Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which Epz Tog's Images Have Inspired You To Improve Yours?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    lawbert
    lawbert  71641 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2013 - 6:16 PM

Is there a tog on epz who's images have inspired your photography? and ultimately improved it?

If so...Why and how have you taken elements of their style and included it in your own images?

For me its Adrian Kennerley tomcat

His backgrounds are inspiring on both wildlife and macro images and have made me think before I press the shutter on how the BG is going to turn out and how it will make the subject stand out better in the image.

Post an image if you like to show your improvements....and of course a link to the tog for reference to thier work.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    25 Nov 2013 - 6:16 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JimL
    JimL e2 Member 777 forum postsJimL vcard United Kingdom
    25 Nov 2013 - 6:44 PM

"Cheesy". this fella is my inspiration and one day I maybe nearly half as good as him, maybe.

justin c
    justin c  104505 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2013 - 7:03 PM

The following photographer, is one who's creativity, photographic skill and technical perfection leaves me in awe every time I view one of his images.

This image
    would have to be one of my favourites and it leaves me filled with inspiration every time I see it. Photography at it's very best, IMHO, and a standard to aspire to.

Last Modified By justin c at 25 Nov 2013 - 7:05 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2013 - 7:12 PM

This member has helped me change the way I attempt close up nature maratsuikka My more abstract fungi shots are influenced by his work - different subject but a similar way of exploring

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    lawbert
    25 Nov 2013 - 7:16 PM

Quote: The following photographer, is one who's creativity, photographic skill and technical perfection leaves me in awe every time I view one of his images.

This image would have to be one of my favourites and it leaves me filled with inspiration every time I see it. Photography at it's very best, IMHO, and a standard to aspire to.

I couldnt think of a better way of highlighting you struggling in the shallow end JC than by highlighting you GreenTongue

Right...Im off to order a Knob of my preference opposed to the ones that turn upWinkTongueTongueTongue

lawbert
    25 Nov 2013 - 7:22 PM

Quote: This member has helped me change the way I attempt close up nature maratsuikka My more abstract fungi shots are influenced by his work - different subject but a similar way of exploring

Indeed maratsuikka has a very unique and individual style.

Have You an Image of yours Pete to show the influence of his work in your fungi images?

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1218416 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2013 - 7:50 PM

Quote: Have You an Image of yours Pete to show the influence of his work in your fungi images?

Yes this sort of thing...

2-fungi.jpg
    I would previously have "gardened" the photo to remove aspects and make the subject very clean

c40uk
    c40uk e2 Member 68 forum postsc40uk vcard United Kingdom
    25 Nov 2013 - 8:48 PM

love this fellas work
    http://www.ephotozine.com/user/ade-mcfade-18097

Paintman
    Paintman e2 Member 7790 forum postsPaintman vcard United Kingdom171 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2013 - 9:03 PM

Adam Burton

Mark Bauer

Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith 2

These photographers have had an influence on my work, particularly the first couple of years of my joining this site. The subject matter, compositions and look of their work connected with me.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014556 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Nov 2013 - 10:34 PM

Just to annoy him....

http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/two-trees-5210034

Wink

Seem to end up here more often than I should - and it's all Keith's fault Wink

MalcolmS
    MalcolmS e2 Member 81059 forum postsMalcolmS vcard England13 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Nov 2013 - 11:56 AM

Undoubtedly Dougie, who unfortunately passed away in 2007.

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85748 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Nov 2013 - 4:10 PM

First of all, to be included in the OP's original post has truly surprised and humbled meBlush

When I first joined the site, I reckon the two photographers who gave me the inspiration to improve were/are Ade Osman and Cheryl Surry

Ade for his bird photography at the time and Cheryl for some invaluable technical help (her wildlife photography needs no introduction)

cameracat
    cameracat  108575 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    26 Nov 2013 - 9:42 PM

The one photographer who keeps me inspired is " Cameracat " Smile

He inspires me to keep trying and maybe just maybe I'll improve in time Grin

Wink

Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Nov 2013 - 7:47 AM

Loads over the years:
    Alleycatz
    Andytvcams (sadly no longer with us)
    Coleslaw
    Culturedcanvas
    Ian Munro
    Phil Morgan
    Chase
    DaveU
    PeterKemp
    Victorhabbick
    Paul Stefan (I found EPZ after he mentioned it in an article in one of the magazines)
    keithH
    Albi
    kitsch

To name but a few, unfortunately very few continue to post on EPZ Sad, where are they now?

fazzer
    fazzer e2 Member 426 forum postsfazzer vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    27 Nov 2013 - 6:53 PM

Derek ,Charlotte and Simon (Burnblue) for me , love their work Smile

Last Modified By fazzer at 27 Nov 2013 - 6:56 PM
    • «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.