Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which arctic butterfly

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kit-monster
    kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2008 - 12:10 PM

I've been using pec pads and eclipse fluid (coppermine) method for the last four years and not had a problem. I have however lost my plastic spatula and need to restock on supplies. Although I'm happy with my cleaning process it's not always been practical especially when away for home. I've decided a year or so ago to get an arctic butterfly. But which one? I'm a little confused. I thought their was one brush and now it turns out that VisibleDust have a whole range of brushes. I mostly use a 1.3 crop and occasionally use a 1.6 crop and have aspirations for a full frame sensor. Which one should I get?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Feb 2008 - 12:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2008 - 12:33 PM

Arctic Butterfly - 724 should be fine

DaveU
    DaveU e2 Member 81339 forum postsDaveU vcard England121 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2008 - 12:57 PM

Agree with Cole .... I bought one at Focus yesterday. I have'nt dared use it yet though after reading a few horror stories of it smudging chamber oil onto the sensor cover.

kit-monster
    kit-monster e2 Member 103685 forum postskit-monster vcard Singapore2 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2008 - 1:20 PM

So I don't have to worry about the sensor size? The 724 is one size fits all?

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Feb 2008 - 1:34 PM

Don't think you need to worry about that. Just go through it couple of times...Smile

kit-monster
    25 Feb 2008 - 1:59 PM

Cheers.

shawnsphotos
    25 Feb 2008 - 3:26 PM

Quote: Agree with Cole .... I bought one at Focus yesterday. I have'nt dared use it yet though after reading a few horror stories of it smudging chamber oil onto the sensor cover.

Yes its very effecient a getting the lubricant from your shutter to the sensor. Just make sure the bristles stay in view on the sensor and you will be fine.

For what its worth I have gone back to the air blower, pads and eclips fluid with the ocasional use of the spec grabber.

Shawn

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.