Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

When was the last time you used your film camera?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

SteveCharles
26 Jul 2013 - 10:51 PM

... or disposables, something everyone can definitely buy the same thing of, cheaply.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Jul 2013 - 10:51 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer

yesterday! I visited a park with another two friends. 2 film cameras, 1 digital. i think by when I had shot one pic, my friend with the digital had shot 75 .. I managed 26 frames, I can't imagine how many he shot, although I used his camera to take pictures of him also. I am so happy that I have not purchased a Nikon D3100 myself lol, I still can't get to know which combination of buttons changed aperture and which (different) button combination changes shutter speed, lol. I must give two films for developing and printing now.

monstersnowman
31 Jul 2013 - 3:54 AM

I'm sure you would have got used to the button configuration in a very short time. Not sure whether you think his having shot a lot more images is a good thing or bad thing. Personally the freedom to shoot more is a great thing, especially when he didn't have the processing costs. At the end of the day it's getting nice images, and nothing to do with who managed to shoot less or more.

pablophotographer

My friend kindly sent me the pictures, and I got my 2 films and prints today. I am glad I had only 49 and a half images rather than the bulk he sent me, from which about 150 went to the recycle bin. I think a photographer saves time if he edits a picture before he even shoots it. O.k. I am slow sometimes; yesterday I missed a plump lady resting/sitting on a fat pole. I cocked the shutter but didn't fire it. I finally used my SLR camera today.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Aug 2013 - 12:40 PM

Quote: I missed a plump lady resting/sitting on a fat pole

Poor chap! Grin

Andysnapper
Andysnapper e2 Member 697 forum postsAndysnapper vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Aug 2013 - 3:27 PM

^^^ Tee Hee

I took my Fuji GW690 to Canada with me to shoot some lovely 6x9 landscapes and shot 13 films (so 104 shots in all) over 3 weeks. I did however also shoot about 4000 digital shots as well.
Truth be told I'm happier with the digital shots except for a couple from the Fuji.

This one

and this

Andy

pablophotographer

Bravo Andy! I do think that own developing would be the answer to woes. I can imagine how you can shot 4,000 pictures but I can't imagine sorting them out and processing them. Good lighting conditions yesterday and today helped me shot some indoor frames with natural light, I think 6 in total.

pablophotographer

Another two frames shot today, getting closer to the end of the roll.

dwilkin
dwilkin e2 Member 724249 forum postsdwilkin vcard United Kingdom
18 Aug 2013 - 3:43 PM

the-road-goes-ever-on.jpg

Fuji GW690II with Lomochrome Purple, on top of Devils Dyke, Sussex...

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
18 Aug 2013 - 4:01 PM

Great camera; totally weird film… Wink

pablophotographer

Lomo Purple? it may take me some time, lol

managed to finish the roll yesterday, it had 2 frames left...

pablophotographer

Today, I thought even of not recording the settings on this B&W roll. The grim ripper shot in the loving memory of my uncle. Nature and other oddities from the places I have passed and lived.

pablophotographer

today I finished a roll of black and white Kodak BW400CN after visiting a photographic exhibition. I shall take it for development on Monday.

randomrubble
8 Sep 2013 - 10:48 PM

Shot a roll of Ektar yesterday, in my Contax 159, to try out a couple of recent lens purchases. A pair of Tamron SPs, a late 17mm & 35-105 f/2.8. Very impressed with both lenses, and starting to get a little hooked on the Adaptall-2 lenses.

randomrubble
9 Sep 2013 - 2:18 PM

A couple of shots of the Turner Contemporary in Margate, taken Saturday on Ektar 100, with a Contax 159MM & Tamron SP17mm f/3.5... the lens was a very nice find for £50, I think.

turner-contempoary.jpg

turner-contemporary-2.jpg

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.