Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Whats your favourite board game ?

Ridgeway 8 222 2 Ireland
10 Oct 2007 2:45AM
Whats your favourite board game ?
The reason I ask is that a few nights ago for some weird reason I felt like playing a board game,that game being Othello.
My better halfs family would be great board game players,where as I am not.
In saying that I love this game,you have to plan ahead and you have to be a tad crafty.
It changes fast as well.
AS it says on the box,minutes to learn and a life time to master,,,,,,Any one know why the Black always has to go first,,,,,its in the rule book !!!!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
10 Oct 2007 8:15AM

Quote:Any one know why the Black always has to go first,,,,,its in the rule book !!!!

Probably just trying to be different from chess where white always goes first

I used to like a game called Upwords - a sort of 3D Scrabble.

Used to play Trivial Pursuit occasionally but it gradually fell away as people realised I never lost Sad
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
10 Oct 2007 8:20AM

Quote:Used to play Trivial Pursuit occasionally but it gradually fell away as people realised I never lost

Well nobody likes a smartarse !!
MeanGreeny 9 3.7k England
10 Oct 2007 8:26AM

Quote:Well nobody likes a smartarse !!

Sad but true.

I'm straining up under the bear

Smile
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
10 Oct 2007 9:07AM

Quote:I'm straining up under the bear

Well you have to, don't you Simon Smile

(just off to see if I own any comfortable shoes!) Wink
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
10 Oct 2007 9:20AM
Upwards for me too!! Or Scrabble. Or Cards. Or Monopoly. Or Trivial Pursuit. I'm not fussy really! There's a board game call Sequence which uses counters and cards, that's quite good fun!
Morpyre e2
10 1.6k 8 Wales
10 Oct 2007 9:22AM
monopoly was always my favourite because i love money and power and lots of it =)

scrabble and games of that era were also great brain exercise.

games as a whole i liked connect 4 and card games too =)
Geoffphoto 8 13.5k United Kingdom
10 Oct 2007 9:24AM
Monopoly (Yawn! ) - we used to call that a bored game !!
NexusImages 7 1.8k 4 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2007 9:25AM
Othello is an ace board game. It is probably up there in my favorites BUT you have to be in the right frame of mind and keep with it. The husband won't play this with me anymore cos I whoop his booty at it. Just stay away from the corner four as whoever gets the first corner usually bags the game. In the begining try to gain as few as possible so that your apponent is limited in where thay can 'move'. This may force them in to committing to the outer ring and you have the upper hand from there.

Risk is a belter too (and is taken far too seriously in my parents house) The golden rule is to replenish the armies to the country you gained them for and you can't go wrong (most of the time or unless you have a suicidal player) LOTR risk is good too.

OK, Geek hat off now. Smile

M.

oh and for the record I am really crap at scrabble and other wordy games.
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
10 Oct 2007 10:32AM
Risk is Fabulous!! Has anyone ever played Diplomacy?? Just like Risk in that you have to gain control of the World, but you spend lots of time in cupboards and corners negotiating deals with other players and then stabbing them in the back!!

Once played a game as a student that lasted something like 4 days with no resolution whatsoever!! Wink
Duncan_E 8 201 3 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2007 10:52AM

Quote:Has anyone ever played Diplomacy??

Back in the mists of time I used to play Diplomacy with a gang of fellow students. We'd set aside the entire day for gaming. People who were eliminated would then go and play other things while the intrigue continued. Don't think we ever managed to finish a game though...

However, I also designed a board game called City Mayor in which you had to manage the resources of your city and react to various emergencies, while remaining popular. I had all the pieces, cards and board but never did anything with it. Three years later Maxis released the SimCity computer game...
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
10 Oct 2007 11:09AM

Quote:Don't think we ever managed to finish a game though...

Don't think we ever finished a game either!!

Quote:Three years later Maxis released the SimCity computer game...

Bu@@er!!! Wink
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
10 Oct 2007 11:23AM
My favourite is Scrabble. Love it... and even got it on computer now although the computer comes up with words I have never heard of, lol!
I also love Triv - especially now that they have made the "free go" spaces an immediate jump to one of the 6 main boxes so you can try to win a piece of pie.... saving the game going on for hours Wink
KarenFB 8 4.4k 163 England
10 Oct 2007 5:05PM
I take it everyone here has tried the EPZ Sudoku!!
Pete e2
13 18.7k 96 England
10 Oct 2007 5:09PM
I
Quote: take it everyone here has tried the EPZ Sudoku!!

Every week and I haven't won a game yet!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.