released last month they are now filtering into the market place 199

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.