Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Which arctic butterfly

kit-monster e2
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
25 Feb 2008 12:10PM
I've been using pec pads and eclipse fluid (coppermine) method for the last four years and not had a problem. I have however lost my plastic spatula and need to restock on supplies. Although I'm happy with my cleaning process it's not always been practical especially when away for home. I've decided a year or so ago to get an arctic butterfly. But which one? I'm a little confused. I thought their was one brush and now it turns out that VisibleDust have a whole range of brushes. I mostly use a 1.3 crop and occasionally use a 1.6 crop and have aspirations for a full frame sensor. Which one should I get?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
25 Feb 2008 12:33PM
Arctic Butterfly - 724 should be fine
25 Feb 2008 12:57PM
Agree with Cole .... I bought one at Focus yesterday. I have'nt dared use it yet though after reading a few horror stories of it smudging chamber oil onto the sensor cover.
kit-monster e2
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
25 Feb 2008 1:20PM
So I don't have to worry about the sensor size? The 724 is one size fits all?
Coleslaw e2
9 13.4k 28 Wales
25 Feb 2008 1:34PM
Don't think you need to worry about that. Just go through it couple of times...Smile
kit-monster e2
11 3.7k 2 Singapore
25 Feb 2008 1:59PM
Cheers.
25 Feb 2008 3:26PM

Quote:Agree with Cole .... I bought one at Focus yesterday. I have'nt dared use it yet though after reading a few horror stories of it smudging chamber oil onto the sensor cover.

Yes its very effecient a getting the lubricant from your shutter to the sensor. Just make sure the bristles stay in view on the sensor and you will be fine.

For what its worth I have gone back to the air blower, pads and eclips fluid with the ocasional use of the spec grabber.

Shawn

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.