Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

When was the last time you used your film camera?

RPVG 1 8
6 Feb 2014 8:20PM
Except for the one on my phone, all my cameras are film cameras. Last time I used one was... this past Sunday afternoon.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gala 1 846 United Kingdom
7 Feb 2014 10:06AM
April 2008. Sheoak Falls on the Great Ocean Road - cue irreparable death of drive mechanism.
pentaxpete 10 568 1 England
10 Feb 2014 2:31PM
I went out with my 'Gift' Minolta Dynax 500silast week loaded with some Aug/2004 outdated 'BonusPrint ACTIVA 200' ( KONICA) film and I had to 'fool' the DX Coding into defaulting to 100 ASA by sticking some paper over the DX code on the cassette. I used the
70-210mm Minolta AF Zoom lens -- it 'hunts' badly to auto-focus -- I used it nearly all at full aperture in weak Winter light.

1-minolta-dynax-500-si.jpg

minolta-test-04.jpg

pablophotographer 3 506 194
13 Feb 2014 8:54PM
Three more frames shot today, two with nature based theme and one with architecture. Not long till the last frame now.
Cat&Mouse 11 101 Russian Federation
24 Feb 2014 10:01AM
Yesterday....

image-313.jpg

Nikon F100, Nikkor MF50/1.4, Fuji Superia 400 Extra, Nikon Coolscan 5000ED
28 Feb 2014 12:29PM
Out for some 'Exercise' to keep my Heart going -- I took my 1966 Carl Zeiss Werramatic loaded with some 2003 dated Fuji Superia 'Surveicolor 400' from a 100ft bulk tin I loaded into some cassettes and rated it at 200 ASA -- I have some trouble with the framing in viewfinder for the 50mm f2.8 Tessar lens sometimes but here are a couple --
surveicolor-01.jpg

surveicolor--02.jpg

I think the film may be for 'Speed Cameras' but it works OK in ordinary film cameras .
Cat&Mouse 11 101 Russian Federation
2 Mar 2014 6:52AM

Quote:-- I have some trouble with the framing in viewfinder for the 50mm f2.8 Tessar lens sometimes

Good examples, indeed. I think is no problems with this kind framing, except a PL filter one! Smile

SLR Nikon F100, Nikkor AF35-135/3.5-4.5
2.jpg

Fuji Superia 400 Extra, modern negative film. Wink
2 Mar 2014 10:37AM
Thanks for viewing -- I meant I cut off part of the Ambulances -- now I have found a manual for the Werramatic on the Butkus site and see which is the 50mm lens frame -- and it has 'parallax' marks too which were confusing. Like the rendering of your snow photo-- very accurate colours !
4 Mar 2014 12:29AM
Three days ago! I finished the roll which was in the camera since December '13. Will take it for development tomorrow. A new roll was in, a Kodak ColorPlus, which expired February 2014, but was held n the fridge since its purchase.
4 Mar 2014 9:54PM
Two frames shot today; I will get the developed pictures in Thursday. I will take pics of some of the prints to upload here.
mikesavage 12 271 2 England
5 Mar 2014 3:03AM
Went out the other day & shot a few pics on Fuji Sensia with my Sigma SA-7 SLR.
7 Mar 2014 2:33AM
Yesterday, three frames if I remember correctly; I actually shot another two from a mobile phone. A lady was at the park I visited taking pictures of a statue... ''Do you want me to take you a picture?'' she replied positively to the gesture I offered her and when we approached each other so I give her the camera back she told me: ''My mother used to sing here, she participated in live performances, here and there... we even moved to another continent...'' She looked like a tourist, she did stay abroad... she thanked me for the pictures which displayed her and the statue and the trees above from lower angle and I went on my way while she stayed looking around; On my way ro a flower it attracted my attention, I noticed a woman about my age reading a book. She looked bored being there, that's what I thought but my brain was already engaged on how I could take a shot of that colorful flower. On my way back I noticed the two women walking together, then the older woman slowed down and I caught up with her. ''That was my daughter'' she told me. ''What about a picture of you two together then?'' I asked. ''My daughter is crying, she can't pose now'' she explained me about her daughter's quick departure. I smiled wished them well and left, no-one like to be caught in a picture crying. But then... I just felt like finding her daughter and ask her ''Wouldn't you want to have had seen your grandma and your mom in a pic taken here one day? Do it for her granddaughter.... '' In a world of selfies, a picture with our parents and a hug is an expression of gratitude for their efforts to bring us up, a sign of our genetic link with them; Don't let the change getting lost, if you can...
17 Mar 2014 10:08AM
I organised a trip out yesterday ( SUNDAY) to the Warley Nature Reserve for members of Brentwood Photo-Club especially the BEGINNERS who keep asking " Does the Club have outings" -- well only 6 people turned up and several of the Beginners who want these outings didn't turn up -- it;s heartbreaking !! I took my 1956 Agfa Isolette III and a 1970's Canon AE-1 so a new lady could use it as she has a Canon T90 never used for 8 years !! I gave her a colour for for her T90 -- she didn't even know how to load the film !! I let her use my AE-1 with 2005 outdated FP4+ loaded for B&W and showed her the use of filters. Here is one of her efforts using a yellow filter --
warley-02.jpg

dwilkin 8 24.3k United Kingdom
18 Mar 2014 12:50PM
I'm sitting here with three films ready for processing, after running them through my newest toy on Sunday morning - a Fuji GX617 with 105mm lens - can't wait to see the results!
23 Mar 2014 10:58AM
last few days, I have shot various subjects with a pocket 35mm camera, a Nikon, to keep it functioning Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.