Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more
Can't Access your Account?
New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!
Being commissioned by BBC Countryfile Magazine (with 2 other Epzers Dave Peck & Kevin Goodchild) to produce a photo feature for them.
Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.
1. Photographing a 4,500 ton accomodation module (BP Valhall) being loaded onto a barge by ALE Heavy Lifting whilst hanging from a crane basket 230ft high and then doing the same when it sailed.
2. Being invited out on one of the tugs that shadowed HMS Dauntless into Great Yarmouth for its first port visit.
3. Being requested to photograph the start up of the last remaining Herring Steam Drifter "Lydia Eva" after a £1million lottery overhaul.
3. Having the opportunity to photography port operations for a large logistics company for the Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival
4. Finally getting the hang of shooting a white studio set up properly
5. Shooting my first wedding
6. The gratitude from people when you hand them a copy of their photographs
7. Numerous published images (AP, LPOTY, Calendars etc).
8. Meeting a bunch of great people (you know who you are).
some of you have had an amazing year, well done all!
You didn't have a bad one Brian.
And you need to thank Pam for the book.
No particular highlights but two pages in Practical Photography was nice. Only one sale this year (I've not bothered much with sales but will in 2011) of this image......
2011 should be a bit more lively if plans come to fruition.....
To put an intentional comical spin on this...
1 falling into the stream from approx 6ft high and bouncing down the rocks at Ashness Bridge in the Lake District
2 going knee deep in very smelly quick mud at the Epping Forest meet this year and having to drive home in just my pants and a t shirt all around the M25
Happy New Year to you all>>>>>>>>>>>
My highlight has to be getting "Commended" and published in Landscape Photographer Of The Year in 2010...
Happy New Year !!
Quote: A couple of life enriching experiences whilst out with the camera this year:
A particularly hard ridge day in blizzard on Ben Cruachan.
A wild camp on An Teallach with both sunset and sunrise shots.
An early start up Ben Nevis in a gale to witness a stunning summit sunrise.
A wild camp at Loch Coruisk in the heart of the Cuillin.
An exceptional winter weekend high in the Glen Coe mountains.
Liathach in superb winter conditions.
.... a few more but would hate to bore you all...........
Any ONE of those would have done me John.
No personal highlights (plenty of lows) but I suppose joining a camera club and getting an image selected for a battle then being told it scored 20 points...ok the judge had a cataract problem but so what lol
Compares to all above, my highlight is probably only dim-light:
1. Started to do a series of conceptual stuff with my mates, which is something I wanted to do for a long time.
2. Finally got up my a*se and building my own website.
3. A full page published in Digital SLR Photography.
4. Won/runner up a couple of times in EPZ comps.
Quote: Finally got up my a*se and building my own website
Highlight of 2011 - made Cheryl laugh on 010111.
Yeap, got a rocket up my.......
Doesnt compare to many on here but peoples response when you show them a photo that means something to them eg. wedding, pet etc. Makes it worth while...
Image used for a book cover, published in April!
For me it was some success in my local Club Competitions and Exhibitions.
My highlight is quite humble to what I have read here but it was taking photos on top of Franz Joseph glazier in New Zealand in November.It was amazing!!
ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.
Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.
You must be a member to leave a comment
Get the latest photography news straight from ePHOTOzine in your email every month and win prizes!
1st August 2014 - 31st August 2014
Check out ePHOTOzine's inspirational photo month calendar! Each day click on a window to unveil new photography tips, treats and techniques.
View August's Photo Month Calendar