Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Whats your favourite board game ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Ridgeway
Ridgeway  7222 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 2:45 AM

Whats your favourite board game ?
The reason I ask is that a few nights ago for some weird reason I felt like playing a board game,that game being Othello.
My better halfs family would be great board game players,where as I am not.
In saying that I love this game,you have to plan ahead and you have to be a tad crafty.
It changes fast as well.
AS it says on the box,minutes to learn and a life time to master,,,,,,Any one know why the Black always has to go first,,,,,its in the rule book !!!!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Oct 2007 - 2:45 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MeanGreeny
10 Oct 2007 - 8:15 AM

Quote: Any one know why the Black always has to go first,,,,,its in the rule book !!!!

Probably just trying to be different from chess where white always goes first

I used to like a game called Upwords - a sort of 3D Scrabble.

Used to play Trivial Pursuit occasionally but it gradually fell away as people realised I never lost Sad

Geoffphoto
10 Oct 2007 - 8:20 AM

Quote: Used to play Trivial Pursuit occasionally but it gradually fell away as people realised I never lost

Well nobody likes a smartarse !!

MeanGreeny
10 Oct 2007 - 8:26 AM

Quote: Well nobody likes a smartarse !!

Sad but true.

I'm straining up under the bear

Smile

MrsS
MrsS  74527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 9:07 AM

Quote: I'm straining up under the bear

Well you have to, don't you Simon Smile

(just off to see if I own any comfortable shoes!) Wink

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84245 forum postsKarenFB vcard England161 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 9:20 AM

Upwards for me too!! Or Scrabble. Or Cards. Or Monopoly. Or Trivial Pursuit. I'm not fussy really! There's a board game call Sequence which uses counters and cards, that's quite good fun!

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 9:22 AM

monopoly was always my favourite because i love money and power and lots of it =)

scrabble and games of that era were also great brain exercise.

games as a whole i liked connect 4 and card games too =)

Geoffphoto
10 Oct 2007 - 9:24 AM

Monopoly (Yawn! ) - we used to call that a bored game !!

Last Modified By Geoffphoto at 10 Oct 2007 - 9:26 AM
NexusImages
NexusImages e2 Member 71844 forum postsNexusImages vcard United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 9:25 AM

Othello is an ace board game. It is probably up there in my favorites BUT you have to be in the right frame of mind and keep with it. The husband won't play this with me anymore cos I whoop his booty at it. Just stay away from the corner four as whoever gets the first corner usually bags the game. In the begining try to gain as few as possible so that your apponent is limited in where thay can 'move'. This may force them in to committing to the outer ring and you have the upper hand from there.

Risk is a belter too (and is taken far too seriously in my parents house) The golden rule is to replenish the armies to the country you gained them for and you can't go wrong (most of the time or unless you have a suicidal player) LOTR risk is good too.

OK, Geek hat off now. Smile

M.

oh and for the record I am really crap at scrabble and other wordy games.

Last Modified By NexusImages at 10 Oct 2007 - 9:28 AM
MrsS
10 Oct 2007 - 10:32 AM

Risk is Fabulous!! Has anyone ever played Diplomacy?? Just like Risk in that you have to gain control of the World, but you spend lots of time in cupboards and corners negotiating deals with other players and then stabbing them in the back!!

Once played a game as a student that lasted something like 4 days with no resolution whatsoever!! Wink

Duncan_E
Duncan_E  7199 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 10:52 AM

Quote: Has anyone ever played Diplomacy??

Back in the mists of time I used to play Diplomacy with a gang of fellow students. We'd set aside the entire day for gaming. People who were eliminated would then go and play other things while the intrigue continued. Don't think we ever managed to finish a game though...

However, I also designed a board game called City Mayor in which you had to manage the resources of your city and react to various emergencies, while remaining popular. I had all the pieces, cards and board but never did anything with it. Three years later Maxis released the SimCity computer game...

MrsS
10 Oct 2007 - 11:09 AM

Quote: Don't think we ever managed to finish a game though...

Don't think we ever finished a game either!!

Quote: Three years later Maxis released the SimCity computer game...

Bu@@er!!! Wink

jeanie
jeanie e2 Member 105968 forum postsjeanie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 11:23 AM

My favourite is Scrabble. Love it... and even got it on computer now although the computer comes up with words I have never heard of, lol!
I also love Triv - especially now that they have made the "free go" spaces an immediate jump to one of the 6 main boxes so you can try to win a piece of pie.... saving the game going on for hours Wink

KarenFB
KarenFB Junior Gallery Team 84245 forum postsKarenFB vcard England161 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 5:05 PM

I take it everyone here has tried the EPZ Sudoku!!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318430 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Oct 2007 - 5:09 PM

I
Quote: take it everyone here has tried the EPZ Sudoku!!

Every week and I haven't won a game yet!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.