Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Which lens is good to accompany my Canon 50mm 1.8? HELP!

TSM e2
4 7
9 Nov 2010 4:16AM
Hi,

Currently I have a Canon 500d with a 135mm soft focus lens. The lens is really beautiful but; I don't use the soft focus feature EVER, I only bought it because it was a 'budget telephoto lens', and I just can't use this lens for portraits, you have to stand so far away. I'd rather just use a 50mm 1.8 - which is what I'm getting in replacement! So obviously I can't just have the standard 50mm lens as my main lens. So I need another lens to use which is good in tight spaces.

BUT - I have hardly much money. Therefore I need a lens which really isn't much money, but sharp, has a wide max aperture - and is excellent in tight spaces!

Budget is probably around... 150-300 (maybe a little more)

Any help guys?

Thanks!

Tasha x

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

cameracat e2
11 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
9 Nov 2010 8:12AM
Looking at the sort of work you do, This would be the ideal lens for you , Almost fits your budget, Gives you f/2.8 for the arty stuff, Wide angle for tight spaces too.

Personally If you buy this lens, Chances are it would be all you need in most situations.

Wink
I recently bought the sigma lens as a replacement to my kit lens and as a general walk around lens. I agree that this lens will be all you need most of the time. It is F2.8 upto about 35-40mm. Very sharp and great colour

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.