Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

When was the last time you used your film camera?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315615 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2013 - 2:14 AM

Yesterday I found a roll of Ilford HP5 including a pre-payment envelope, thought I had used them all.

So I`ll be using that roll Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
9 Jun 2013 - 2:14 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thebigyin
thebigyin e2 Member 981 forum poststhebigyin vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
9 Jun 2013 - 3:44 PM

March 2004 was the last time I used a film camera & no plans to ever use one again

pablophotographer

Had the roll finished yesterday! It was given for developing today Smile

keith selmes
14 Jun 2013 - 12:40 AM

thread still going ? Last used on April 28th, world pinhole day
nothing very special but it was good to get the gear sorted out and in use again.
Just realised I still have some sheets to process, have to mix some fresh potion.

http://www.pinholeday.org/gallery/2013/index.php?id=3293&searchStr=selmes

pablophotographer

Yes Keith, is still ongoing, as I hope photographers, who keep using film, to remain active! New film loaded, two frames shot already. When I shall have my own computer I shall scan some of the developed film frames to post them here.

ckristoff
ckristoff  10941 forum posts Wales
23 Jun 2013 - 2:39 PM

Last week I put a roll of film into my Eos 3. The battery I bought years ago, still works!

I've got plenty of film in my drawer, no need for fridge in my opinion.

I also have some Ilford black & white film, HP4 I believe. When I get to use it, what company would develop it please? It's been a while since I used film.

Frank.

pablophotographer

yesterday!
I finished a roll and I am very close to finish the second roll I loaded the camera up.

Andysnapper
Andysnapper e2 Member 6105 forum postsAndysnapper vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
24 Jul 2013 - 3:40 PM

[quote]. When I get to use it, what company would develop it please? It's been a while since I used film.[quote]

There are still plenty of places about, I use Peak Imaging who I find are very reliable and quick. I sent 13 rolls of 120 film to them on monday and they arrived back this morning.
There are others, AG Photographic, good but sometimes a little slow, Club 35, The Darkroom, Photo Express and many more.
Post up the results.Grin

Andy

SteveCharles
24 Jul 2013 - 4:22 PM

Quote: I also have some Ilford black & white film, HP4 I believe. When I get to use it, what company would develop it please?

You could send it to Ilford themselves.

Got a Nikon F100 on it's way to me via ebay, so will certainly be shooting some film this weekend..

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
24 Jul 2013 - 7:41 PM

Had an email yesterday saying that my order for Lomochrome Purple (35mm and 120!) is on it's way - should be a good weekend!

pablophotographer

start loading the gear, dwilkin, we are waiting shots from this new film!

monstersnowman
26 Jul 2013 - 6:03 AM

As a veteran of 'going back to film' threads lets hope we actually see some results .. After 2 or 3 years of watching these threads I haven't seen a single shot from the excited people announcing their return to film. I think for many, the nostalgia promises far more than the reality. (Puts tin hat on - but it's true).

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 26 Jul 2013 - 6:04 AM
SteveCharles
26 Jul 2013 - 9:19 AM

I haven't returned to film because I never completely stopped using it, and have been using it more and more in the last couple of years. Nostalgia has nothing to do with it, I prefer it for a lot of things. I'd have to link to F****r to show you my film photos, but here's one which isn't very recent, but kind of relevant as the subjects are 3 EPZ members, including on the right the very Mr Dwilkin from 3 comments up Smile

4611311156-f6b4e0a60e.jpg

pablophotographer

Another 3 frames today, the 24-frame film is very close to the end, I am using the bonus space, I am on exposure 26 I think now. 27 is the maximum I get from it normally. On my trip to Asia I was given a half frame Olympus Pen and the normal 36 exposure film got me nearly 80 frames; I had started to shoot pairs of items (like a saddle of a bicycle and a saddle of a motorcycle,or different helmets as we used scooters) thinking that a print would contain both the frames but actually modern digital printing gave us separate 6x4 prints; I had lost the pairs after the middle of shooting, well I had a good reason for being distracted.

dwilkin
dwilkin  724249 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Jul 2013 - 6:34 PM

Hey! I remember that day - that was shortly before the Security Guard chased us off. We should do another 'One Camera, One Lens' meet some time - actually, what I'd quite like to do is have everybody use the same camera (maybe an Olympus Trip 35, as they're plentiful and fairly cheap) and the same type of film, so that the only difference is the wetware behind the camera....

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.