Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

When was the last time you used your film camera?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pablophotographer

I have heard it is a very good camera, minute and great for traveland street photgraphy.
Arribaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
We would be greatful if you showed us one of the frames taken with it.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
11 Jan 2013 - 1:55 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Jay44
Jay44  81443 forum posts Wales
11 Jan 2013 - 12:20 PM

2005. But I have it packed away in a camera bag with lenses, because one day I may want to show my grandchildren how real photography is done!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jan 2013 - 2:02 PM

2002 on a trip to Weimar in (former East) Germany. A Minolta compact.

pablophotographer

Quote: 2005. But I have it packed away in a camera bag with lenses, because one day I may want to show my grandchildren how real photography is done!

I wish there will still be film around then, Jay Smile

Jay44
Jay44  81443 forum posts Wales
12 Jan 2013 - 10:27 AM

Quote: I wish there will still be film around then, Jay

Good point Pablo

JohnnyG
JohnnyG  2 Canada
13 Jan 2013 - 4:27 AM

Here are 3 shots I took with the Voigtlander on a previous trip to Mexico. The first is with Ektachrome 100, the other 2 are with Kodak BW400CN (I haven't had a chance to get this trip's film developed yet)

pablophotographer

Thanks for sharing JohnnyG,

Great colours from Ektarchrome, I had used it only once, and although I was not impressed, (this might had to do with the subjects, lighting, my skill, or printing) here we see a wonderful display of colours in the sky Smile I favour BCN400BW, for its punchy contrast well seen on the bottom picture. I feel like saying "thanks for the memories Kodak" but it may be not timely.

JohnnyG
JohnnyG  2 Canada
13 Jan 2013 - 5:30 PM

The Ektachrome gives a creamy smoothness to the colors in the picture. Great for sunsets and portraits.Grin

pablophotographer

feel better about it now, I had no portraits and no sunrises and sunsets taken with it, honestly it looked like I was shooting Kolak Color 200iso. Next film to load my camera will be a fujifilm colour negative 200iso. It's good for green colours supposedly. Got a couple of hard months ahead.

shaks
shaks  11561 forum posts Tokelau1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Feb 2013 - 1:22 PM

Quote: How could you forget to focus an slr Smile

Take a look through the gallery :=))

Smile

Used mine last night and planning on using it later this afternoon. Love the experience.

ColinEJ
ColinEJ  8 United Kingdom17 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2013 - 9:46 PM

I threw out my EOS 1n yesterday.

There was a minor shutter problem and it wasn't worth the cost of the repair, so not being much of a hoarder of broken things, it is now gone. I still have the motordrive for it, as that still works like new and I still have a mint AE1 in black and a full suite of FD lenses that all work perfectly.

pablophotographer

I shot two frames today, just placed a roll of 24 exposures inside today.

JohnnyG
JohnnyG  2 Canada
6 Mar 2013 - 10:10 PM

Just shot about 1/2 a dozen shots with my Kiev rangefinder. Still working my way through the first film I put in it. Can't wait to see how this old beauty performs.

Last Modified By JohnnyG at 6 Mar 2013 - 10:14 PM
Andysnapper
Andysnapper e2 Member 697 forum postsAndysnapper vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2013 - 10:03 AM

Now thats a classy looking camera Wink

thewilliam
7 Mar 2013 - 7:30 PM

The Kiev is really a Contax because it was made using the tooling that the Ruskies took from the Zeiss works at Dresden. Strangely, the Ica Works didn't get damaged in the big raid.

Last Modified By thewilliam at 7 Mar 2013 - 7:31 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.