Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What tablet please? Apple I pad mini 16gb, or Google nexus 10?

LouiseTopp 4 533 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2013 10:13AM
Hi I would like atabletfor I Player, U Tube and Spotify or Last Fm. Facebook games: e.g. bookworm, bubble witch, tetras, scrabble etc. Also want to read emails and surf the net.

Do you think the Apple I padminiis better then the Google Nexus 10 please? I have been told that if I put a Avastvirus guardon the Nexus, then it could slow it down?

Many thanks and hope you can help me.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

15 Nov 2013 11:47AM
apple is fine if you like to be locked into having to use itunes imessage etc and have friends with apple products. android is wide open do what you like very little restraints. The nexus 10 is a great device.
derekhansen Plus
6 200 24 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2013 12:32PM
I cant give you a comparison but I have the Nexus 7 and its superb as far as I am concerned. Does everything I want.
mikehit Plus
5 7.3k 11 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2013 12:44PM
I would not be too bothered about size of the screen - I am happy using the 7" tablet for surfing (including EPZ and email) as I am using the 10"
I bought Samsung because I refuse to buy into the Apple approach of telling you what programs you will use and how you will use it (I also think it is horrendously overpriced for what it is), but I would happily have bought Apple if the Samsung if did not do what I wanted.
cameracat 11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
15 Nov 2013 1:12PM
Nexus, Samsung, Asus are by far the better options, Period!
LouiseTopp 4 533 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2013 9:47AM
Thanks for your replies. I don't use Itunes, I would love the Google nexus ten but at the moment its about 286.99 on Amazon, do you know where else I culd get it please?

I wandered into Maplins and saw a 10.1" quad core tablet at 169.99. The only downside is that the battery is not as long as the Apple or the Nexus. I think its only 8hrs, as the Nexus is 9hrs. Have provided link below.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/prestigio-10.1inch-wifi-quad-core-android-tablet-black-815853
KenTaylor Plus
10 3.0k 2 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2013 11:34AM
Battery life quoted by many are often overstated plus it depends on its use of course.
My original Kindle e reader died that took me by surprise. The Kindle HDX 7 attracted my attention as it is hailed as a respectable e reader with a good screen.

PC World are offering it at 199 that has a cashback of 20 for a limited period.
I took the plunge and await its delivery I shall have to see if the hail of adverts that Amazon throw at you when switched on can be tolerated. You can have them removed for a small charge.
dcash29 9 2.0k England
16 Nov 2013 12:34PM
Maybe a thought to wait for either the Asus memo Pad 8 or 10. Similar spec to the Asus memo pad hd7.

Released last month they are now filtering into the market place 199

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.