Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What Tutorials Would You Like Mike Browne To Write For ePHOTOzine?

nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
26 Jan 2012 9:16AM
Hello,

For a while now Mike Browne from PhotographyCourses.Biz has contributed to ePHOTOzine, writing a series of tutorials to help beginners out. Another piece will be live in the morning and Mike will be continuing to add tutorials, bi-weekly, to the site.

However, as you are the people who are reading them Mike and ePz thought we'd ask you if there are any topics you want covering or questions you want answering? If there are, post your comments here and we can pass them on to Mike who can then make the tutorials more tailored to your needs.

Thanks!

Nik.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
26 Jan 2012 9:25AM
Not sure, but having watched some of them I do like his presentational style with some useful tips of things I have forgotten or a new approach to techniques for digital cameras over film cameras. Smile
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
26 Jan 2012 9:28AM
I'm glad you're finding them useful Jeff.

Nik.
Big Bri 13 15.7k United Kingdom
26 Jan 2012 12:43PM
Where are the existing tutorials ? I've never seen them.
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
26 Jan 2012 12:53PM
26 Jan 2012 1:43PM
How to sell a photo and get paid before I die? Currently that's 40years away on average.
I need a tutorial on how to take a cracking self portrait!
26 Jan 2012 10:34PM
How about a total beginners guide to lighting? I find this really confusing. Also, as most of us are on a budget, how about how to use lights that may be readily available around the house or cheaply at DIY stores. For example, I can't remember where I saw it, but recently I read about using a straightforward anglepoise lamp and a sheet of white card to bounce light onto a still life.

Also, how about a glossary section for terms such as 'soft box' etc.

Thanks for taking the time to ask
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
17 Feb 2012 2:02PM
Hello,

Just thought you'd like to see Mike's new tutorial: Beginner's Guide to Light Part One

More lighting tips will be coming bi-weekly and we are still open to any suggestions for tutorials.

Cheers,

Nik.
3 Mar 2012 2:20AM
Hi,
First post to the forum, so please don't shoot me for saying this, but how about an article or two on Bridge Cameras VS DSLR's like the Canon's and so on, I for one would love to read his thought on how to over come some of the large F#'s for instance, the reason behind me saying this is, in his first Beginner's Guide, the one with the car, he was using a Nikon, sorry can't remember which one, but that is a very expensive camera for a beginner, I myself have a Fujifilm Finepix S1600.

Thanks for reading and at least thinking about it.

Hugh
nik111 e2
6 2.1k United Kingdom
10 May 2012 9:20AM
Hi Guys,

Thank you for your suggestions. I'll pass them on to Mike.

His latest article on photographing children went live this week and you can find it here: Beginner's Guide On Photographing Children

Thanks,

Nikita.
Smithy 2 7
17 Jul 2012 7:07PM
I'll have a look through them give my thanks to mike please, it's nice that he uses his time and effort towards helping us new people.
Divya 3 6 United States
26 Aug 2012 4:06PM
Hello

I just started learning photography. I would like to know about composition. How to compose a photo? What to include in a photo ?

Thanks

Divya
31 Oct 2012 9:06AM
I'd really like a simple, beginners guide to starting macro photography. I've read this: http://www.ephotozine.com/article/close-encounters---macro-photography-explained-4630 , but to be honest, there's just too many options there. Bellows, filters, etc etc. What I'd like is to a simple guide with straightforward recommendation for which type of (highly affordable!) lens/accessories to purchase as the easiest and cheapest way for beginners to break into macro photography, a kind of minimum gear requirement, and some tips of what to look out for with some sample shots taken with the recommended gear so that us beginners can know what to work towards (not sample shots taken with thousand dollar lenses and cameras!!!).

I did read the article about using magnifying glasses taped to your lens, which sounded interesting and worth trying, but I'm not convinced its a workable everyday solution!
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
31 Oct 2012 9:48AM
Is Mike still doing these tutorial uploads as I do not recall seeing any new ones recently ?

Admittedly I may have missed them Sad
Mozzytheboy e2
4 701 3 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2012 5:02PM
I'd just like to say thank you Mike very much indeed Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.