Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

When was the last time you used your film camera?

Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
9 Jun 2013 2:14AM
Yesterday I found a roll of Ilford HP5 including a pre-payment envelope, thought I had used them all.

So I`ll be using that roll Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thebigyin e2
9 83 6 United Kingdom
9 Jun 2013 3:44PM
March 2004 was the last time I used a film camera & no plans to ever use one again
13 Jun 2013 11:57PM
Had the roll finished yesterday! It was given for developing today Smile
keith selmes
11 7.1k 1 United Kingdom
14 Jun 2013 12:40AM
thread still going ? Last used on April 28th, world pinhole day
nothing very special but it was good to get the gear sorted out and in use again.
Just realised I still have some sheets to process, have to mix some fresh potion.

http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/2013/index.php?id=3293&searchStr=selmes
15 Jun 2013 2:40PM
Yes Keith, is still ongoing, as I hope photographers, who keep using film, to remain active! New film loaded, two frames shot already. When I shall have my own computer I shall scan some of the developed film frames to post them here.
ckristoff e2
10 959 Wales
23 Jun 2013 2:39PM
Last week I put a roll of film into my Eos 3. The battery I bought years ago, still works!

I've got plenty of film in my drawer, no need for fridge in my opinion.

I also have some Ilford black & white film, HP4 I believe. When I get to use it, what company would develop it please? It's been a while since I used film.

Frank.
8 Jul 2013 1:25AM
yesterday!
I finished a roll and I am very close to finish the second roll I loaded the camera up.
Andysnapper e2
6 108 22 England
24 Jul 2013 3:40PM

Quote:. When I get to use it, what company would develop it please? It's been a while since I used film.
Quote:

There are still plenty of places about, I use Peak Imaging who I find are very reliable and quick. I sent 13 rolls of 120 film to them on monday and they arrived back this morning.
There are others, AG Photographic, good but sometimes a little slow, Club 35, The Darkroom, Photo Express and many more.
Post up the results.Grin

Andy

SteveCharles
12 2.3k 18 England
24 Jul 2013 4:22PM

Quote:I also have some Ilford black & white film, HP4 I believe. When I get to use it, what company would develop it please?

You could send it to Ilford themselves.

Got a Nikon F100 on it's way to me via ebay, so will certainly be shooting some film this weekend..
dwilkin e2
8 24.3k United Kingdom
24 Jul 2013 7:41PM
Had an email yesterday saying that my order for Lomochrome Purple (35mm and 120!) is on it's way - should be a good weekend!
26 Jul 2013 2:27AM
start loading the gear, dwilkin, we are waiting shots from this new film!
26 Jul 2013 6:03AM
As a veteran of 'going back to film' threads lets hope we actually see some results .. After 2 or 3 years of watching these threads I haven't seen a single shot from the excited people announcing their return to film. I think for many, the nostalgia promises far more than the reality. (Puts tin hat on - but it's true).
SteveCharles
12 2.3k 18 England
26 Jul 2013 9:19AM
I haven't returned to film because I never completely stopped using it, and have been using it more and more in the last couple of years. Nostalgia has nothing to do with it, I prefer it for a lot of things. I'd have to link to F****r to show you my film photos, but here's one which isn't very recent, but kind of relevant as the subjects are 3 EPZ members, including on the right the very Mr Dwilkin from 3 comments up Smile

4611311156-f6b4e0a60e.jpg

26 Jul 2013 3:31PM
Another 3 frames today, the 24-frame film is very close to the end, I am using the bonus space, I am on exposure 26 I think now. 27 is the maximum I get from it normally. On my trip to Asia I was given a half frame Olympus Pen and the normal 36 exposure film got me nearly 80 frames; I had started to shoot pairs of items (like a saddle of a bicycle and a saddle of a motorcycle,or different helmets as we used scooters) thinking that a print would contain both the frames but actually modern digital printing gave us separate 6x4 prints; I had lost the pairs after the middle of shooting, well I had a good reason for being distracted.
dwilkin e2
8 24.3k United Kingdom
26 Jul 2013 6:34PM
Hey! I remember that day - that was shortly before the Security Guard chased us off. We should do another 'One Camera, One Lens' meet some time - actually, what I'd quite like to do is have everybody use the same camera (maybe an Olympus Trip 35, as they're plentiful and fairly cheap) and the same type of film, so that the only difference is the wetware behind the camera....

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.