Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which flat scanner is good?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    kombizz
    kombizz  9591 forum posts United States1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2011 - 6:34 AM

I searched in google and found a nice German one, Hasselblad Flextight X5 Scanner?
    I found it expensive, but not sure how good it is?
    Is it better than Nikon or Minolta one?
    Thanks

Last Modified By kombizz at 9 Nov 2011 - 6:38 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Nov 2011 - 6:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  46171 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2011 - 11:28 AM

If you want to spen $9,000 go ahead. At that price I can't be bothered finding out how good it is - and I bloody well hope it is better than Nikon ones.
    What research have you done?

keithh
    keithh  1022789 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2011 - 11:32 AM

No research required - one of the very best

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53536 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2011 - 1:36 PM

The a4 "Canon CanoScan LiDE 210 Scanner" is on my wish list £65. I'm just waiting for a reason to need it.

kombizz
    9 Nov 2011 - 2:03 PM

Quote: If you want to spen $9,000 go ahead. At that price I can't be bothered finding out how good it is - and I bloody well hope it is better than Nikon ones.
    What research have you done?

I am looking for high Res flat/ film scanner, and I found Canon CAN, so I might can!

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
    9 Nov 2011 - 3:53 PM

I have a Canon LiDE, it's dreadful.

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96221 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2011 - 3:56 PM

You can hire the Flextight by the hour at the Pro Centre in London for around £60

kombizz
    9 Nov 2011 - 6:10 PM

Quote: I have a Canon LiDE, it's dreadful.

What is the RES of it?
    Thanks

Railcam
    Railcam  7465 forum posts Scotland
    9 Nov 2011 - 8:35 PM

I use an Epson Perfection 4870 Photo, which gives excellent results. The current evolution is the V700 model or, if you can afford it, the V750. It seems to be well regarded in reviews.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1315548 forum posts England
    9 Nov 2011 - 9:05 PM

I've used many Epson models in our photo kiosks over the years, and they have all produced pretty good results. My old HP one was good as well, but not supported on Win7, so I bought the LiDE. It's rubbish.

classcams
    classcams  5117 forum posts
    10 Nov 2011 - 8:21 AM

Sometimes you can download a driver from EPSON to make your flatbed compatible. I Have an EPSON 4870 still in use.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62434 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    13 Nov 2011 - 4:20 PM

My guess is you want to scan slides.
    If so dedicated film scanners have a D max advantage over flat bed scanners.
    For 35mm slides the Minolta has had no support for years. The Nikon LS 5000 is out of production - and the software provided does not support anything later than Vista 32 bit.
    The Nikon LS 8000 for 35mm and medium format is still listed, but as far as I know is also limited to Vista 32 bit.
    On paper the recently introduced Reflecta RPS 7200 is better than the Minolta or LS 5000 but I know very little about the Reflecta.
    The price seems to be around £500. They are distributed in the UK by www.kenro.co.uk and have a D-max of 3.6 which from memory is not as good as Nikon.

Last Modified By LenShepherd at 13 Nov 2011 - 4:27 PM
    kombizz
    14 Nov 2011 - 6:04 AM

Quote: My guess is you want to scan slides.
    If so dedicated film scanners have a D max advantage over flat bed scanners.
    For 35mm slides the Minolta has had no support for years. The Nikon LS 5000 is out of production - and the software provided does not support anything later than Vista 32 bit.
    The Nikon LS 8000 for 35mm and medium format is still listed, but as far as I know is also limited to Vista 32 bit.
    On paper the recently introduced Reflecta RPS 7200 is better than the Minolta or LS 5000 but I know very little about the Reflecta.
    The price seems to be around £500. They are distributed in the UK by www.kenro.co.uk and have a D-max of 3.6 which from memory is not as good as Nikon.

Thank you for your recent info.

LenShepherd
    LenShepherd e2 Member 62434 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
    20 Nov 2011 - 8:32 PM

Quote:
    The price seems to be around £500.

It is listed by Park cameras at one penny less than £320 on page 49 Christmas supplement in the 26th November edition of AP.
    It would be nice if the Dmax was over 4.0 - especially if you have Velvia slides. On the other hand it should have more resolution at nearly half the price of the Nikon LS5000 when it was still on sale.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.