Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

What were the top visual clichés for 2012?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

NEWMANP
NEWMANP e2 Member 61583 forum postsNEWMANP vcard United Kingdom574 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2012 - 8:01 PM

Cheers Dave, is 20 odd layers that heavily photoshoped ? Grin at the club comps, there are too many blurred racing squirrels and waterfalls for my liking

Hobbo, that bloody tree - has gone as far as i am aware so there will probably be less next year.

too many landscapes with no real light on epz

Phil

Last Modified By NEWMANP at 31 Dec 2012 - 8:01 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
31 Dec 2012 - 8:01 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 54169 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2012 - 8:09 PM

Some of the captions could be a bit more imaginative too. Getting a bit tired of "Who're you lookin' at?!". Grin

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314811 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2012 - 8:12 PM

Its a bit like the mags, what evers in season Smile

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43557 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway23 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2012 - 8:13 PM

Quote: Wot Jools said Wink
The year of the seascape
What do you predict for next year then?

Unfortunately:

The year of the seascape

Hali
Hali  344 forum posts Scotland
31 Dec 2012 - 8:35 PM

Quote: Less captive birds and animals masquerading as 'wildlife/nature'. Might as well take photos of sheep and chickens!

I like taking photos of sheepTongue: :lol:

comma
comma  697 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2012 - 8:44 PM

I think 2013 will be big for composites with people who are positioned like half-giants floating in mid-air.

comma
comma  697 forum posts United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2012 - 9:01 PM

i am also intending to buy the new Lee Mega Stopper (1000 stop ND), so I can take seascapes where the water completely disappears and I get to do star trails in a oner. By combining three exposures, I get to witness the next stage of evolution and perhaps the end of the world.

Paintman
Paintman e2 Member 7824 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom172 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2012 - 9:13 PM

Quote: Hobbo, that bloody tree - has gone as far as i am aware so there will probably be less next year.

There is anotherSmileSmile

User_Removed
31 Dec 2012 - 9:47 PM

Quote: I am starting to get a bit weary of HDR, mostly when that is all an image is about.

If HDR is well done for the best reasons, it should not be possible to tell that it has been used. Think of HDR as an essential technique in certain circumstances, rather than as a "style".

User_Removed
31 Dec 2012 - 9:52 PM

....actually, I was not really aware of any new clichés in 2012. Many of the old ones were still in evidence but some of them were happily seen less often:

e.g

* Grotesque distortion of foreground perspective in landscapes by using ultra w/a lenses

* Milky waterfalls and beach scenes by overuse of ND filters

* Oversaturated and over-sharpened images.

* Pasting in full moons in locations that are astronomically impossible

Of course, all of those techniques, if done in moderation in appropriate circumstances, can produce good images. It is only when they get used as clichés for clichés sake that they get overbearing.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 31 Dec 2012 - 9:53 PM
StrayCat
StrayCat  1014407 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
31 Dec 2012 - 10:02 PM

Just as I was adjusting to taking photos of animals in cages.Tongue

Still haven't gotten round to doing my first HDR, but when I do, watch out; there'll be no stopping me.Wink

People's attempts at recreating Steve McCurry's (I think that's his name) iconic image of the Afghan girl. It's getting soooo boring.

Next year for me will be lots and lots of butterfly images, animals in cages, plants from around the world in a conservatory, captive penguins, unsuspecting pretty girls, and a tonne of macro images, I hope.

Cheers Paul, hope you and Magda are well, and good shooting in 2013.

Denny

PS: Coming in 2013...lots of photos of dinosaurs.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 31 Dec 2012 - 10:06 PM
redsnappa
redsnappa  111897 forum posts United Kingdom
31 Dec 2012 - 10:59 PM

I agree with rev2, what is the point of taking a photo of a tame bird of prey?

User_Removed
31 Dec 2012 - 11:54 PM

Robins. HDR. HDR robins.

Tooth
Tooth  95772 forum posts Ireland227 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jan 2013 - 1:03 AM

Quote: i am also intending to buy the new Lee Mega Stopper (1000 stop ND), so I can take seascapes where the water completely disappears and I get to do star trails in a oner. By combining three exposures, I get to witness the next stage of evolution and perhaps the end of the world

well, I'm getting the Lee Hypermegastopper.. (100,000 stop ND)

I'm going to use it to show the majesty of the ever-changing landscape by taking a year long shot which blends all four seasons together into one blurry average for the year, which looks a bit strange and ethereal but makes you wonder what the point is

Wink Smile Tongue

HNY y'all

eddwillis
eddwillis  2
1 Jan 2013 - 8:03 AM

Good news then Hobbo that tree blew down in May

eddwillis

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.