Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What was your photographic highlight of 2010

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Sezz
Sezz e2 Member 9617 forum postsSezz vcard England15 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 4:05 PM

My highlights were selling a 30" x 20" print from my website to a gentleman in Canada.

Selling prints from the Classic Car Show at Leeds Castle

Having my image 'Standing Room Only' in a double page spread of this months Kent Life Magazine

Being invited by Dave-RedEyes-Constable to do a strobist shoot with a model at Reculver Towers

A visit to Arundel Castle and a Dawn Shoot at Bodiam with epz friends Smile x

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Dec 2010 - 4:05 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 4:31 PM

I was thinking about this a bit more and realised that I have just finished my first year of learning to shoot portraiture in the studio and how much I have enjoyed learning this totally new (to me) discipline - still a loong way to go before I'm really competent but I'm getting there slowly Smile

All as a result of a friend of mine at the camera club starting up a Studio Group and providing us with the use of his professional kit and tuition - thanks Keith!

Tonyd3
Tonyd3  101009 forum posts United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 4:51 PM

For me becoming a sponsored lecturer for Fotospeed, is a personal milestone that i am very pleased to receive.

Started working with a little known model last January called Raphaella who is now a huge sucess in the UK. (she is the dance model i used at the start of the year and featured in my latest EC today and now used by many on EPZ).

Finally got to photograph Tuscany this year, this has always been one of my ambitions, all i have to do now is process some of them.

Learnt a lot of new processing ideas by playing around in CS5, which i hope to show you all in 2011.

Meet several nice people on Epz this year hope to meet more in 2011.

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 5:50 PM

i had a good year /purple patch starting with Photographer of the year at our local club, a 3 page feature in outdoor photography, a 2 page image in dslr, 2 published in Dslr users battle of the clubs (in which we finished in a very respectable place), a club feature in Derbyshire life mag with 2 published, a finalist in Derbyshire life mags major landscape competition and selectors choice in NEMPF exhibition.
Phil

MediumSizeUnavailable

I finally found my lens cap. Really had given up on the thing, so you can just imagine my delight.

DaveU
DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 5:57 PM

Are you sure it was yours Koen ...... if you found it in Birmingham and it was a 77mm sigma cap then it could well be mine Wink

sitan1
sitan1  6469 forum posts United Kingdom
31 Dec 2010 - 6:42 PM

I was a runner up in Practical Photographys 'still life' round.
I just came 27th in Amatuer photgraphers 'portraits and self portraits round with the picture in this months magazine.
One of my pictures was chosen for Photography Monthlys 'Bookazine'.
One of my pictures was shortlisted for DSLRUSERS 'Tryptych' round', still waiting for the results.
I've just been shorlisted for the 'Powerhouse Museum Photo comp with my picture appearing in a gallery in Australia, don't get the results till April though.
Won an elemental ultra pro studio kit on the last EPZ christmas prize draw.
Went to Stamford Bridge with EPZ and Will Cheung.
Got my foliopic website up and running Smile

A pretty good year for me.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315154 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 6:52 PM

I forgot to add a few bargin finds from charity shops.

Last year my best was probably an Olympus 35SP mint boxed with every ready case for 3.99

This year has not been as good, but I haven`t really been looking, but Last week I got hold of a macro ring flash for 3 and a Nikon f50 for 1, the sticker said spares only(un tested), but all it needed was a new battery Smile

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93489 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
31 Dec 2010 - 7:11 PM

Quote: I forgot to add a few bargin finds from charity shops.

....y'think if I looked, any chance I might find a D7000 ?

PS....s'pose it's too late to delete my highlight...it pales in comparison to you lot :

.....Mike

Gypsyman
Gypsyman e2 Member 3659 forum postsGypsyman vcard England
31 Dec 2010 - 7:56 PM

My Highlight of 2010, was getting a S/hand Digital Compact Camera. Finding the ephotozine Web
Site, entering a few snapshots, and highlight, making a number of friends from the members here.
Eric.

Kris_Dutson
31 Dec 2010 - 8:00 PM

Publishing my book, Atmospheric Dorset in Photographs and Verse. Smile

And having Waterstones stock it.

brian1208
brian1208 e2 Member 1110227 forum postsbrian1208 vcard United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 8:07 PM

If you haven't got it - get one, they are going fast.

I've got a signed first edition (thanks Kris - what a Star! Smile )

keith selmes
31 Dec 2010 - 8:09 PM

A sunny day in early May, I took the MPP to the steamer quay at Totnes.
There were some good views, the light was good, there was room to work quietly with the LF gear.
Very pleasant, and I think 7 out of 8 sheets processed OK, and later I printed cyanotypes from them.
Simply totally relaxing.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 85907 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 9:18 PM

I could easily say, setting up The Coppice Grin, but it was probably standing in Norfolk and having Swallowtails fly around me & nailing a couple of half decent shots.
Also, after several years of trying to see the Green hairstreaks at a local patch, without any luck whatsoever, stumbling across them one Saturday morning Smile

HNY

Adrian

KBan
KBan  9457 forum posts England4 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2010 - 9:25 PM

I had a few publications in various magazines this year, but my highlight was baiting a Kingfisher, setting up a landing perch and watching this beautiful bird fish from just 25 ft. away, something very rare and special that will stay with me forever !

Keith

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.