Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Where are all the Nikon 300mm f/4's

6 May 2012 8:06PM
Hi Gang
Cannot source one anywhere new, with our big retailers --anyone know of any smaller trustworthy shops thats got stock or worth a ring
Cheers Dave

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ian White e2
12 177 United Kingdom
6 May 2012 8:23PM
www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk in Watford may help they have one on the website,hope that helps

All the best,Ian
6 May 2012 9:17PM
Thanks for that Ian
Your right ---seems like a good company to deal with as well --just read some feedback from an earlier thread --will ring them first thing Tues
Thanks again Ian for your time and best Regards
Dave
Ian White e2
12 177 United Kingdom
6 May 2012 9:49PM
No Problem only used them for bags and bits and bobs but never had any trouble with them,hope they cn help you out

Ian
wawatson e2
12 73
6 May 2012 9:56PM
Ffordes also show one on their website ... http://www.ffordes.co.uk/product/10072316359949
thewilliam e2
6 4.9k
6 May 2012 11:51PM
Also with the Olympics coming up, I'd expect the secondhand value of all telephotos to harden.
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
7 May 2012 6:27AM
....there is a second hand one for sale in the classifieds if that helps.
7 May 2012 8:11AM
Grays of Westminster appear to have them in at 995 with the usual Grays extended warranty.
7 May 2012 1:01PM
Thanks for your time and replys everyone --looks like i have more choice than i thought i would have --i live near Manchester and telephoned most of my local shops-- even Wex and the jessops chain have no stock -- they all seem to be waiting for shipments to arrive so i did think i was in for a wait -- so happy days.

Ive seen the one you have in the classifieds Mike and i know that it will be in mint condition -- [i had a 50mm off you last year that was perfect ] this is a present off the wife for my birthday and she insists on new with a warranty so i am not complaining --

Cheers again
Dave
MikeRC e2
9 3.5k United Kingdom
7 May 2012 1:48PM

Quote:i had a 50mm off you last year that was perfect ]

...nice one Dave...I didn't recognize the name.

Quote:she insists on new with a warranty

...ah yes but the difference would buy you the best of Nikon's converters Smile

anyway...all the best....Mike
robs e2
11 660 2 United Kingdom
8 May 2012 9:35PM
If I sell my 5D and Sigma 135-400 Mike... I may well have that off you!
Cagey75 e2
3 42 Ireland
8 May 2012 10:57PM
I have seen some going on ebay for just under 1000.
CCullen e2
3 34 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2012 3:00PM
got mine 2 weeks ago from Warehouse express - they were the only retailer with them in stock and had about 8 if I recall.....
21 Jun 2012 8:03PM
Eventually decided to get the one MikeRC was advertising in the classifieds --had trouble with Nikon service dept recently and decided the warranty with Nikon is not worth the paper its written on ---so glad i did -- Mike is a great bloke and the lens is absolute mint as Mike said --got a converter from Calumet and still had change from the price of a new one.
So thanks again for all your replies
Dave

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.