Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which lens is good to accompany my Canon 50mm 1.8? HELP!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    TSM
    TSM  4
    9 Nov 2010 - 4:16 AM

Hi,

Currently I have a Canon 500d with a 135mm soft focus lens. The lens is really beautiful but; I don't use the soft focus feature EVER, I only bought it because it was a 'budget telephoto lens', and I just can't use this lens for portraits, you have to stand so far away. I'd rather just use a 50mm 1.8 - which is what I'm getting in replacement! So obviously I can't just have the standard 50mm lens as my main lens. So I need another lens to use which is good in tight spaces.

BUT - I have hardly much money. Therefore I need a lens which really isn't much money, but sharp, has a wide max aperture - and is excellent in tight spaces!

Budget is probably around... 150-300 (maybe a little more)

Any help guys?

Thanks!

Tasha x

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Nov 2010 - 4:16 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Nov 2010 - 8:12 AM

Looking at the sort of work you do, This would be the ideal lens for you, Almost fits your budget, Gives you f/2.8 for the arty stuff, Wide angle for tight spaces too.

Personally If you buy this lens, Chances are it would be all you need in most situations.

Wink

chrisheathcote
    chrisheathcote e2 Member 8241 forum postschrisheathcote vcard United Kingdom
    9 Nov 2010 - 8:41 AM

I recently bought the sigma lens as a replacement to my kit lens and as a general walk around lens. I agree that this lens will be all you need most of the time. It is F2.8 upto about 35-40mm. Very sharp and great colour

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.