Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Which lens

kenp 8 96 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 9:12PM
The shot was taken at 8.00 at night and the aperture was F7,,,,1/60th,,,,,,,,,,not bad performance for a lens under 300!...I'm sorry I dont know about the VC, I never had any problems with shake . I would try for a second hand old version!

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

philstaff 6 51 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 9:19PM
Can you expect the same reusults from a Tamaron 18/250 it just offers more scope at the wider end of the lens which is what Im looking for in an all purpose lens.
kenp 8 96 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 9:43PM
I would like to think so!....optics are improving all the time,Im a big fan of Tamron, the build quality is good and price for price they are hard to beat...pity you couldn't borrow one for a few test shots!......good luck with whatever you choose and I'm sure you will get the best out whatever you buy!....all the best my friend!.......Ken
kenp 8 96 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 9:51PM
Try reading the review at ...........PopPhoto.com............They were quite impressed...........Ken
javam e2
10 1.1k 19 United Kingdom
10 Jun 2008 10:10PM
Personally I would rather lug 3 decent lenses around all day and only end up using 1, than stick a super zoom on and compromise on all fronts.

An 18-200 is borderline for sweeping landscapes and a big step down from the 10-20 in that area, and not long enough at the other end for wildlife.

The 28-300 Tamron overlaps with your current lens but leaves you with a big hole at the wide angle end after allowing from the crop factor.

I would look to replace the kit lens with the recently announced Pentax 17-70mm when it comes out as that will give you complete coverage from 10-300mm with your current lenses. Then buy a bag (I would recommend a lowepro slingshot 200) that is comfortable enough for the extra kit not to be an issue.

Neil
10 Jun 2008 10:14PM
Cheers Ken just read up the report and thats the 2nd positive report I have read to date.
10 Jun 2008 10:19PM
Thanks Neil I will check the new pentax lens out Im in no hurry.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.