Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Which photo web hosting site is best to sign up with???

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

goldeneye
goldeneye  12 United Kingdom
6 Jan 2007 - 1:32 AM

Hi
I wonder if anyone would know of any photo web hosting site which has the welfare of photographers at its heart and actively promote those signing up their services.
There two that I come across: one is www.photium.com; the other is www.clikpic.com
Any info will be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Jan 2007 - 1:32 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Oasis888
Oasis888  7 United States
6 Jan 2007 - 3:10 AM

Check out Flickr.com

andytvcams
andytvcams  1110396 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Jan 2007 - 5:36 AM

All the info you need is here

And if you want to see how we have setup ours

geoffash26
geoffash26  102506 forum posts United Kingdom
6 Jan 2007 - 7:04 AM

Another vote for Photium Service is tops

Miles Herbert
6 Jan 2007 - 8:10 AM

And yet another vote for Photium. Service is excellent... customer service is even better...

keith selmes
6 Jan 2007 - 8:58 AM

Photium.
Having looked them over, I prefer it to Clickpic, and you get a full month trial.
Amazinginternet.com may be worth a look, also do a free one month trial, but they don't have the lower cost start up options that Photium has. They don't have a special offer for epz members either.

User_Removed
6 Jan 2007 - 11:16 AM

Photium.

Like I keep saying when these questions are raised, its not just the site itself that's important, its the support that is equally important IMO - and Photium support is second to none. That said - I've never had a problem with my site but when I ask a question, the answer is there VERY quickly.

Strongly recommended.

rykers
rykers  10125 forum posts
6 Jan 2007 - 2:30 PM

I'll echo Mikes point.

Never had a problem with my Photium site and very qucik response to any query.
Cheers
Paul

celyn
celyn  888 forum posts Wales
6 Jan 2007 - 2:56 PM

I use clikpic.com Never had a problem.If you want to see an example click here

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 94038 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2007 - 3:01 PM

Again, another vote for Photium, the customer service is excellent.

joolsb
joolsb  927115 forum posts Switzerland38 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2007 - 3:46 PM

I switched from Clikpic to Photium and since then several people have told me how professional my site looks. 'nuff said.

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2007 - 4:05 PM

Jools I just had another peek.

Your site looks very professional.

See? another one 8-] hehe

No I do actually mean it!! LOL

aftertherain
6 Jan 2007 - 4:38 PM

And if Photium is a bit expensive for you then look at clickpic
A lot of people, including me,my site use them.
If things go well and you make some money you can always use Photium in a years time, when your subs are due.

martinproe
6 Jan 2007 - 5:35 PM

I changed from clicpic to Photium a while back and have never looked back. The service is second to none and the ease of use is wonderful.

csurry
csurry  129230 forum posts92 Constructive Critique Points
6 Jan 2007 - 5:45 PM

I would say if you are just starting out and unsure what response/interest there is likely to be in your site that clikpic would be the better option. This is purely a cost based argument at this point, as also made by aftertherain.

My clikpic site is due for renewal in the next 6 months and at that time I will consider Photium, but despite sales of images and articles I personally find the cost a bit steep to justify.

I know there are lots of arguments in favour of Photium, and topping up Will's meagre ePZ salary has to be one of them, yet I still find 80 or 150 per year too large a gap from the clikpic fees.

One of the main arguments against clikpic can be that the sites look untidy, but this does not need to be the case, mine recently got an extremely positive review in f2 (a freelance magazine).

You can find a link on my profile, if you're interested in seeing another clikpic site as a comparison.

Cheryl

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.