Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which photo editing software do you use ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Members Only

You must be logged in or registered to join a group
KEV67S
KEV67S  5 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2014 - 4:47 PM

There are so many different products out there and vary quite vastly in price and ease of use that choosing the right one can be a costly exercise. Which product do you use and would you recommend it ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
29 Jan 2014 - 4:47 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96280 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2014 - 5:00 PM

Lightroom and I would recommend it.

KEV67S
KEV67S  5 United Kingdom
29 Jan 2014 - 5:04 PM

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate and find it very easy to use now. At first, like most things, I found it a little tricky to get the hang of.
It is a ' watered down ' version of Photoshop but has all the elements I require to edit my images and get creative if I so require. I found using Layers a challenge at first but soon got the hang of it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for something cheap that includes most of the elements of the more expensive software.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Paint-Shop-Pro-Photo-X2/dp/B000UZBYAA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8...

JN_CHATELAIN_PHOTOGRAPHY
29 Jan 2014 - 5:06 PM

If you have a Mac, Aperture 3 is very good and is about 10 cheaper than Element 12.
Aperture 3 is easy to use and gives good results.

Your choice depends on your experience with post production software and the amount of money you are prepared to spend.

Jestertheclown
29 Jan 2014 - 6:24 PM

Quote: Lightroom and I would recommend it.

Yep.

Then finish off in Photoshop (CS6).

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 29 Jan 2014 - 6:24 PM
sparrowhawk
sparrowhawk e2 Member 5267 forum postssparrowhawk vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2014 - 6:31 PM

aperture 3 ! its very user friendly

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122228 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2014 - 6:42 PM

Lightroom5 then Photoshop Elements (rarely these days)

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2014 - 6:49 PM

Quote: I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X2 Ultimate

If you like the X2 version, Your gonna love the X6 version, Seems Corel have finally sorted the bugs in the previous samples, I have been running it in trial mode, Looking for a sensible alternative to full on Photoshop, That lets face it has more stuff than is required for pure photo editing, Let alone the price tag.

Anyhow we have been testing Paint Shop Pro X6 alongside several other photo editing software's, ie: Full on Photoshop, Elements 12, We also use Lightroom & Phase Ones Capture One 7 Pro, However LR & C1/7 Pro are more geared towards the professional end, thus not a general roustabout editing suite.

So how does PSP X6 stand up against the Adobe products, Well our hands on testing would suggest its every bit as good as Elements, For pure photo editing its probably just as good as Photoshop, In fact it is more photo orientated than Photoshop which is really an image processing plant, Great if you do a lot of magazine work and the like, So maybe your rates will more than justify the expense.

Sure Elements in whatever flavour is a good alternative, Again this is more a photo editing product specific.

To answer your question though, We use Phase Ones Capture One 7 Pro alongside Lightroom for pure photography, Then if we want to mangle the data further, We shove it through Photoshop and let rip, Tis odd that rip and " R I P " are similar as this is often the outcome.Smile

There are many alternatives appearing on the market almost daily, Methinks they have spotted a wee opening in the market since Adobe has boldly gone all cloudy on us.!!!!!!!

The cloudy thing is why we are testing all the alternatives, When time permits....Wink

seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7533 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
29 Jan 2014 - 6:58 PM

Lightroom - better than Aperture (and I'm a Mac user!)

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315156 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2014 - 7:15 PM

I`ve just built a new PC and Since Adobe and AMD are now working together it had to be Photoshop CC and Lightroom.

http://sites.amd.com/us/business/software-partners/adobe/Pages/adobe-solutions.a...

Photoshop is nicely accelerated.
ex.jpg

photodigg
photodigg  5 Sweden
29 Jan 2014 - 8:49 PM

Lightroom 5

StrayCat
StrayCat e2 Member 1014633 forum postsStrayCat vcard Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2014 - 9:13 PM

Lightroom 4 and OnOne.

oakleypics
29 Jan 2014 - 9:15 PM

I'm using Lightroom 4. Started off using photoshop elements but once you get your brain around it Lightroom is great. Unless you need to do fancy editing I think it will handle most photos taken in raw or JPEG

paulette52
29 Jan 2014 - 9:18 PM

Lightroom 4.4 & Elements 12

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 92978 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
29 Jan 2014 - 10:17 PM

Lightroom 5 with Silver Effex and Elements 12
Perfect combination for me who is not interested in manipulation and design.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.