Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Which ePHOTOzine sub menu do you use?

30 Mar 2010 4:26PM
We have put a poll together to find out what you think about the 'Stationary Sub Menu'.

What is the 'Stationary Sub Menu'?

This is the light blue area of the main menu of ePHOTOzine that is visible on all the newly upgraded areas of the site. It provides links to pages that are within a given area (ie: forums, photos, community). The same links are also provided by white drop-down menus when you move your mouse over one of the main areas in the menu. The 'Stationary Sub Menu' can be expanded and collapsed using the white arrow at the bottom of it.

Here is a picture of the 'Stationary Sub Menu':

untitled-1.jpg

What we want to know

We want to know if you prefer using the 'stationary sub menu' or the drop-down menu. You can tell us by answering the following poll.

http://www.ephotozine.com/polls

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

discreetphoton e2
10 3.5k 20 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2010 4:56PM
I think that until we have a recent activity section for the mobile site, the stationary sub is a must. Otherwise, I have to bookmark almost every page to get to them.
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
30 Mar 2010 5:00PM
The Poll question implies I can switch to drop down menu option even on upgraded areas of the site!! how do I do this?

We want to know which menu you use in the newly upgraded areas of ePHOTOzine, the drop-down sub menu or the stationary sub menu.
30 Mar 2010 5:02PM

Quote:The Poll question implies I can switch to drop down menu option even on upgraded areas of the site!! how do I do this?

We want to know which menu you use in the newly upgraded areas of ePHOTOzine, the drop-down sub menu or the stationary sub menu.

You can hide the stationary one by clicking the white arrow in it. Then when you hover of one of the main menu items (ie: Forums, Photos, Community, etc) you will get a drop down version of it.
30 Mar 2010 5:06PM

Quote:You can hide the stationary one by clicking the white arrow in it. Then when you hover of one of the main menu items (ie: Forums, Photos, Community, etc) you will get a drop down version of it.

Ah you tease!! I thought we could get the proper drop down menu back as seen in gallery etcSad
Whoever thought that a drop down menu where you not only have a down action but then a left/right action was a good idea needs therapy Grin
dcash29 9 1.9k England
30 Mar 2010 5:11PM

Quote:I thought we could get the proper drop down menu back as seen in gallery etc
Whoever thought that a drop down menu where you not only have a down action but then a left/right action was a good idea needs therapy

I have to agree
lawbert 7 1.7k 15 England
30 Mar 2010 5:29PM
Maybe Im missing something but everytime I use the new menu I cant get to the Photo Gallery..ie. the most recently uploaded images.....I just get the option for all the Galleries that show the best pictures?
Please correct me if im wrong.
30 Mar 2010 5:33PM

Quote:Maybe Im missing something but everytime I use the new menu I cant get to the Photo Gallery..ie. the most recently uploaded images.....I just get the option for all the Galleries that show the best pictures?

Exactly my point, from the forum pages you have to hover over 'photos' then when the drop down appears you need to navigate down and to the left to select 'photography gallery', its great fun Sad

For some reason the main gallery isn't included under 'Browse Galleries' but under 'Popular Pages' instead
sut68 e2
11 2.0k 76 England
30 Mar 2010 5:39PM

Quote:Maybe Im missing something but everytime I use the new menu I cant get to the Photo Gallery..ie. the most recently uploaded images.....I just get the option for all the Galleries that show the best pictures?

Just got to Photos > Popular Pages > Photography Gallery ... must confess it took me a little while too Smile
User_Removed 5 718 9 England
30 Mar 2010 5:55PM
Preferred the older version, more pleasing to the eye .
lawbert 7 1.7k 15 England
30 Mar 2010 6:01PM

Quote:
Just got to Photos > Popular Pages > Photography Gallery ... must confess it took me a little while too Smile

Thanks for that...Ive found it nowSmile .... Not very intuitive is it and a bit misleading Wink
Campervanman e2
7 717 1 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2010 7:36PM
No it's not intuitive. Why isn't the Photography Gallery included with all the other galleries? Not everyone know it's one of the popular pages.
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2010 7:51PM

Quote:Whoever thought that a drop down menu where you not only have a down action but then a left/right action was a good idea needs therapy

I must be missing something. You can move all over the page and select links anywhere. Why does it make it more difficult to do the same thing if its a menu ?
30 Mar 2010 7:55PM

Quote:I must be missing something. You can move all over the page and select links anywhere. Why does it make it more difficult to do the same thing if its a menu ?

Just because you can doesn't mean you should have to

You can drive a 3 wheel car but its better with 4
lobsterboy e2
10 14.2k 13 United Kingdom
30 Mar 2010 8:02PM
But if you have a small screen the drop downs - drop off the bottom of the screen, that's why I find it a lot easier to use as there were options on the photo menu I could never access with the old system.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.