Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

When it comes together

ray1 10 541 1 England
25 Apr 2010 2:06PM
Do you have days when you think about giving up photography as it just will not come together no matter what you try and then there are days that restore your faith.

The faith restoration days for me are when I get to use my Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR for portrait type shots and today has been one of those days. Got some great pics of my niece's son in good light and the quality from that lens always makes me think wow - what would I ever do without it.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
25 Apr 2010 5:48PM

Quote:Do you have days when you think about giving up photography as it just will not come together no matter what you try

...yes Ray I do and sadly it happens more and more regularily, the only thing that keeps me going is not knowing what I would do with the rest of my life if I gave up.

The only pictures I really want are birds in flight but it is just so hard to get it right despite some on EPZ who make it look so easy.

I keep going back to the same place again and again, to be greeted with...."are you here again" ....it is so damned embarassing. Sad

....Mike
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
25 Apr 2010 6:52PM

Quote:Do you have days when you think about giving up photography ....

No

But I do have days when nothing "comes together", however, sometimes like earlier this year it was couple of months Sad

My "restore your faith" days are usually like yesterday when the weather did not appear to be too great but went out anyway and drove around a few locations, finding somewhere new in the process getting several good shots
dlegros 12 217 England
25 Apr 2010 7:23PM
Absolutely, the days when the well of inspiration seems to have dried up, or an idea just won't pan out to match the one in your head.

Then, there's the occasional thunderclap day where an idea strikes and it works out.
Squirrel 7 401 3 England
25 Apr 2010 9:07PM
Yes it happens to us all.
I'm in doldrums at moment.
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
25 Apr 2010 9:36PM

Quote:I'm in doldrums at moment.

'yea right...."flight of the falcon"....terrific shot.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.