Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

When was the last time you used your film camera?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

bigalguitarpicker
25 Sep 2012 - 12:29 AM

Threw my Nikon F50 in the bin a few weeks ago. Still have my Seagull TLR though! Must buy some chemicals. Anyone done any Washing Soda/Coffee developing? I bought a book on Development for 1p from Amazon a while back, need to study it re making my own Dev/Fixer.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Sep 2012 - 12:29 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer

I have shot only one roll of an expired 120 film with the Seagull some summers ago. It produced some great pictures. With the highest speed 1/300th of a sec, I think it is perfect for taking pics in the U.K.
I have seen in youtube a mix of coffee and vitamin C (Caffenol) check it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYjOqcbBEco

ckristoff
ckristoff  10940 forum posts Wales
26 Sep 2012 - 5:23 PM

Friends,

I'm afraid I last used my EOS 3, many years ago, when I purchased a 450D. Currently using a 7D.

I must get out the Eos 3, as I have several films, probably out of date but perfectly usable.

Frank.

montechoro
montechoro  112340 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
27 Sep 2012 - 2:15 PM

Quote: Friends,

I'm afraid I last used my EOS 3, many years ago, when I purchased a 450D. Currently using a 7D.

I must get out the Eos 3, as I have several films, probably out of date but perfectly usable.

Frank.

EOS 3 - one of the finest slr's ever - always loved the amazing eye controlled focusing

Paul_Anthony
28 Sep 2012 - 1:28 PM

There is some lovely stuff on David Lingham's website, he still uses only film and prints all his own stuff. Worth a look if you have a spare 30 mins.

Paul

pablophotographer

Thanks Paul Anthony. Clyde Butcher (http://www.clydebutcher.com/) in USA does amazing landscape work in black and white solely, using a large format camera. Friends, have a look into his amazing work. Anthony, have you shot any film recently yourself?

keith selmes
29 Sep 2012 - 11:49 AM

It must be months ago now. I thought would be doing it now, but actually I'm still busy with decorating etc., and no room for processing. I can feel a film session coming on though. Just have to climb out from these paint cans first.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139496 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2012 - 12:19 PM

Quote: When was the last time you used your film camera?

10 years ago today. Smile

pablophotographer

hey Carabosse, you've got a great memory!
It must have been a much anticipated purchase of a digital camera or
was it a total disaster from your film camera?

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139496 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
29 Sep 2012 - 5:18 PM

Quote: It must have been a much anticipated purchase of a digital camera or
was it a total disaster from your film camera?

It was that "wow" moment when I found the 4Mp digital compact, I had just bought, was giving me better quality than my Canon film SLR.

From that day, I never used film again - and the SLR and lenses were sold within a fortnight. Smile

pentaxpete
29 Sep 2012 - 7:49 PM

TODAY I went to Chelmsford, Essex ( England) for the annual 'Street Diversions' and finished off a roll of 2007 outdated Fuji Superia Extra 800 I downrated to 250 ASA ( after testing ) and got some good 'Characters' -- I will take it for processing on Monday -- I used my Free Gift CANON A1 ( well although NOT a PENTAX it was FREE !! )

strokebloke
30 Sep 2012 - 4:37 PM

Today - F5 - candids at the retail shopping park on Ektar 100
And finished off a roll of Velvia 50 on some ducks on the local pond.

Like Pete, into processing tomorrow Wink

Professional
14 Nov 2012 - 9:13 PM

I can't remember, maybe last year or maybe this Jan-Feb 2012, i hope to be back to shoot with film.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
15 Nov 2012 - 9:48 AM

About two weeks ago...

I just wish I could get the same level of enjoyment out of shooting with my DSLR. Or even results that come anywhere close to what I can get from 5x4.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
20 Nov 2012 - 10:45 AM

Last Sunday week - EOS 300V: Polar Bear's boiler maintenance, Amberley Museum.

02-fps167026.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.