Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What was the first

Ever photograph uploaded on ephotozine???

just for fun really!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
15 Mar 2006 9:11PM
ah but is it tho??
i was more expecting an moderator or petes photo the first
but you might be right
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
15 Mar 2006 9:45PM
Ah, I think I know what you're talking about now - the hidden pictures of ePz. Pictures so old, rare and valuable Pete doesn't allow them in the public gallery.

Such pictures include:

'The Creation of ePz' - Michelangelo
'Le Bargh aux Folies-Bergre' - Manet
'Portrait of a SuziBlue' - Gainsborough
'The Crucifixion of Saint Henson' - Caravaggio (one of my personal favourites)

You need to be e2 to see them though...

;o)
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
15 Mar 2006 9:49PM
LOL,Excellent Smile
Miles Herbert e2
12 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
15 Mar 2006 9:59PM
Lol@Boyd... very good for this time of day.
SuziBlue e2
12 16.2k 10 Scotland
15 Mar 2006 10:18PM
'Le Bargh aux Folies-Bergre' is an exceptional piece of work. If you do get a chance to see it, have a look at the masterful way in which the artist reveals the subtle changes in light around the face with a few simple brushstrokes. I think you'll agree that the pretty pink tulle frill around the model's head (just look at that bow! divine!) brings out the essentially quintessential chiaroscuro in way that simple pen and ink never would. It has been said, and not a lot of people know this, that the model specifically chose the spangled tights in order to enhance his calf structure. I think you'll agree the artist has pulled them off remarkably well.

8-]
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
15 Mar 2006 10:27PM
lol
Actually this was the first other than a few test shots I uploaded to get the gallery going. It's by Barry Beckham's wife Carol. Barry used to write for me on Digital Photo and now has a successful business selling CD tutorials and lecturing on Photoshop.
jimbo_t e2
11 959 England
16 Mar 2006 1:11AM
When you go through the gallery from the start, the earliest upload by a still active member is one from Mike Neale AKA Neeley.
So well done that man!
Jim
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
16 Mar 2006 9:10AM
How did you find that out Jim?

I'm also getting different results for the first picture in the gallery. Are some being lost?
User_Removed 9 4.9k England
16 Mar 2006 9:31AM
The first 4-5 are all Pete's, the first being his fisheye balloon pic on this page
Duh!! The page keeps updating..... just click End ( in blue0 at the bottom until it disappears, to get to the first pic
jimbo_t e2
11 959 England
16 Mar 2006 9:34AM
All I did was go to the reader gallery and press the "end" link. Then just checked the activity of the menbers until I worked back to Neeley.
Just seemed logical.
Jim
Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
16 Mar 2006 9:39AM

Quote:Just seemed logical.
Jim

You're not Vulcan by any chance?
;o)

I still can't work it out. Every time I go to the 'End' the picture on the bottom right hand corner i.e. the last is different...and younger than my previous last picture search.
jimbo_t e2
11 959 England
16 Mar 2006 9:47AM
I thought that as soon as I hit the add reply button! The more pressing question is are you a Klingon!!! Wink
Jim
jimbo_t e2
11 959 England
16 Mar 2006 9:49AM
This is turning into quite a mystery!
Maybe we now have a one in one out policy!
Jim

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.