Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What Tutorials Would You Like Mike Browne To Write For ePHOTOzine?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
firebushbaby
31 Dec 2012 - 3:38 PM

I would appreciate articles on Reportage and Street Photography, how to take photos of dancers, fireworks and sunsets.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Dec 2012 - 3:38 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

alistairfarrugia
alistairfarrugia Critique Team 2164 forum posts Malta88 Constructive Critique Points
8 Jan 2013 - 2:26 PM

Quote: I'd really like a simple, beginners guide to starting macro photography. I've read this: http://www.ephotozine.com/article/close-encounters---macro-photography-explained... , but to be honest, there's just too many options there. Bellows, filters, etc etc. What I'd like is to a simple guide with straightforward recommendation for which type of (highly affordable!) lens/accessories to purchase as the easiest and cheapest way for beginners to break into macro photography, a kind of minimum gear requirement, and some tips of what to look out for with some sample shots taken with the recommended gear so that us beginners can know what to work towards (not sample shots taken with thousand dollar lenses and cameras!!!).

I did read the article about using magnifying glasses taped to your lens, which sounded interesting and worth trying, but I'm not convinced its a workable everyday solution!

I just orderd close-up filters made by polaroid that do the same function as a magnifying glass attached to the lens, if I understood correctly. I'll be using them as soon as I receive them. They were quite cheap, not more than 20 incl. shipping, so it's a very good way to break into macro photography without busting the bank. If you have a kit lens that can do some OK close-ups, with such filters one should technically get closer to 1:1 reproduction. Image Quality will likely be very far off the dedicated macro lenses, but hey, we don't all have 800 plus to spend all the time, and 20 seems very reasonable. I think you should consider that!

seadog101
seadog101  2 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'd like to be able to get good pictures of my daughters band playing at their gigs.

I use a true beginners DSLR, Nikon D3100, but find that the kit lens (18-55mm) struggles with the low light and no flash.

businessinfo
24 Jul 2013 - 12:48 PM

nice suggetions. thanks for providing valuable information....

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.