Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

When was the last time you used your film camera?

JohnnyG e2
3 15 Canada
7 Mar 2013 11:22PM

Quote:The Kiev is really a Contax because it was made using the tooling that the Ruskies took from the Zeiss works at Dresden. Strangely, the Ica Works didn't get damaged in the big raid.

Very cool bit of historical info. Thanks Smile Now I'm really anxious to see the results. It seems like it is really well constructed.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

9 Mar 2013 6:32PM

Quote:The Kiev is really a Contax because it was made using the tooling that the Ruskies took from the Zeiss works at Dresden. Strangely, the Ica Works didn't get damaged in the big raid.
I am not sure if the "raid" was a war compensation... I hope we soon see its capabilities. I shot another two frames yesterday despite the weather being miserable.
13 Mar 2013 7:19PM
Yooohoo !!! I shot the sunset today, 2 exposures, but I am still on the 9th frame, some way to go...
13 Mar 2013 7:44PM
I finished a film last week and developed it a couple of days ago.

I've shot film for many years and also digital but this is the first
time I have done my own developing. It was fun!
15 Mar 2013 12:20PM
About a month ago, I'm hoping to shoot a roll or two of Delta 400 this weekend though
that's if it stops raining!Wink
15 Mar 2013 9:03PM

Quote:About a month ago, I'm hoping to shoot a roll or two of Delta 400 this weekend though
that's if it stops raining!Wink

why not trying some through the wet window? I shot one frame yesterday... 1/3 of the film is shot...
17 Mar 2013 5:46PM
Yesterday. I went out with my FE2 loaded with Superia 1600. I'll put the film in to the shop tomorrow.
Nick
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
17 Mar 2013 5:48PM

Quote:I'll put the film in to the shop tomorrow.

Oh the nostalgia - must be over a decade since I last did that! Wink
20 Mar 2013 7:31PM
Yesterday I shot another frame... tell me about patience... still several frames on the left side of the camera
JohnnyG e2
3 15 Canada
20 Mar 2013 9:04PM

Quote:Yesterday I shot another frame... tell me about patience... still several frames on the left side of the camera

Getting back to film photography is, in my opinion, the hands-down best way of getting out of the spray and pray method that is so easy to get into when shooting digital. Everything improves after you've shot off a couple of rolls of film. Grin
pentaxpete e2
9 553 1 England
1 Apr 2013 9:44AM
1-pentax-mz-5.jpg

Easter Sunday went to 'Tropical Wings in Essex with my 'Gift' Pentax MZ-5 camera loaded with outdated Kodak Gold 200 -- I used my Metz 45CL3 for TTL flash in the Butterfly house with a 35-80mm f4 SMC Pentax-F lens at f16, the outside saw the Wallabies with babies ans used my free 100-300mm f4.5 SMC Pentax-F lens -- I tried the 'SPOT' metering technique -- when it was on an almost black wallaby I set -1 exposure compensation -- let's see how the snaps turned out when processed !!
1 Apr 2013 12:16PM

Quote:Yesterday I shot another frame... tell me about patience... still several frames on the left side of the camera

Getting back to film photography is, in my opinion, the hands-down best way of getting out of the spray and pray method that is so easy to get into when shooting digital. Everything improves after you've shot off a couple of rolls of film. Grin

I can assure you it doesn't judging by the number of 'going back to film' discussions I have been involved in without, to date, seeing one single solitary image as a result - and i MEAN I have seen NONE. And listing each and every bit of kit and how old and out of date it all is doesn't add to the actual image one bit in just the same way as having the latest digital Canikon D50TwentyHundred-X doesn't.

Film shots can be wonderful but some people get more preoccupied with just swinging around old fashioned gear as if it automatically produces some artisan quality and distinction before they have pressed the dusty old shutter release than actually producing anything worth seeing ... As condescending as your post ended i wish you good luck and look forward to the 'new and improved' images that us digi fools miss out on Grin
JohnnyG e2
3 15 Canada
1 Apr 2013 10:12PM
I can assure you it doesn't judging by the number of 'going back to film' discussions I have been involved in without, to date, seeing one single solitary image as a result - and i MEAN I have seen NONE. And listing each and every bit of kit and how old and out of date it all is doesn't add to the actual image one bit in just the same way as having the latest digital Canikon D50TwentyHundred-X doesn't.

Film shots can be wonderful but some people get more preoccupied with just swinging around old fashioned gear as if it automatically produces some artisan quality and distinction before they have pressed the dusty old shutter release than actually producing anything worth seeing ... As condescending as your post ended i wish you good luck and look forward to the 'new and improved' images that us digi fools miss out on Grin

I think you missed the point of my statement. I didn't say my film pictures were better than digital. I was stating that it helped my technique by making me slow down and think more about what I am shooting and how I am going to shoot it. Without the advantage of being able to 'chimp' after each shot or series of shots, or the fact that I can't shoot off as many frames as I please, I have to really think about each shot. This carries over to my digital shooting, especially when I find myself getting a little careless or carefree in my shooting.
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
1 Apr 2013 10:30PM

Quote: 'going back to film' discussions I have been involved in without, to date, seeing one single solitary image as a result - and i MEAN I have seen NONE
Poor thing - have you tried doing some yourself ?

(which emoticon is it for really innocent expression ?)
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
2 Apr 2013 12:30AM

Quote:(which emoticon is it for really innocent expression ?)

innocent.jpg

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.