Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What was your photographic highlight of 2010

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 2:08 PM

What did you do in 2010 that was really special in your photography world? Eg get a pic published, take a shot from the top of a mountain, captured a celeb on film, manage to master a specific subject, sell your first pic etc etc

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Dec 2010 - 2:08 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

photophantom
31 Dec 2010 - 2:28 PM

pic published in our locally known photography magazine, pic sold as 12x 12 laminated print in RedBubble.com, pic included in daily dozen winner of d nat'l. geographic magazine website last Aug, my first EPZ EC pic (franken fruit), pic (franken fruit) published in our locally known photography school and website almost a month long til present, main photographer in wedding events and other occasions, offered to become a basic photo enhancement instructor in a basic photography workshop to be materialize next month in the will of God. Forever thankful to my two EPZ friends from UK for my Nikon DSLR and Tamron lens. Thanks to EPZ website and team. Thanks to all of my EPZ mentors and friends. Happy New Year!!!

Last Modified By photophantom at 31 Dec 2010 - 2:33 PM
User_Removed
31 Dec 2010 - 2:29 PM

Finding out I need to select the 'Perceptual' setting instead of the 'Relative Colorimetric' setting from the drop-down in the Print window of CS4 to really nail the printed image when using Permajet paper. Subtle but 'Oh-So-THERE'!! Grin

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315208 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 2:33 PM

I never had a shortage of my pictures printed in newspapers, but I guess the highlight for me was having my first lensbaby picture published, it left me almost 600 out of pocket Sad

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014794 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 2:36 PM

Became a professional photographer was probably the highlight

andy_AHG
andy_AHG  5106 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 2:37 PM

The main highlights for me were...

Back in January, a spectacularly frosty/misty sunrise on Higger Tor, with a few other stunning sunrises throughout the year.

A solo exhibition in Wakefield.

Having a number of images published in the 'Simply Saddleworth' photobook.

Getting my first EPZ EC.

Topping off the year with an image used in an ad for Visit the Peak District in the Xmas edition of the Radio Times.

Thanks to everyone at EPZ for your continued support and best wishes for the New Year.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 2:45 PM

Seeing and photographing a wild wolf and experiencing some small part of what Finnish nature has to offer.

Last Modified By csurry at 31 Dec 2010 - 2:46 PM
digipix76
digipix76  7577 forum posts England
31 Dec 2010 - 2:58 PM

For me being chosen for publication in the lensbaby book "Bending Your Perspective" by Corey Hilz.

digipix76
digipix76  7577 forum posts England
31 Dec 2010 - 3:06 PM

Quote: and experiencing some small part of what Finnish nature has to offer.

What was his name Cheryl Tongue...Sorry couldn't resist Sad

scottishphototours

In 2010 we opened our first combined shop and studio, something I've wanted to do for a long time.

We've spent 4 months redeveloping the place, decorating and so on and our new website is now live. I just need to get on and get some model shots on the website, but that'll be after our first wedding of the year on Jan 8th 2011...

All the best to all at Epz and all of you on the forums for 2011.

Andy.

DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 3:20 PM

Selling a fair few of my HDR interiors ..... it's one thing getting clicks and the odd HC/EC but quite another when someone is prepared to part with hard cash.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110239 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 3:29 PM

Created my first really large panoramic (it would have been 7ft 6inches long but I had to split it into two 39 inch sections to be able to get it framed and hung in the gallery).

Then selling four sets of the pair during the first exhibition I hung it in (including having two couples arguing over who saw it first on the first day of the exhibition!) It will probaby never happen again but a good feeling while it lasted Smile

I'm now trying to find someone with the money and space to produce it as a 15ft continuous pano - which I think is how it will really look its best

Last Modified By brian1208 at 31 Dec 2010 - 3:30 PM
MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93493 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
31 Dec 2010 - 3:36 PM

...got a 1st. and a 3rd. in a competition at my local camera club.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 3:40 PM

I believe, but is perhaps open to debate by others, that I am beginning to understand how to process my RAW files with software such as Lightroom and am seeing a slight improvement in my uploads to epz.

Subject wise, the highlight was my dahlia shots from Hever Castle, everything just seemed to work that day with perfect conditions and I even had a few women stop and chat to me about flowers, photography and other subjects I may like to photograph.

JohnParminter
31 Dec 2010 - 3:53 PM

A couple of life enriching experiences whilst out with the camera this year:

A particularly hard ridge day in blizzard on Ben Cruachan.

A wild camp on An Teallach with both sunset and sunrise shots.

An early start up Ben Nevis in a gale to witness a stunning summit sunrise.

A wild camp at Loch Coruisk in the heart of the Cuillin.

An exceptional winter weekend high in the Glen Coe mountains.

Liathach in superb winter conditions.

.... a few more but would hate to bore you all...........Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.