Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which ePHOTOzine sub menu do you use?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
30 Mar 2010 - 4:26 PM

We have put a poll together to find out what you think about the 'Stationary Sub Menu'.

What is the 'Stationary Sub Menu'?

This is the light blue area of the main menu of ePHOTOzine that is visible on all the newly upgraded areas of the site. It provides links to pages that are within a given area (ie: forums, photos, community). The same links are also provided by white drop-down menus when you move your mouse over one of the main areas in the menu. The 'Stationary Sub Menu' can be expanded and collapsed using the white arrow at the bottom of it.

Here is a picture of the 'Stationary Sub Menu':

untitled-1.jpg

What we want to know

We want to know if you prefer using the 'stationary sub menu' or the drop-down menu. You can tell us by answering the following poll.

http://www.ephotozine.com/polls

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Mar 2010 - 4:26 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

discreetphoton
discreetphoton Site Moderator 93452 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 4:56 PM

I think that until we have a recent activity section for the mobile site, the stationary sub is a must. Otherwise, I have to bookmark almost every page to get to them.

roxpix
roxpix  102236 forum posts Scotland11 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 5:00 PM

The Poll question implies I can switch to drop down menu option even on upgraded areas of the site!! how do I do this?

We want to know which menu you use in the newly upgraded areas of ePHOTOzine, the drop-down sub menu or the stationary sub menu.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72345 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
30 Mar 2010 - 5:02 PM

Quote: The Poll question implies I can switch to drop down menu option even on upgraded areas of the site!! how do I do this?

We want to know which menu you use in the newly upgraded areas of ePHOTOzine, the drop-down sub menu or the stationary sub menu.

You can hide the stationary one by clicking the white arrow in it. Then when you hover of one of the main menu items (ie: Forums, Photos, Community, etc) you will get a drop down version of it.

roxpix
30 Mar 2010 - 5:06 PM

Quote: You can hide the stationary one by clicking the white arrow in it. Then when you hover of one of the main menu items (ie: Forums, Photos, Community, etc) you will get a drop down version of it.

Ah you tease!! I thought we could get the proper drop down menu back as seen in gallery etcSad
Whoever thought that a drop down menu where you not only have a down action but then a left/right action was a good idea needs therapy Grin

dcash29
dcash29  81904 forum posts England
30 Mar 2010 - 5:11 PM

Quote: I thought we could get the proper drop down menu back as seen in gallery etc
Whoever thought that a drop down menu where you not only have a down action but then a left/right action was a good idea needs therapy

I have to agree

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 5:29 PM

Maybe Im missing something but everytime I use the new menu I cant get to the Photo Gallery..ie. the most recently uploaded images.....I just get the option for all the Galleries that show the best pictures?
Please correct me if im wrong.

Last Modified By lawbert at 30 Mar 2010 - 5:30 PM
roxpix
30 Mar 2010 - 5:33 PM

Quote: Maybe Im missing something but everytime I use the new menu I cant get to the Photo Gallery..ie. the most recently uploaded images.....I just get the option for all the Galleries that show the best pictures?

Exactly my point, from the forum pages you have to hover over 'photos' then when the drop down appears you need to navigate down and to the left to select 'photography gallery', its great fun Sad

For some reason the main gallery isn't included under 'Browse Galleries' but under 'Popular Pages' instead

Last Modified By roxpix at 30 Mar 2010 - 5:37 PM
sut68
sut68  101994 forum posts England76 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 5:39 PM

Quote: Maybe Im missing something but everytime I use the new menu I cant get to the Photo Gallery..ie. the most recently uploaded images.....I just get the option for all the Galleries that show the best pictures?

Just got to Photos > Popular Pages > Photography Gallery ... must confess it took me a little while too Smile

User_Removed
30 Mar 2010 - 5:55 PM

Preferred the older version, more pleasing to the eye .

lawbert
lawbert  71713 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 6:01 PM

Quote:
Just got to Photos > Popular Pages > Photography Gallery ... must confess it took me a little while too Smile

Thanks for that...Ive found it nowSmile .... Not very intuitive is it and a bit misleading Wink

Campervanman
Campervanman e2 Member 6714 forum postsCampervanman vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 7:36 PM

No it's not intuitive. Why isn't the Photography Gallery included with all the other galleries? Not everyone know it's one of the popular pages.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 7:51 PM

Quote: Whoever thought that a drop down menu where you not only have a down action but then a left/right action was a good idea needs therapy

I must be missing something. You can move all over the page and select links anywhere. Why does it make it more difficult to do the same thing if its a menu ?

roxpix
30 Mar 2010 - 7:55 PM

Quote: I must be missing something. You can move all over the page and select links anywhere. Why does it make it more difficult to do the same thing if its a menu ?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should have to

You can drive a 3 wheel car but its better with 4

Last Modified By roxpix at 30 Mar 2010 - 7:57 PM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014128 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Mar 2010 - 8:02 PM

But if you have a small screen the drop downs - drop off the bottom of the screen, that's why I find it a lot easier to use as there were options on the photo menu I could never access with the old system.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.