Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

which metering mode ..............

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Cudweed
Cudweed  1 France
23 Aug 2013 - 1:29 PM

now that is a surprise Smile evaluative metering I have always thought for general shots and not for one specific subject. Thankyou Ade_Osman, I will have a practise with that mode. I usually focus the area behind the eye and thorax region, but of course the eye is important for all species.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
23 Aug 2013 - 1:29 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014145 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
23 Aug 2013 - 1:52 PM

If you are doing landscape shoots, looking at the histogram and adjusting (using exposure compensation and grads) - does the metering mode actually matter ?

Does it matter for HDR?

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014816 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
23 Aug 2013 - 1:55 PM

for HDR you're gathering a range of data so use matrix/full frame metering - gets you the overall average for the scene. then bracket from that.

if you used spot for HDR you may get an overly dark/bright set of shots to process....

rhol2
rhol2 e2 Member 3299 forum postsrhol2 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
23 Aug 2013 - 2:24 PM

Not sure about insects, but for landscapes I generally use spot metering , as mentioned by earlier posters

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.