Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which magazines do you buy ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2006 - 12:37 PM

After spending an afternoon sorting through half of an alarmingly large pile of photography magazines it became quite clear I have a 'problem', I buy too many.

I buy Digital Camera (currently my fave but nowhere near me sells it), Practical Photography (second favourite, great for novices and more experienced photographers) and Photography Monthly (very good but I find it a bit unwelcoming to newcomers to photography), I used to get Amateur Photography but gave up on that because I think it is far too expensive for the amount of articles you actually get especially once a week.

So which ones do you buy and why ? Do you subscribe? Are there any more out there I should know about ????

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Oct 2006 - 12:37 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014815 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2006 - 12:50 PM

none unless I'm on a long journey

c_evans99
c_evans99  117013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2006 - 12:50 PM

Miniature Camera Magazine, Photoguide Magazine, Creative Camera and SLR Camera...

JohnHawthorne
3 Oct 2006 - 12:59 PM

I subscribe to Photography Monthly which compliments my subscription to e2 membership. It's the only magazine I buy as usually I think they're a waste of money, but it's a good read especially when I don't have access to ePz. Yes, AP is way too expensive for what you get!

Geoffphoto
3 Oct 2006 - 1:00 PM

Q, Mojo , Vogue and any of the glossy travel mags like Wonderlust and Sunday Times Travel (for photography tips) I don't waste money on Photography mags.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2006 - 1:09 PM

I don't always buy every magazine each month, only if it's got something I'm interested in but it has happened sometimes, what I do though is cut out all the articles and technique tutorials etc etc and put them in a folder so I have the equivalent of an in depth photography manual.

My husband thinks I'm the world's saddest geek as I sit there tearing pages out of magazines and putting them in a catagorized folder.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014142 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2006 - 1:10 PM

Asian babes, Big and Bouncy, Knave and Hustler...

oh not that sort of magazine. In which case:

Photography Monthly (loads more to read than PP), EOS Magazine (lots of lovely Canon information) and FPME (Because Petes fleet of yachts won't pay for themselves).

raziel_uk
raziel_uk  104929 forum posts
3 Oct 2006 - 1:24 PM

I used to buy Pratical Photography and Digital Photo. Before that I bought Digital Camera magazine.

Then I realised that they soon start repeating themselves. Each spring you get varients on "Tips to get the best spring shots". Summer: "Advice on getting cracking shots of summer". Winter... ad nauseum. Most of which you can either get for free from sites like epz, or a book - but I'm not mentioning which one? :o)

ahollowa
ahollowa  101070 forum posts England
3 Oct 2006 - 1:25 PM

Outdoor photographer and EOS. Subscription to both. The digital mags are too technology focused. And what ever is in PM this month is in PP next (and vice versa).

cheers

Al.

BOB S
BOB S  122622 forum posts
3 Oct 2006 - 1:35 PM

NONE

BOB

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023041 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2006 - 1:38 PM

OP and EOS.

yoguko
yoguko  10302 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Oct 2006 - 1:40 PM

I was bored and bought Practical Photography, and then I remembered why I stopped buying it - it's crap.

c_evans99
c_evans99  117013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2006 - 1:43 PM

PP has been running the same monthly features since 1959. Smile

yoguko
yoguko  10302 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Oct 2006 - 1:44 PM

B&W magazine is good, very good, but a bit expensive.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
3 Oct 2006 - 1:51 PM

PM and OP but I'm starting to get a bit fed up with both as they seem to be copying each other rather too much...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.