Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

When was the last time you used your film camera?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

RPVG
RPVG 
6 Feb 2014 - 8:20 PM

Except for the one on my phone, all my cameras are film cameras. Last time I used one was... this past Sunday afternoon.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Feb 2014 - 8:20 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

gala
gala  1594 forum posts United Kingdom
7 Feb 2014 - 10:06 AM

April 2008. Sheoak Falls on the Great Ocean Road - cue irreparable death of drive mechanism.

pentaxpete
10 Feb 2014 - 2:31 PM

I went out with my 'Gift' Minolta Dynax 500silast week loaded with some Aug/2004 outdated 'BonusPrint ACTIVA 200' ( KONICA) film and I had to 'fool' the DX Coding into defaulting to 100 ASA by sticking some paper over the DX code on the cassette. I used the
70-210mm Minolta AF Zoom lens -- it 'hunts' badly to auto-focus -- I used it nearly all at full aperture in weak Winter light.

1-minolta-dynax-500-si.jpg

minolta-test-04.jpg

pablophotographer

Three more frames shot today, two with nature based theme and one with architecture. Not long till the last frame now.

Cat&Mouse
Cat&Mouse  11101 forum posts Russian Federation
24 Feb 2014 - 10:01 AM

Yesterday....

image-313.jpg

Nikon F100, Nikkor MF50/1.4, Fuji Superia 400 Extra, Nikon Coolscan 5000ED

Last Modified By Cat&Mouse at 24 Feb 2014 - 10:03 AM
pentaxpete
28 Feb 2014 - 12:29 PM

Out for some 'Exercise' to keep my Heart going -- I took my 1966 Carl Zeiss Werramatic loaded with some 2003 dated Fuji Superia 'Surveicolor 400' from a 100ft bulk tin I loaded into some cassettes and rated it at 200 ASA -- I have some trouble with the framing in viewfinder for the 50mm f2.8 Tessar lens sometimes but here are a couple --
surveicolor-01.jpg
surveicolor--02.jpg
I think the film may be for 'Speed Cameras' but it works OK in ordinary film cameras .

Cat&Mouse
Cat&Mouse  11101 forum posts Russian Federation
2 Mar 2014 - 6:52 AM

Quote: -- I have some trouble with the framing in viewfinder for the 50mm f2.8 Tessar lens sometimes

Good examples, indeed. I think is no problems with this kind framing, except a PL filter one! Smile

SLR Nikon F100, Nikkor AF35-135/3.5-4.5
2.jpg

Fuji Superia 400 Extra, modern negative film. Wink

Last Modified By Cat&Mouse at 2 Mar 2014 - 6:57 AM
pentaxpete
2 Mar 2014 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for viewing -- I meant I cut off part of the Ambulances -- now I have found a manual for the Werramatic on the Butkus site and see which is the 50mm lens frame -- and it has 'parallax' marks too which were confusing. Like the rendering of your snow photo-- very accurate colours !

pablophotographer

Three days ago! I finished the roll which was in the camera since December '13. Will take it for development tomorrow. A new roll was in, a Kodak ColorPlus, which expired February 2014, but was held n the fridge since its purchase.

pablophotographer

Two frames shot today; I will get the developed pictures in Thursday. I will take pics of some of the prints to upload here.

mikesavage
mikesavage  12234 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2014 - 3:03 AM

Went out the other day & shot a few pics on Fuji Sensia with my Sigma SA-7 SLR.

pablophotographer

Yesterday, three frames if I remember correctly; I actually shot another two from a mobile phone. A lady was at the park I visited taking pictures of a statue... ''Do you want me to take you a picture?'' she replied positively to the gesture I offered her and when we approached each other so I give her the camera back she told me: ''My mother used to sing here, she participated in live performances, here and there... we even moved to another continent...'' She looked like a tourist, she did stay abroad... she thanked me for the pictures which displayed her and the statue and the trees above from lower angle and I went on my way while she stayed looking around; On my way ro a flower it attracted my attention, I noticed a woman about my age reading a book. She looked bored being there, that's what I thought but my brain was already engaged on how I could take a shot of that colorful flower. On my way back I noticed the two women walking together, then the older woman slowed down and I caught up with her. ''That was my daughter'' she told me. ''What about a picture of you two together then?'' I asked. ''My daughter is crying, she can't pose now'' she explained me about her daughter's quick departure. I smiled wished them well and left, no-one like to be caught in a picture crying. But then... I just felt like finding her daughter and ask her ''Wouldn't you want to have had seen your grandma and your mom in a pic taken here one day? Do it for her granddaughter.... '' In a world of selfies, a picture with our parents and a hug is an expression of gratitude for their efforts to bring us up, a sign of our genetic link with them; Don't let the change getting lost, if you can...

pentaxpete
17 Mar 2014 - 10:08 AM

I organised a trip out yesterday ( SUNDAY) to the Warley Nature Reserve for members of Brentwood Photo-Club especially the BEGINNERS who keep asking " Does the Club have outings" -- well only 6 people turned up and several of the Beginners who want these outings didn't turn up -- it;s heartbreaking !! I took my 1956 Agfa Isolette III and a 1970's Canon AE-1 so a new lady could use it as she has a Canon T90 never used for 8 years !! I gave her a colour for for her T90 -- she didn't even know how to load the film !! I let her use my AE-1 with 2005 outdated FP4+ loaded for B&W and showed her the use of filters. Here is one of her efforts using a yellow filter --
warley-02.jpg

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
18 Mar 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm sitting here with three films ready for processing, after running them through my newest toy on Sunday morning - a Fuji GX617 with 105mm lens - can't wait to see the results!

pablophotographer

last few days, I have shot various subjects with a pocket 35mm camera, a Nikon, to keep it functioning Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.