Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which lens

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

kenp
kenp  896 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 - 9:12 PM

The shot was taken at 8.00 at night and the aperture was F7,,,,1/60th,,,,,,,,,,not bad performance for a lens under 300!...I'm sorry I dont know about the VC, I never had any problems with shake . I would try for a second hand old version!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jun 2008 - 9:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

philstaff
philstaff  651 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 - 9:19 PM

Can you expect the same reusults from a Tamaron 18/250 it just offers more scope at the wider end of the lens which is what Im looking for in an all purpose lens.

kenp
10 Jun 2008 - 9:43 PM

I would like to think so!....optics are improving all the time,Im a big fan of Tamron, the build quality is good and price for price they are hard to beat...pity you couldn't borrow one for a few test shots!......good luck with whatever you choose and I'm sure you will get the best out whatever you buy!....all the best my friend!.......Ken

kenp
10 Jun 2008 - 9:51 PM

Try reading the review at ...........PopPhoto.com............They were quite impressed...........Ken

javam
javam  91083 forum posts United Kingdom19 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jun 2008 - 10:10 PM

Personally I would rather lug 3 decent lenses around all day and only end up using 1, than stick a super zoom on and compromise on all fronts.

An 18-200 is borderline for sweeping landscapes and a big step down from the 10-20 in that area, and not long enough at the other end for wildlife.

The 28-300 Tamron overlaps with your current lens but leaves you with a big hole at the wide angle end after allowing from the crop factor.

I would look to replace the kit lens with the recently announced Pentax 17-70mm when it comes out as that will give you complete coverage from 10-300mm with your current lenses. Then buy a bag (I would recommend a lowepro slingshot 200) that is comfortable enough for the extra kit not to be an issue.

Neil

Last Modified By javam at 10 Jun 2008 - 10:11 PM
philstaff
10 Jun 2008 - 10:14 PM

Cheers Ken just read up the report and thats the 2nd positive report I have read to date.

philstaff
10 Jun 2008 - 10:19 PM

Thanks Neil I will check the new pentax lens out Im in no hurry.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.