Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Where have all my plugins gone?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    MiqsPix
    MiqsPix  340 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2013 - 5:53 PM

Since updating Lightroom recently I now find my plugins have all gone e.g Nik software, Photomatix, Perfect Effects etc.  They are all still in my applications folder but don't show in LR's plugin manager so I cannot access them now.  How can I reinstall and get them back please?  I am running LR v4.3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2013 - 5:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

whatsthisbuttondo
    whatsthisbuttondo e2 Member 3whatsthisbuttondo vcard England
    7 Feb 2013 - 8:43 PM

Same thing with mine when upgraded elementsSad

MiqsPix
    MiqsPix  340 forum posts United Kingdom
    8 Feb 2013 - 1:54 PM

Because these plugins sat in my applications folder I worked my way round to reinstall them into Lightroom. Firstly using the option below I directed my LR prefs to these items with didn't have a recognisable plugin file and it worked. For the plugins that did have a visible plugin file I just copied and placed into my LR plugin folder and this worked also. The example below refers to Color Efex Pro but the same procedure applies to any.

*The option to automatically register Color Efex Pro 3.0 as an external editor for Lightroom is only available if Lightroom is detected during installation. Color Efex Pro 3.0 can be manually added as an external editor to Lightroom with the instructions below.

Adding Color Efex Pro 3.0 to Lightroom as an External Editor
    1. Open the Preferences in Lightroom.
    2. Click the External Editing tab.
    3. In the Additional External Editor section select a desired File Format, Color Space, Bit Depth, Resolution, and Compression.
    4. Click on Choose to select an application. Navigate to the location of Color Efex Pro 3.0.
    5. Select the Color Efex Pro 3.0 file and click Choose.
    6. Under the Preset drop-down menu select Save Current Settings as New Preset... and name the Preset.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.