Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which Manfrotto tripod?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

aftertherain
29 Apr 2007 - 9:28 AM

I use the 322RC head but I find it a bit clunky to use.
It hits against the head column and only travels 90 degrees in the vertical.
I'm sure there's a way around this but I haven't found it yet.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Apr 2007 - 9:28 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87276 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2007 - 9:53 AM

Neither have I...

perhaps the 222 is a better option...

Last Modified By Dave at 29 Apr 2007 - 9:54 AM
Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
29 Apr 2007 - 9:54 AM

To be honest, me too.
But still, they are good though.
;p

Kris_Dutson
29 Apr 2007 - 10:06 AM

Quote: It hits against the head column and only travels 90 degrees in the vertical. I'm sure there's a way around this but I haven't found it yet.

It's all in the wrist movement...

When vertical, hold the camera and twist the grip clockwise or anticlockwise so the slot lines up with the ball front or back. I can make mine move through 180 degrees front to back. Easier demonstrated then explained but it is possible. Maybe a bit of a fiddle but with landscapes who's in a rush anyway. Wink

I've also found that although I'm right handed, converting it to left had use is more intuitive. Maybe it's the guitar player in me...

I prefer the 322 over the 222 because it feels a lot more solid and keeps the camera's centre of gravity closer to the tripod. Coupled with my 055PROB it's a nice bit of kit. Smile

Last Modified By Dave at 29 Apr 2007 - 10:13 AM
aftertherain
29 Apr 2007 - 4:41 PM

I thought about changing to left hand operation simply because if I'm holding down a button on the camera I have to twist over with my left hand to operate the tripod head.
When I have time I'm going to get a different head, weight is a factor, I'm hoping there'll be a few different examples on the EPZ Hadrian's Wall Meet so I can compare.
Merl

tepot
tepot  104416 forum posts United Kingdom
8 May 2007 - 12:46 AM

i went for the 322RC2 head and the 3021PRO tripod after all, havn't had a chance to try them out yet though.

The combo is heavy compared to the old tripod i buggered up on the beach but then i don't stray far from the car on a shoot anyway so i don't think it will be a problem for me, and i'm hoping this will benefit me with stability in a windy situation.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.