Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What type of frame fixing is this? And how do I fix it to the wall?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    jetable
    jetable  5
    9 Dec 2012 - 2:19 PM

Hi.

I have a frame with the following image but I don't know what king of screw I need to attach it to the wall or if a second part is required.

Any help please?

Thanks.1.jpg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Dec 2012 - 2:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 2:24 PM

All you need is to put a normal picture hook on the wall and it will slot into the middle part of that fixing on the frame.

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82283 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom123 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 2:26 PM

I'm not 100%, but when I have seen these before I always fix a suitable size screw (judged in part for the type of wall and size & weight of the frame) to until perhaps the head and approx 5mm is left out the wall, and then slotted the fixing over the head of the screw The serrated section should I think rest on the 5mm of the screws length with the head of the screw nearly covered by the raised section.

Me thinks I could have perhaps described this more clearly!

A.

Irish_Rover
    Irish_Rover e2 Member 1Irish_Rover vcard United Kingdom
    9 Dec 2012 - 2:59 PM

Having only joined this community moments ago I feel almost presumptious in leaving a comment so soon, but I cannot resist saying, don't use too big (fat) a screw. Then the picture can be moved sideways from serration to serration in order to level it. Most people underrate the shear strength of the ordinary wood screwTongue

I recently retired from 33 years 126 days of hanging other peoples picturesSmile Actually looking back even that was not that recent.

Geoff

jetable
    jetable  5
    9 Dec 2012 - 3:28 PM

Quote: All you need is to put a normal picture hook on the wall and it will slot into the middle part of that fixing on the frame.

"picture hook"... I have no idea why that didn't come into my head in the first place! Seems the most logical option, and a simple nail won't make to much of a problem if removed from the wall.

Thanks all!

whipspeed
    whipspeed e2 Member 104039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2012 - 3:41 PM

It works ok and is strong enough. I've got one that's been hanging for over a year. Depending on the size of the image go for one with 2 nails if it's heavy.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.