Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which lens cleaner to opt for?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Leightonhs
    Leightonhs e2 Member 7155 forum postsLeightonhs vcard 1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Aug 2009 - 6:44 PM

Hello everybody,

I'm scouring the web to find the most suitable lens cleaner, I'm looking for a liquid based solution and it's for my camcorder lens (so I'm guessing I can get away with buying SLR cleaning fluid?)
    My question is; which one to choose? Does anyone have any recommendations for a specific brand?

Thanks,

-Leighton.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Aug 2009 - 6:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob
    sherlob e2 Member 82309 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom125 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Aug 2009 - 6:52 PM

Not found any brand better than any other - although costco are doing a deal currently if you buy there lens cleaning fluid along with thier glasses cleaning kit, you get free refills. That said, it probably take me 5 years to empty one bottle!

I would recommend lens cleaning tissues in preference to microfibre lens cloths though...

Adam

Leightonhs
    Leightonhs e2 Member 7155 forum postsLeightonhs vcard 1 Constructive Critique Points
    30 Aug 2009 - 7:10 PM

Ah, free refills, that sounds interesting, I'll check out costco.
    Been looking through eBay and there's plenty of different stuff available there but you never know what is legit and what isn't.
    I'm in agreement with you about the microfibre lens cloths, they're awful, I bought one and used it on my lens only to make it a lot worse! It smeared it all up creating a bigger problem than I first had Sad

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.