Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

What was your photographic highlight of 2010

Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
31 Dec 2010 2:08PM
What did you do in 2010 that was really special in your photography world? Eg get a pic published, take a shot from the top of a mountain, captured a celeb on film, manage to master a specific subject, sell your first pic etc etc

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

photophantom 6 108 3 Philippines
31 Dec 2010 2:28PM
pic published in our locally known photography magazine, pic sold as 12x 12 laminated print in RedBubble.com, pic included in daily dozen winner of d nat'l. geographic magazine website last Aug, my first EPZ EC pic (franken fruit), pic (franken fruit) published in our locally known photography school and website almost a month long til present, main photographer in wedding events and other occasions, offered to become a basic photo enhancement instructor in a basic photography workshop to be materialize next month in the will of God. Forever thankful to my two EPZ friends from UK for my Nikon DSLR and Tamron lens. Thanks to EPZ website and team. Thanks to all of my EPZ mentors and friends. Happy New Year!!!
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
31 Dec 2010 2:29PM
Finding out I need to select the 'Perceptual' setting instead of the 'Relative Colorimetric' setting from the drop-down in the Print window of CS4 to really nail the printed image when using Permajet paper. Subtle but 'Oh-So-THERE'!! Grin
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
31 Dec 2010 2:33PM
I never had a shortage of my pictures printed in newspapers, but I guess the highlight for me was having my first lensbaby picture published, it left me almost 600 out of pocket Sad
ade_mcfade e2
10 15.1k 216 England
31 Dec 2010 2:36PM
Became a professional photographer was probably the highlight
andy_AHG 5 106 6 United Kingdom
31 Dec 2010 2:37PM
The main highlights for me were...

Back in January, a spectacularly frosty/misty sunrise on Higger Tor, with a few other stunning sunrises throughout the year.

A solo exhibition in Wakefield.

Having a number of images published in the 'Simply Saddleworth' photobook.

Getting my first EPZ EC.

Topping off the year with an image used in an ad for Visit the Peak District in the Xmas edition of the Radio Times.

Thanks to everyone at EPZ for your continued support and best wishes for the New Year.
csurry 12 9.2k 92
31 Dec 2010 2:45PM
Seeing and photographing a wild wolf and experiencing some small part of what Finnish nature has to offer.
digipix76 7 577 England
31 Dec 2010 2:58PM
For me being chosen for publication in the lensbaby book "Bending Your Perspective" by Corey Hilz.
digipix76 7 577 England
31 Dec 2010 3:06PM

Quote:and experiencing some small part of what Finnish nature has to offer.
What was his name Cheryl Tongue...Sorry couldn't resist Sad
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
31 Dec 2010 3:08PM
In 2010 we opened our first combined shop and studio, something I've wanted to do for a long time.

We've spent 4 months redeveloping the place, decorating and so on and our new website is now live. I just need to get on and get some model shots on the website, but that'll be after our first wedding of the year on Jan 8th 2011...

All the best to all at Epz and all of you on the forums for 2011.

Andy.
31 Dec 2010 3:20PM
Selling a fair few of my HDR interiors ..... it's one thing getting clicks and the odd HC/EC but quite another when someone is prepared to part with hard cash.
brian1208 e2
11 10.6k 12 United Kingdom
31 Dec 2010 3:29PM
Created my first really large panoramic (it would have been 7ft 6inches long but I had to split it into two 39 inch sections to be able to get it framed and hung in the gallery).

Then selling four sets of the pair during the first exhibition I hung it in (including having two couples arguing over who saw it first on the first day of the exhibition!) It will probaby never happen again but a good feeling while it lasted Smile

I'm now trying to find someone with the money and space to produce it as a 15ft continuous pano - which I think is how it will really look its best
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
31 Dec 2010 3:36PM
...got a 1st. and a 3rd. in a competition at my local camera club.
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
31 Dec 2010 3:40PM
I believe, but is perhaps open to debate by others, that I am beginning to understand how to process my RAW files with software such as Lightroom and am seeing a slight improvement in my uploads to epz.

Subject wise, the highlight was my dahlia shots from Hever Castle, everything just seemed to work that day with perfect conditions and I even had a few women stop and chat to me about flowers, photography and other subjects I may like to photograph.
JohnParminter 7 1.3k 14 England
31 Dec 2010 3:53PM
A couple of life enriching experiences whilst out with the camera this year:

A particularly hard ridge day in blizzard on Ben Cruachan.

A wild camp on An Teallach with both sunset and sunrise shots.

An early start up Ben Nevis in a gale to witness a stunning summit sunrise.

A wild camp at Loch Coruisk in the heart of the Cuillin.

An exceptional winter weekend high in the Glen Coe mountains.

Liathach in superb winter conditions.

.... a few more but would hate to bore you all...........Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.