Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which magazines do you buy ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2006 - 11:17 PM

No - I mean the real thing! Smile

Used to be an avid reader years ago... but very rarely bought a book! Wink

The public library used to be a part of my weekly routine. Not any more but I still wander in there very, very occasionally.

They still have the same books as they did when I was a kid! Lol!! Grin

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
4 Oct 2006 - 11:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2006 - 11:18 PM

Your library still has books ???!!!
My library only has the books left that nobody wanted to nick.

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225727 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2006 - 11:23 PM

Quote: My library only has the books left that nobody wanted to nick.

We are more refined dahn sowf! Smile)

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139390 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2006 - 11:25 PM

Yeah, yer right m8!! Smile

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2006 - 11:31 PM

i used to buy quite a few magazines mainly Practical Photography but these days i tend to not buy mags anymore and just look at their online sites - saves getting piles of magazines building up in my house - i think the only mag i've got recently was the What Digital Camera mag when i had a two page spread in the reader gallery after they saw my photo's on here.
i don't really need to buy mags now because epz has all i need =)

peter "morpyre" turner

Fishnet
Fishnet  104976 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2006 - 11:34 PM

But there is something nice about snuggling up on the sofa with a cup of tea and some Hob Nobs flicking through the glossy pages with all the pretty pictures, it's just not the same sat in front of a PC.

Morpyre
Morpyre e2 Member 91622 forum postsMorpyre vcard Wales8 Constructive Critique Points
4 Oct 2006 - 11:44 PM

i agree that im missing out on the physical action of flicking the pages but everything else i can have - the pint mug of tea, the pack of chocolate rich tea biscuits and my laptop and a long network cable stretching over to the sofa - i guess what i could do is have some random magazine next to me that i can periodically open and flick the pages to add a touch of realism while viewing the website pages =)
oh i know what i can do - have my epz book next to me as that has glossy pages =)

peter "morpyre" turner

raziel_uk
raziel_uk  104929 forum posts
5 Oct 2006 - 7:47 AM

The only reason for having the magazines is for future reference.

But then, if the same articles are on the internet why not download and save them to your computer for the future?

peter shilton
5 Oct 2006 - 8:10 AM

Quote: ...exceptionally fine publication, not least because of the remarkable quality of readers' contributed images

It was based on this comment. I suggested that it may be a differant publication.

mjsayles
mjsayles  81019 forum posts
5 Oct 2006 - 10:55 AM

I don't really buy any. But, reading through the thread, a few people have said "Outdoor Photographer" and some have said "OP".

Firstly, the "Outdoor Photographer" people - are you referring to the American publication by that name, or do you mean 'Outdoor Photography'?

And the "OP" people - which of the two do you mean? Obviously Doclassie means Outdoor Photography, because there is a reference to their horrendous 'Trinny and Susannah' style feature.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014013 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
5 Oct 2006 - 10:58 AM

Quote: The only reason for having the magazines is for future reference.

Nope - I use the web for that. The reason for magazines is:
1: You can read them in the bath.
2: you can read them on the loo
3. You get to see what images look like in print.

aftertherain
5 Oct 2006 - 11:08 AM

'fraid I'm a 'magazineaholic' can't resist them.
I have a regular order for Digital Photo, Digital Camera and have just ordered Outdoor photography.
I also seem to buy every other photography magazine sold in Asda when I do my weekly shop. Only buy AP when it has a good freebee.
Love looking at the pictures sent in to see if any Epeezers are mentioned, and they regularly are. Tell myself each month that I really should submit something but never do.
Pass the magazines on to friends who attend a local camera club and they distribute them to new members.
CD's either get recycled in the local plastics bin or sent off to camera club mentioned above.

Flashman
Flashman  12156 forum posts
7 Oct 2006 - 12:43 PM

Black Leather Monthly, the photography is fantastic, anybody going to the erotica exhibition at Olympia in november?
Am I sad?....read some of the above threads

rossd
rossd  111061 forum posts England
11 Oct 2006 - 7:56 PM

Any mag that:

-Doesn't have a shot of bl%%dy Buchaille Etive Mor (how many more can there be!!)

-Doesn't have a letter on the letters page saying 'I just bought your mag and it changed my life blah blah blah'. (How come there's never any letters saying 'your mag is cr*p?)

-Doesn't have a shot of bl**dy Rannoch Moor

-Doesn't have a shot of blurred water at sunset (shutter speed 2 hours!!)

Don't read mags anymore - usually rely on library books.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
11 Oct 2006 - 8:07 PM

Welcome back.

How long has it been three years!!!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.