Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

What to choose? Need an advice.

lobar e2
3 2
20 Apr 2012 1:06PM
I recently bought a new printer and used several cartridges, though have printed not so much photos. I just want not to waste my money on this.
I googled and found a

CISS: http://youtu.be/lY7I8kb_d7U
There is too much controversial info abt it. I doubt whether to buy it.
Can you recommend me something?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
20 Apr 2012 1:08PM
The price of sending photos to be printed out by labs is so cheap and good quality nowadays, I have never bothered doing printing myself. Well, that's how I feel anyway.
Check out Pro-am and Simlab.
darranl e2
5 318 England
20 Apr 2012 1:10PM
What printer is it?

One thing you are guaranteed on a thread like this is a mixture of responses ranging from I wouldn't use anything except the inks from the manufacturer through to I use product X instead and it works well and then maybe include a few horror stories where things didn't work as well.

Personally I took the decision that if only use two boxes of third party inks before the printer packs up I will have saved enough to cover the cost of a replacement printer so have broken even, getting through more ink than that will be a bonus.
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
24 Sep 2012 9:29AM

Quote:I would choose the need because need is important for every men and women, As water is the need of every person, So need is one of thing that is not fulfill, Need continuously increase day by day....

? Don't get your drift.
Focus_Man 4 481 631 United Kingdom
24 Sep 2012 9:34AM
I prefer HP printers. Over the years I have only tried printers from 2 manufacturers. Epsom seen noisy and fragile but any cartridges seem to work whether manufacturer's own or proprietory manufactutrers.

HP. because of the circuitry built in to the cartridge, only report on cartridge status with their own brand in use and I have found that for the same reason, they don't operate as effectively with proprietory brands.

I also get bothered about longevity of inks when exposed constantly to daylight and/or artificial light, ie when hung on a wall as a display. I found discolouration with the proprietory brands but not with HP's own.
thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
24 Sep 2012 10:26AM

Quote:HP. because of the circuitry built in to the cartridge, only report on cartridge status with their own brand in use and I have found that for the same reason, they don't operate as effectively with proprietory brands.

I also get bothered about longevity of inks when exposed constantly to daylight and/or artificial light, ie when hung on a wall as a display. I found discolouration with the proprietory brands but not with HP's own.

We use HP printers, with CISS, for our office. The current printer has guzzled about 2 litres if ink so far and this would have cost a fortune had we bought cartridges. I was advised to use the CISS from the start because there'll be fewer blockages.

The wide format is also an HP and is so frugal with ink that there's little point in using anything but HP cartridges. Our old Epson 7800 put more ink into the maintenance tank than onto the paper. I used to weigh the maintenance tanks before disposal and each cost about GBP300 to buy and fill!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.