Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Whats wrong with this image

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
allactphoto
11 Sep 2012 - 10:09 PM

a-014.jpgTook two, and photographer missed it, we ask our photographers take two shots only. We only have 10 minutes or less to photograph team, and individuals. Thats youth sports photography, schedule is more important than quality to the customer.
It happens, here is the original.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Sep 2012 - 10:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jestertheclown
11 Sep 2012 - 10:19 PM

Seems a strange way to run a business, putting convenience before the customer but I suppose that it happens.

In the case of this shot, now that I've seen the original, I'm inclined to think that I'd have left it alone.

Just my opinion, of course.

Bren.

MikeRC
MikeRC e2 Member 93493 forum postsMikeRC vcard United Kingdom
11 Sep 2012 - 11:14 PM

If they have this many kids will they even notice anything amiss ?
....even if there is even one more or less child. Tongue

Quote: I'm inclined to think that I'd have left it alone.

.....me too.

Last Modified By MikeRC at 11 Sep 2012 - 11:16 PM
allactphoto
11 Sep 2012 - 11:29 PM

I will offer the reshoot, This is the league presidents team, he will notice

User_Removed
12 Sep 2012 - 10:27 AM

Quote: Wow! Only one person got it! There is only one alteration, they are not pasted together. (its the boy on the right , front row. Its his arm, in the original hes grabing his crotch)

Would have been worse if he'd been grabbing someone else's. Wink

As an amateur snap it is fine. Don't worry about the wee bit of manipulation. If the parents had wanted a professionally produced photograph they would have hired a professional. What you are giving them is an nice record shot that they will be pleased with.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 12 Sep 2012 - 10:28 AM
Jestertheclown
12 Sep 2012 - 10:54 AM

Quote: Would have been worse if he'd been grabbing someone else's. Wink

Many years ago, when I was in senior school, we were all positioned for the annual all-school photo. It was always a real old fashioned thing with all of the children in lines kneeling sitting and standing, I'm sure you know the kind of thing.
My mate and I were placed in a row, seated, bolt upright with our hands on our knees. Except that we had our hands on each others' knees.
The shot was duly taken and sold to all the parents and it was three years later that I was summoned to the head's office to explain what we were up to!

gingerdelight
12 Sep 2012 - 1:05 PM

My opinion, for what it's worth, give them the original shot - nothing wrong with where the little boy's hand is, it's not even noticeable, however it IS noticeable that something is amiss with the arm in the edited image. It's a cute, group photo that I am sure the parents will like very much!

Just as an aside, if you were going to edit anything I would have been inclined to crop it in slightly, losing a bit of the grass at the front especially.

Carol

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2012 - 1:18 PM

Parents won't notice...they will see their boy and it will deliver a happy memory. The original doesn't look too much of a problem to me.

Last Modified By Pete at 12 Sep 2012 - 1:21 PM
Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139395 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2012 - 1:30 PM

Quote: I'm inclined to think that I'd have left it alone.

Ditto.

Focus_Man
Focus_Man  4481 forum posts United Kingdom631 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2012 - 4:01 PM

Quote: 40 mile drive to reshoot, if its even possible

Totally crackers, surely nobody ever takes just one shot? It isn't like you are using up costly film is it? A bit of memory stored temporarily costs nothing.

macroman
macroman  1115312 forum posts England
12 Sep 2012 - 4:17 PM

Agree with the cropping suggestion.

Also the hand is nicely balanced by the hand of the boy on the LHS, and with the ball in the middle it gives a nice bit of symmetry to the shot.
Makes it appear more professional. Grin

Last Modified By macroman at 12 Sep 2012 - 4:18 PM
colin beeley
colin beeley e2 Member 111070 forum postscolin beeley vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
12 Sep 2012 - 8:29 PM

the original is better , in your first shot i thought he had his hand down his pants ! i also think you should have got down a bit lower.

tepot
tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2012 - 9:23 PM

Quote: Wow! Only one person got it! There is only one alteration, they are not pasted together. (its the boy on the right , front row. Its his arm, in the original hes grabing his crotch)
As far as the kids stranging each other, they are. Grin
I can't decide if it will pass the parents or not. Thanks for the imput.

Don't ALL kids grab their crotches? i'm tellin' ya, once they find the one eyed snake, it's a lifetime interest Tongue

Terry.

tepot
tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Sep 2012 - 9:25 PM

i would have got down to a lower position and moved in filling the frame.

Terry.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.