Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

When was the last time you used your film camera?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pentaxpete
10 Apr 2014 - 8:51 PM

Today April 10th was my 'Birthday Trip' to London -- I took my 1975 Asahi Pentax KX loaded with some Agfa Vista 200 I wanted to use up -- well, all around Westminster, London Eye, South Bank, Trafalgar Square areas I was the Only one with PENTAX and using a FILM camera ! -- everyone had Canons, Nikons and Sony Digitals !

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Apr 2014 - 8:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer

Quote: Today April 10th I was the Only one with PENTAX and using a FILM camera ! -- everyone had Canons, Nikons and Sony Digitals !

We are not a rare breed, are we?

pentaxpete
23 Apr 2014 - 5:00 PM

May Bank Holiday Monday at Southend-on-Sea Essex where all the 'Mods' and 'Rockers' were there but they did not FIGHT as they did in the 1960's as they were all PENSIONERS !! I used my 1961 Asahi Pentax SV for B&W and my 1973 Spotmatic F for colour print, then TODAY I took SV to Romford Market and took a few on Jessops 100 film ( actually AGFA APX 100)
southend-02.jpg

AndS
AndS e2 Member 2869 forum postsAndS vcard England
23 Apr 2014 - 5:38 PM

Today the postie delivered my Olympus OM30 with 50mm lens... for the princely sum of 13, first film camera in nearly 30 years Grin

pentaxpete
30 Apr 2014 - 12:23 PM

Today I went with a Rolleiflex 3.5 E Planar loaded with some 1994 Kodak Ektachrome 100 and my Mamiya C220 with 2007 Ilford XP2 Super -- I will do an 'experiment' with the Ektachrome - process in Ilfotec LC29 for the first developer then after fogging to light I will reversal process in C41 chemicals.

pentaxpete
8 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

My experiment was a failure -- the film came out all dark blue and under-exposed looking -- nothing worth showing !
However, I organised a trip to Kentwell Hall Suffolk on May Bank Holiday Sunday and got first film processed --I used my 1996 Pentax MZ-5 for Colour neg and my 1984 Mamiya C220 for B&W ( film not all finished yet )

coelacanth
coelacanth  1246 forum posts Wales
10 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

Dear all

I have just purchased a Contax Aria body off ebay (for 99 quid). What a revelation! Smaller, quieter and way lighter than my Contax 167MT. I am looking forward to using this loaded with Fuji Velvia 100 when I recover fully from manflu and the weather is not so vile. I now have three SLR bodies for the Contax system, the last one being a Yashica FXD Quartz. I really have no excuse for not getting out and taking pictures.

nickthompson
14 May 2014 - 3:23 PM

I'm going out tonight around the West End and Soho with my F100 loaded with Ilford Delta 3200. I'm also taking my FE2 (Black) with Fuji Neopan 400 CN. I'll use my SB 22s with the FE2. Hopefully they'll come out ok!

Nick

Sooty_1
Sooty_1 Critique Team 41216 forum posts United Kingdom200 Constructive Critique Points
14 May 2014 - 5:13 PM

Hope you're taking back up too........ like a big bloke who's a boxer.

Enjoy, but be careful.

Nick

pablophotographer

All the best Nick!

nickthompson
14 May 2014 - 5:42 PM

Thanks for your concern, I'm London born and bred so know the West End quite well. There's loads of tourists and I've never really had any problems.

Nick

SteveCharles
15 May 2014 - 2:55 PM

^^^ one of the safest places to carry cameras. Carrying a camera in the the West End is about as conspicuous as wearing shoes.

nickthompson
15 May 2014 - 3:03 PM

Only got to shoot the 3200 film last night. I was knackered by 11.00pm. Put the film in today for processing and I'll pick it up next week.

Nick

pablophotographer

all the best nick!

pentaxpete
4 Jun 2014 - 12:51 PM

I used my 1996 Pentax MZ-5 loaded with outdated Kodak TMY 400 film I processed in Crawley Formula fx15 1+1 for 9.5 mins CUT the exposed half and got some quite good negs of a trip to Romford, then i used the second half in Ilford LC29 1+19 developer for 6.5 mins as per Massive Dev chart and all the negs were THIN and under-developed !! Should have stuck with my home-made FX15 soup ! Here is one I got in Liberty Shopping Mall, Romford -- two Old Dears --

old-shoppers.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.