Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

which flash!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    clicknimagine
    3 Apr 2010 - 11:48 AM

i have prepared myself to purchase a flash, i have found one a cheap option called Yongnuo YN460-II as a speed light, power can be reduced to 1/64 level(1/20000 seconds), i have already purchased a cheap radio trigger from ebay to trigger the flash off camera for the use of any purpose, and also build a sound trigger with the help of a friend for high speed photography,

but as this flash is very cheapGrin, i am in a doubt, whether it is reliable or durable, can anybody please tell me? or is there any other way out?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Apr 2010 - 11:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

discreetphoton
    discreetphoton Site Moderator 93452 forum postsdiscreetphoton vcard United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Apr 2010 - 12:19 PM

As it doesn't appear to have any TTL communication modes, you may find it is a very steep learning curve. However, if you're into manual settings then it will be fine. Just be prepared to do a lot of moving between your shooting position and flash Smile

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
    clicknimagine
    3 Apr 2010 - 12:24 PM

thanks friend, yes it is manual, but i have not other option for TTL, or can you name some where i can find TTL and Manual assuming my budget is about $100...

Last Modified By clicknimagine at 3 Apr 2010 - 12:26 PM
    arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72231 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Apr 2010 - 2:13 PM

I use the Yongnuo speedlite alongside a 580EX2, and it is very reliable, unlike the radio triggers I also purchesed from them.
    As mentioned, no TTL, but also big contrast in power/light output when fired next to 580EX2.
    Suffice to say, when using at 1/64 power, it's not that bright.

clicknimagine

well thanks a lot friend, i have made a search through the web, i have found one called sunpak PZ42X, the cost is obviously more, but it has manual and TTL both, as well as the power can be reduced to 1/64 level, ( 1/13000 second ), will it be sufficient for high speed photography? if at the 1/64 power level Yongnuo can not produce sufficient brightness, then i think for high speed photography, it may not be very helpful, what do you all think?...

Last Modified By clicknimagine at 3 Apr 2010 - 2:27 PM
    arhb
    arhb e2 Member 72231 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom68 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Apr 2010 - 3:44 PM

That sunpak looks good for the price - recycle time being the only possible dis-advantage.
    As to whether 1/13000 is fast enough, for HSF work, contact Cognisys - I'm sure they will give you better answers than I can.

clicknimagine

thanks a lot friend, very helpful link you have given...

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.