Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Which Epz Tog's Images Have Inspired You To Improve Yours?

lawbert 7 1.7k 15 England
25 Nov 2013 6:16PM
Is there a tog on epz who's images have inspired your photography? and ultimately improved it?

If so...Why and how have you taken elements of their style and included it in your own images?

For me its Adrian Kennerley tomcat

His backgrounds are inspiring on both wildlife and macro images and have made me think before I press the shutter on how the BG is going to turn out and how it will make the subject stand out better in the image.

Post an image if you like to show your improvements....and of course a link to the tog for reference to thier work.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JimL e2
7 83 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2013 6:44PM
"Cheesy". this fella is my inspiration and one day I maybe nearly half as good as him, maybe.
justin c 10 4.5k 36 England
25 Nov 2013 7:03PM
The following photographer, is one who's creativity, photographic skill and technical perfection leaves me in awe every time I view one of his images.

This image
would have to be one of my favourites and it leaves me filled with inspiration every time I see it. Photography at it's very best, IMHO, and a standard to aspire to.
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
25 Nov 2013 7:12PM
This member has helped me change the way I attempt close up nature maratsuikka My more abstract fungi shots are influenced by his work - different subject but a similar way of exploring
25 Nov 2013 7:16PM

Quote:The following photographer, is one who's creativity, photographic skill and technical perfection leaves me in awe every time I view one of his images.

This image would have to be one of my favourites and it leaves me filled with inspiration every time I see it. Photography at it's very best, IMHO, and a standard to aspire to.

I couldnt think of a better way of highlighting you struggling in the shallow end JC than by highlighting you GreenTongue

Right...Im off to order a Knob of my preference opposed to the ones that turn upWinkTongueTongueTongue
25 Nov 2013 7:22PM

Quote:This member has helped me change the way I attempt close up nature maratsuikka My more abstract fungi shots are influenced by his work - different subject but a similar way of exploring

Indeed maratsuikka has a very unique and individual style.

Have You an Image of yours Pete to show the influence of his work in your fungi images?
Pete e2
13 18.5k 96 England
25 Nov 2013 7:50PM

Quote:Have You an Image of yours Pete to show the influence of his work in your fungi images?

Yes this sort of thing...

2-fungi.jpg

I would previously have "gardened" the photo to remove aspects and make the subject very clean
c40uk 1 82 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2013 8:48PM
Paintman e2
8 876 173 United Kingdom
25 Nov 2013 9:03PM
Adam Burton

Mark Bauer

Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith 2

These photographers have had an influence on my work, particularly the first couple of years of my joining this site. The subject matter, compositions and look of their work connected with me.
ade_mcfade e2
10 14.8k 216 England
25 Nov 2013 10:34PM
Just to annoy him....

http://www.ephotozine.com/photo/two-trees-5210034

Wink

Seem to end up here more often than I should - and it's all Keith's fault Wink
MalcolmS e2
9 1.1k 13 England
26 Nov 2013 11:56AM
Undoubtedly Dougie , who unfortunately passed away in 2007.
tomcat e2
9 6.0k 15 United Kingdom
26 Nov 2013 4:10PM
First of all, to be included in the OP's original post has truly surprised and humbled meBlush

When I first joined the site, I reckon the two photographers who gave me the inspiration to improve were/are Ade Osman and Cheryl Surry

Ade for his bird photography at the time and Cheryl for some invaluable technical help (her wildlife photography needs no introduction)
cameracat 10 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
26 Nov 2013 9:42PM
The one photographer who keeps me inspired is " Cameracat " Smile

He inspires me to keep trying and maybe just maybe I'll improve in time Grin

Wink
Nick_w e2
7 3.9k 99 England
27 Nov 2013 7:47AM
Loads over the years:
Alleycatz
Andytvcams (sadly no longer with us)
Coleslaw
Culturedcanvas
Ian Munro
Phil Morgan
Chase
DaveU
PeterKemp
Victorhabbick
Paul Stefan (I found EPZ after he mentioned it in an article in one of the magazines)
keithH
Albi
kitsch

To name but a few, unfortunately very few continue to post on EPZ Sad, where are they now?
fazzer e2
5 37 6 United Kingdom
27 Nov 2013 6:53PM
Derek ,Charlotte and Simon (Burnblue) for me , love their work Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.