Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

When was the last time you used your film camera?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

JohnnyG
JohnnyG  2 Canada
7 Mar 2013 - 11:22 PM

Quote: The Kiev is really a Contax because it was made using the tooling that the Ruskies took from the Zeiss works at Dresden. Strangely, the Ica Works didn't get damaged in the big raid.

Very cool bit of historical info. Thanks Smile Now I'm really anxious to see the results. It seems like it is really well constructed.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Mar 2013 - 11:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer

Quote: The Kiev is really a Contax because it was made using the tooling that the Ruskies took from the Zeiss works at Dresden. Strangely, the Ica Works didn't get damaged in the big raid.

I am not sure if the "raid" was a war compensation... I hope we soon see its capabilities. I shot another two frames yesterday despite the weather being miserable.

pablophotographer

Yooohoo !!! I shot the sunset today, 2 exposures, but I am still on the 9th frame, some way to go...

Gibbo58
Gibbo58  3 United Kingdom
13 Mar 2013 - 7:44 PM

I finished a film last week and developed it a couple of days ago.

I've shot film for many years and also digital but this is the first
time I have done my own developing. It was fun!

Pintpot
Pintpot  1 United Kingdom
15 Mar 2013 - 12:20 PM

About a month ago, I'm hoping to shoot a roll or two of Delta 400 this weekend though
that's if it stops raining!Wink

pablophotographer

Quote: About a month ago, I'm hoping to shoot a roll or two of Delta 400 this weekend though
that's if it stops raining!Wink

why not trying some through the wet window? I shot one frame yesterday... 1/3 of the film is shot...

nickthompson
17 Mar 2013 - 5:46 PM

Yesterday. I went out with my FE2 loaded with Superia 1600. I'll put the film in to the shop tomorrow.
Nick

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
17 Mar 2013 - 5:48 PM

Quote: I'll put the film in to the shop tomorrow.

Oh the nostalgia - must be over a decade since I last did that! Wink

pablophotographer

Yesterday I shot another frame... tell me about patience... still several frames on the left side of the camera

JohnnyG
JohnnyG  2 Canada
20 Mar 2013 - 9:04 PM

Quote: Yesterday I shot another frame... tell me about patience... still several frames on the left side of the camera

Getting back to film photography is, in my opinion, the hands-down best way of getting out of the spray and pray method that is so easy to get into when shooting digital. Everything improves after you've shot off a couple of rolls of film. Grin

pentaxpete
1 Apr 2013 - 9:44 AM

1-pentax-mz-5.jpgEaster Sunday went to 'Tropical Wings in Essex with my 'Gift' Pentax MZ-5 camera loaded with outdated Kodak Gold 200 -- I used my Metz 45CL3 for TTL flash in the Butterfly house with a 35-80mm f4 SMC Pentax-F lens at f16, the outside saw the Wallabies with babies ans used my free 100-300mm f4.5 SMC Pentax-F lens -- I tried the 'SPOT' metering technique -- when it was on an almost black wallaby I set -1 exposure compensation -- let's see how the snaps turned out when processed !!

monstersnowman
1 Apr 2013 - 12:16 PM

Quote: Yesterday I shot another frame... tell me about patience... still several frames on the left side of the camera

Getting back to film photography is, in my opinion, the hands-down best way of getting out of the spray and pray method that is so easy to get into when shooting digital. Everything improves after you've shot off a couple of rolls of film. Grin

I can assure you it doesn't judging by the number of 'going back to film' discussions I have been involved in without, to date, seeing one single solitary image as a result - and i MEAN I have seen NONE. And listing each and every bit of kit and how old and out of date it all is doesn't add to the actual image one bit in just the same way as having the latest digital Canikon D50TwentyHundred-X doesn't.

Film shots can be wonderful but some people get more preoccupied with just swinging around old fashioned gear as if it automatically produces some artisan quality and distinction before they have pressed the dusty old shutter release than actually producing anything worth seeing ... As condescending as your post ended i wish you good luck and look forward to the 'new and improved' images that us digi fools miss out on Grin

JohnnyG
JohnnyG  2 Canada
1 Apr 2013 - 10:12 PM

I can assure you it doesn't judging by the number of 'going back to film' discussions I have been involved in without, to date, seeing one single solitary image as a result - and i MEAN I have seen NONE. And listing each and every bit of kit and how old and out of date it all is doesn't add to the actual image one bit in just the same way as having the latest digital Canikon D50TwentyHundred-X doesn't.

Film shots can be wonderful but some people get more preoccupied with just swinging around old fashioned gear as if it automatically produces some artisan quality and distinction before they have pressed the dusty old shutter release than actually producing anything worth seeing ... As condescending as your post ended i wish you good luck and look forward to the 'new and improved' images that us digi fools miss out on Grin
[/quote]

I think you missed the point of my statement. I didn't say my film pictures were better than digital. I was stating that it helped my technique by making me slow down and think more about what I am shooting and how I am going to shoot it. Without the advantage of being able to 'chimp' after each shot or series of shots, or the fact that I can't shoot off as many frames as I please, I have to really think about each shot. This carries over to my digital shooting, especially when I find myself getting a little careless or carefree in my shooting.

Last Modified By JohnnyG at 1 Apr 2013 - 10:14 PM
keith selmes
1 Apr 2013 - 10:30 PM

Quote: 'going back to film' discussions I have been involved in without, to date, seeing one single solitary image as a result - and i MEAN I have seen NONE

Poor thing - have you tried doing some yourself ?

(which emoticon is it for really innocent expression ?)

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
2 Apr 2013 - 12:30 AM

Quote: (which emoticon is it for really innocent expression ?)

innocent.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.