Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Which David Bowie album?

MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
16 Jul 2010 7:06PM
Love all his early stuff!

Was privileged to see him in 1972 on his Ziggy Stardust tour - AWESOME!!
(SEE! Being old does have its advantages!) Wink

Can't split Ziggy, Hunky Dory and Aladdin Sane.

Fav tracks ever - Changes! Smile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
16 Jul 2010 7:31PM

Quote:Was privileged to see him in 1972 on his Ziggy Stardust tour - AWESOME!!

grrr when he played Sheffield on the Ziggy tour 1973 I think, I was 12 years old. I'd been to see a gig the week before it might have been Mott the Hoople. My next door neighbour had a spare ticket and asked my mum if I'd like to go. She said no he's already been to one this week! So I missed a legendary gig - I was gutted. I wasn't allowed to go and see Lou Reed either :-(
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
16 Jul 2010 7:42PM
Lou Reed didn't make it as far as Preston - but if you saw Mott the Hoople, was that not the tour with Queen as support band?

I saw them in '72 too!

(me - bragging - would I do that!) Wink Wink
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
16 Jul 2010 7:56PM

Quote:Mott the Hoople, was that not the tour with Queen as support band?

No I never saw Queen. I think I got the gig near Bowie wrong....it's all a blur. Just looked up Mott the Hoople albums and I must have seen them in 1974 because it was for The Hoople album tour.
MrsS 8 4.5k 18 England
16 Jul 2010 7:58PM
Now if you had been just a few years older you'd have managed to see all the bands that I did Wink

Even got drunk with Sabbath once! Grin

But that's another tale - - - - Tongue
sharonf 8 87 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2010 9:09PM
oooh! diamond dogs album and aladdin sane, i love all his music though i have to say, fab.
ketch e2
7 770 50 Turks And Caicos Islands
16 Jul 2010 9:13PM
Yes it was Mott being supported by Queen - remember seeing them in Plymouth and thinking who are this support band?? (I was knee high to a grasshopper) same year saw Bowie at the Metro Club in Plymouth must have been Hunky Dory time - so around 74??
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
16 Jul 2010 9:20PM

Quote:Was privileged to see him in 1972 on his Ziggy Stardust tour - AWESOME!!

Lol me as well Smile

I dumped all my old vinyl stuff just a few months ago. Was feeling a bit guilty of all the bargains I`d picked at a local charity shop so gave them the lot, except two.

I still have the Honey Drippers volume one that has a manufacturing fault, two A side stickers and rare Smile

The other album by a band called Twelfth Night that I`ve been planing to give to an old friend but have not yet plucked up the courage Smile

In the early Eighties this friends band where left gutted loosing there place playing at Reading festival to Twelfth Night and I don`t think they ever got over it Smile

As for Bowie, I don`t think I have a fav.
stevie e2
10 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2010 9:40PM
No doubt this lot will bring back a few memories:
1970s.jpg

Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
16 Jul 2010 9:50PM

Quote:No doubt this lot will bring back a few memories:

Certainly does I had all those four albums. Do you still have the sticker with Dark Side of the Moon?
Cristian 10 950 1
16 Jul 2010 10:25PM
Stevie - Nice collection of albums. Got all 4 too, vinyl & CD. Funny but I've had Transformer on my ipod for the last week or so, great album, I'd forgotten how great it was. The first 4 Roxy albums are classics, ever heard Bowies cover of "If There Was Something"?

Paul

Quote:The other album by a band called Twelfth Night
Gatefold sleeve? I have it too somewhere, I think the band were local to me.

I was too young to see the early Bowie tours, an early 80's child really, but when all my mates were listening to Duran Duran, I was deep into Bowie, Iggy, early Roxy/Eno, Yes & the fab four. Remember my mates getting excited over Bowies China Girl and me saying it was a cover and that Bowie's back catalogue was much much better.
Camairish 9 1.3k Scotland
16 Jul 2010 11:13PM
Have most of the early seventies stuff but my favourite album has to be Station to Station. If I remember it took a bit of getting in to but this is the one I'll never get tired of listening to. Liked Christiane F too, bleak and depressing as it was.
Paul Morgan e2
13 15.7k 6 England
16 Jul 2010 11:26PM

Quote:Gatefold sleeve? I have it too somewhere, I think the band were local to me

Yes, both bands local to Reading Smile
stevie e2
10 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2010 6:22AM

Quote:Certainly does I had all those four albums. Do you still have the sticker with Dark Side of the Moon?

Yes! Still in the 12" album sleeve 36-37 years after purchase!!
stevie e2
10 1.2k 2 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2010 6:29AM

Quote:Stevie - Nice collection of albums. Got all 4 too, vinyl & CD

Bet you prefer them on vinyl (I do) - I'm convinced it's all the crackling before the music bursts into life and the thump, thump, thump that indicates the need to turn the record over!!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.