Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

When the weather goes against you..

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Hamer
    Hamer  543 forum posts United Kingdom
    9 Sep 2010 - 5:15 PM

I've had two shoots recently completely disrupted by a sudden turn in the weather.

Where do you guys go when rain ruins your plans for a shoot? I'm talking mainly for fashion, glamour and portrait work here.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Sep 2010 - 5:15 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

BarrieNeilPhotography

Turn it into a rainwear shoot.. brollies and wellies or a 'trash' glamour shoot.. make-up running down face, clinging clothes etc Smile

JamesGarfield

I've had the same problem so I feel for you. I now try to find a location with some shelter nearby, not necessarily indoors as such but if I'm going for an urban look then an underpass etc, I recently did one at a stately home which had some nice small covered seating areas in the gardens which enabled us to do some shots whilst we waited for the rain to stop.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Sep 2010 - 6:27 PM

I like Barrie's suggestion.....Smile

Adapt and beat it, By turning it into an advantage, Many great things where born from adversity....Wink

Paul Morgan
    Paul Morgan e2 Member 1314927 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Sep 2010 - 7:37 PM

Harsh weather, just get out there, nothing compares Smile

2-lrg-599-1262008722.jpg

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 9 Sep 2010 - 7:38 PM
    markpendle
    26 Jan 2011 - 11:12 PM

Not practical for a lot of people, but I try to shoot as local a pos, if the weathers is foul, head back to my house, a) I have a home studio (I realise many haven't) b) there is usually something to be used, garage, kitchen, doorway, windows - often models are best at spotting posing locations because I'm just to use to seeing them

DaveG_photo
    27 Jan 2011 - 4:02 PM

I have a home studio (4m x 5m garage..with black backdrop one end white the other,simples)Also have a couple of indoor locations,bridges, cafe's that don't mind me photographing, taking some stock photo's in a gym/squash court tomorrow.Grin

Canonshots
    7 Feb 2011 - 11:09 PM

"Where do you guys go when rain ruins your plans for a shoot?"

How about the nearest pub?Smile

Sylar
    Sylar  578 forum posts England
    15 Feb 2011 - 12:31 PM

Do some still life shots indoor.

I am thinking that I should go to a antique fair and buy something to photograph
    then sell them, to buy more, and continue.

BadSoulPhotography

Umrellas may keep the models dry, if that's what they want.
    Some go with the flow and enjoy the rough weather.
    A rain storm can mess with your planned shoot but could turn out to be a blessing in disguise and add a whole new mood to the shots.
    If the models aren't willing to go on, book for another day or week BUT if you planned for the unexpected and you keep the camera dry go with the flow, let the models have fun in the rain and capture their fun with as many shots as you can, then head for somewhere to dry out.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.